interesting thing I've noticed with everyones calorie counts

Options
Tmbrooks75
Tmbrooks75 Posts: 182 Member
Every person whom I looked at is always under their calorie counts for that day. Granted, I havent looked at EVERY single person's diary but I find it amusing that no one has seemed to go over the magic number. Is everyone really doing that good or do some people fudge the numbers so that it looks like they are doing well?

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I've gone over, quite a bit some days.
    But generally I work within my calories and find no real issue with it.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I've never gone over... I physically can't eat as much as this site tells me to! =/
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I go over pretty regularly, but I try to keep it no more than 200 over, which will slow me but not make me want to give up entirely. On days I don't work out, it's pretty easy to go over!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What I notice most is the lack of fruits and vegetables.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I've gone over about 40% of my days... 1200 calories doesn't leave much room for junk food and beer!
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I go over sometimes. But when I'm having a good day, I usually give myself a little cushion of 100-200 cals because I don't trust myself to not forget something or screw up a calculation.
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    the think I lack the most is water. I just cant seem to drink the 64 oz unless I am at the gym and exercising hard.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    the think I lack the most is water. I just cant seem to drink the 64 oz unless I am at the gym and exercising hard.

Trade ya... I drink probably twice what I should! I love water :D
    You can have some of my calories please...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've been over quite often lately. But today I increased my calories, so if you go back and look, it will look like I've been under.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If i eat or drink it goes in my diary. I just don't go over often but it does happen.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    What I notice most is the lack of fruits and vegetables.
    yup^^^

I went over by quite a bit today because I had a home cooked meal and no way to know how many calories:ohwell:

But yeah, I go over a lot or come out dead even.
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    I aim for somewhere between 100 over or under every day. My week usually averages to less than 50 under. I like to eat! I'm not wasting those calories! :)
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I go over but on days that I know I will eat/drink more I generally try to exercise more to earn the extras. My "red zone" days when I'm over are usually when I get home from work and my retired husband is bored and wants to go out to eat and I didn't have advance notice to plan. I don't poke around others' diaries much, although it does sometimes make make think twice when I find "merlot", and "bourbon" on my recent food list. :ohwell:
  • Tmbrooks75
    Options
    skinnijen, thats just wrong to put a shot of you eating an ice cream cone as your profile pic. its like, nanana boo boo, look at what you cant do. hahaha :)
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I workout long enough everyday so that I burn enough calories that I don't have to worry about going over my calorie goal. :wink:
  • quelquun
    quelquun Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I go over my calories 9 times out of 10... I have a bottomless pit, and eating 1200 net calories a day is just too little food for me, most days. I thought it was because my food wasn't nutrient dense, but this happens even on the days that I am eating more than a pound of fruits and veggies and plenty of protein.
  • Emberlure
    Emberlure Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to go over because I know I have to post it here. lol
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    I tend to be under every day because I can never seem to eat back all of my exercise calories.
  • nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    If I see I am close to going over....I go do something to counteract the calories....you know.....more exercise.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I go over on my cheat days sometimes.

I try to keep it within my calories even on my cheat days but I try not to drive myself crazy if I go over a bit.