How to make a tuna sandwich taste good without mayo?

Options

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    How about a bit of relish or maybe some jalepno peppers?... and add some onion. No sauce needed.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Hummus.
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    to answer your question:

one cream cheese wedge
    1/2 lemon
    salt/pepper
    1 teaspoon virgin olive oile

awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dijon for sure! Also, can't remember where I read to try this but is now my go to: pickled jalepenos (think nachos) diced in there. So yum! I also add dried dill weed.

If you need the creamy aspect, plain Greek yogurt or a laughing cow wedge are my other two suggestions.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I like italian dressing, olives, and peppers with spinach in a pita! :)
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    When I make tuna fish, I add....chopped celery, carrots and onions. I then add, light mayo, celery seed and ground pepper. It's pretty good, if I say so myself, and with the vege's added in, it stretches a can of tuna nicely. I hope you enjoy it, however you plan on making it....
  • genmills2001
    Options
    Lots of replies really fast, thanks everyone for the input. Kinda rough because I'm a picky eater (and of course I love the stuff that is the worst for me) but I have hope. I feel like my tastes might be coming around now that I'm eating like a person should.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    olive oil + vegetables (tomato/green pepper/onion) + salt & pepper + italian seasoning
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I use plain lofat yogurt instead of mayonnaise in all kinds of recipes. Nobody can tell the difference. add green onions, peas, celery- add texture & flavor I even throw in a hard boiled egg
    I mean it is tuna SALAD, right?
  • roxypoptart
    roxypoptart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i like salsa or guacamole. i know doesnt sound good mood it issssss!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Aggie's Tuna: 1 can of tuna in water, drained, 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup red grapes cut in half, 1/4cup chopped celery, finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices, to taste. Mix all. Deliciousness!

I usually put it in a tortilla wrap and drill on both sides with a little goad cheese.
  • genmills2001
    Options
    Lots of replies really fast, thanks everyone for the input. Kinda rough because I'm a picky eater (and of course I love the stuff that is the worst for me) but I have hope. I feel like my tastes might be coming around now that I'm eating like a person should.
  • oh_mg
    oh_mg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to mix tuna with a couple of tbsp of hummus - more protein, and totally delicious!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The only "healthy" subway sandwhiches is the veggie and the turkey/ham...with veggies. No mayo or cheese
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    mustard + DILL relish (not sweet relish which is filled with sugar!), sometimes if I have calories left over to use I put in a table spoon of mayo which is 100 cal. but usually not.
  • jenna066
    Options
    Mustard and hot gardenia
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Veganaise. It is the Vegan form of mayo. It tastes great and is not loaded with bad fat and lots of calories.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I use a tablespoon of ff cream cheese and a bit of salsa. Or just the cream cheese. Yumm!
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No Mayo Tuna Salad

6 eggs
    1 1/2 cups bread and butter pickles
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice

Directions

1. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool under cold running water. Peel.
    2. Place the eggs and pickles into a food processor, and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in tuna and celery. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the pickle juice until thoroughly blended. Serve on bread or lettuce.

Nutritional Information

Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving

Calories: 172
    Total Fat: 5.5g
    Cholesterol: 228mg
    Sodium: 525mg
    Total Carbs: 8.8g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
    Protein: 20.7g
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member