How to make a tuna sandwich taste good without mayo?

Options

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Not bad with lowfat cottage cheese and tomatoes, either!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the responses, I use Chobani plain yogurt instead of Mayo.I LOVe that it doesn't have an aftertaste, I'm adding protein and I'm not wasting calories on Mayo.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    one wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese, a little spicy brown mustard and lemon juice to taste... i like it better than the mayo version now :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I use canola oil mayo but if you are trying to cut your overall fat/calories try mixing a little EVOO with a little horseradish mustard (or whatever flavor you prefer).
  • robyng1986
    robyng1986 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    to answer your question:

one cream cheese wedge
    1/2 lemon
    salt/pepper
    1 teaspoon virgin olive oile

awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!

really??? cream cheese? i'm intrigued
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Bourbon?
  • Prettyinpaisley
    Prettyinpaisley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I thought I was being original with the Laughing Cow wedge added to my tuna - until I searched the forum for no-mayo tuna recipes. The light Laughing Cow wedges are only 35 calories. I also tend to skip the bread with my tuna, and instead go for something like lettuce leaves or rye crackers.

Greek yogurt is also a delicious idea I might have to try.

ALSO - I always make sure to RINSE my tuna - it drastically cuts the sodium.
  • Asher213
    Options
    Plain greek yoghurt or cottage cheese
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,999 Member
    Options
    Personally I would still use real mayo. You only need a tsp for 1 sandwich and what does that have 15-20 calories........could never figure out diet food or giving up on what makes food taste good to an individual........moderation my friend.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I just use mayo. I try to get a pretty accurate eyeball measurement, log it, and make it fit in my daily calories.

Because mayo is delicious.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    1 serving (tble spoon) of Hellman's light mayo ( 35 calories) with coriander (cilantro), chives and Valentina hot sauce! Yum Yum!
  • KimmehL
    KimmehL Posts: 373 Member
    Options
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I use a little Hellman's light mayo and red wine vinegar. Yum!
  • SandiBeWell
    Options
    Love that Greek yogurt! I made cauliflower soup the other day & topped it with the nonfat Gk yogurt & it was so good!
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just starting eating it with barbeque sauce and some chopped onions. So yummy
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Oh you'll love this!

Instead of mayo, use bbq sauce. Also, switch the tuna out for pulled pork. It's delicious!!
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I mix my tuna with some black pepper, vinegar and lemon juice to give it a bit of taste. :)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Dijon Mustard and just a little bit of fat free kraft miracle whip. You can get away with under 1tbsp of miracle whip if you use a good blop of dijon.

Also, do you work for general mills? I worked there for 5 years before I resigned. Wife still works there.

Wow - first comment too

DITTO!
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    Kraft Olive Oil Mayo. 45 calories per tablespoon.