Omelettes

Options
2»

Replies

• Dinah22
    Dinah22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I never flip an omlette. Just fold over 1/3 of it once the underneath is cooked and then slide it onto the plate. The centre of an omlette should be deliciouly "squigy"
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I never flip an omlette. Just fold over 1/3 of it once the underneath is cooked and then slide it onto the plate. The centre of an omlette should be deliciouly "squigy"

Ahh, that's the French method; when I do have omelets, I prefer it this way, too. Flipping seems to be a very American thing. But both ways are very good. :)

I'm not a huge omelet fan, but I had a version of it in Tanzania that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. It has turned me back on to omelets. It was fresh dill sprinkled on top of an omelet folded with sliced potatoes, goat cheese, and leeks ... Oh. My. God. If you're worried about the fat, you can cut out the goat cheese, it's pretty good with just the veggies, too.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I like my omelettes with whole eggs and lots and lots of bacon, sausage, cheese, onions and tomatoes. I'd put ham in it too but I dont buy ham.