interesting thing I've noticed with everyones calorie counts

Options

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i lie all the time cause i need to be liked from everyone here.

:D
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I go over on occasion, especially if I've allowed myself a "splurge" meal. I don't ever "fudge" on my food diary...the only person I would be doing a disservice to is myself.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i go over at least once a week :)
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    you obviously missed my journal! -_- i did poorly today going over by 654 calories! but usually i try to stay under.. this is the first time in a while i have gone over...
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I will leave a few calories on the table if I'm having something I'm not "sure" on the calories with but the program does say you were under even if you were short by 1 calorie which i think has come up before, not that I could find the day now because my calorie goal is different now than it was.
  • nomorewishing
    nomorewishing Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I go over quite a lot, somehow I managed to go over 1600 calories on tuesday :sad: :sad: :sad: I am NOT going to let that happen again!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am over 273 today and was over by almost 1300 last week.
  • beeny83
    beeny83 Posts: 61
    Options
    No i don't think most people are lying about what they eat but I do think people stretch the truth about how much exercise they do. I almost never go over eating 1200 in a day and I do NOT eat back my workouts . If people are doing the wrong thing and not being honest it doesn't matter to me because there just lying to themselves I don't care if they lie to me. What upsets me is when people get upset that there not loosing weight then you check out what they have been eating and its strips any sympathy I had for them simply because they have not been working out and have been eating 2500 calories a day.
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely over. I don't eat more than fifty percent of my exercise calories. I will start eating back all my exercise calories once I'm done shedding the last ten pounds of fat. I promise....until then I'm not starving and I feel great. I'm losing about a pound every week. Right now I'm down to 1100 calories a day, because I am not feeling well and sleeping all day (bmr is 1200 approx) Usually my net is around 1300. Its all in eating healthy, getting enough fat and enough protein. I'm not hungry.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I go over once in awhile but not that often. I put in my dinner calories before I cook it to see where I ended up for the day. Sometimes I have to change what I was going to have for dinner several times to get under my calorie count. If I end up a couple of hundred over I exercise until I am under again.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm usually under because I eat right around what I'm supposed to, but I exercise and it gives me those calories back. I LOVE THAT! :D
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need to justify myself to anyone in this thread because none of you know me and probably don't care if I am losing weight or not. :flowerforyou:
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I'm probably over half of the days every month but not by more than 10-20 calories. The other days i'm under by 10-20 calories or so. About twice a month I have a significant overage but generally not over maintenance.
  • 007DIVA
    007DIVA Posts: 12
    Options
    I tend not to go over and if there are days I want to eat more I'll exercise and earn more calories. I also cheat and don't count calories 1 to 2 times a week where I still try to eat healthy but let myself get away with more. It has been working out well for me so far, 10 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need to justify myself to anyone in this thread because none of you know me and probably don't care if I am losing weight or not. :flowerforyou:

Werd...
  • Emberlure
    Emberlure Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i lie all the time cause i need to be liked from everyone here.

:D

haha. naughty girl. Now I know the truth. ;)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I go over all the freaking time. But I often "cheat" and don't hit the "complete" button if I was bad.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm usually under, but it's by 100 cals or less. Lately it's been 50 cals or less. I tried the "1200" calorie thing and it took me entirely too long to realize that it's too low.
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It is really hard for me to eat my limit and sometimes have to force to eat extra. I rarely go over the limit and exercise almost every day.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I havent been calorie counting lately, but when i do i usually go over because I set my calorie limit much lower than MFP recommends ^^