Idea's to replace chips.......

Options
I am definitely in LOVE with just about any flavor Lays chips. I don't eat them often because I know how hard it is to stop once I start. I normally measure out the exact serving or sometimes just half. I know I really NEED to stay away from them completely....... so do any of you have any suggestions on what snacks I can use to replace the Chips? Things that are low cal and low fat?

6720589.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit chips help me especially if I make them myself. Also, assorted nuts work well.
  • iheartdesign
    iheartdesign Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know a friend of mine fell in love with Kale Chips?! You make them in the oven, and they're crunchy like a chip and great for you! I'm sure theres a recipe if you would "google" it. I have never tried them so can't say they're yummy or not, but good luck!
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Quaker Crispy Minis are really tasty, and they have a LOT of flavours, and they still have that crunch like chips!! 12 crispy minis is only 90 calories =)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I personally feel that nothing can truly replace a potato chip, however, have you ever had kale chips? They're actually really good! Also you could make your own with thin potato slices, sweet potatoes, carrots and other veggies.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iheartdesign
    iheartdesign Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you have to be careful with dried fruit because of the natural sugar intake, while trying to loose weight.
  • himiller3
    Options
    Special K makes a cracker chip that's pretty good. They make Sea Salt & Sour Cream n' Onion
  • healthy4self
    Options
    Thinly sliced sweet potato
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    You could eat baked potato chips, kale chips, other veggie chips, Special K chips...
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Special K makes a cracker chip that's pretty good. They make Sea Salt & Sour Cream n' Onion
    These are so good!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Seaweed snacks? There's about 10 calories per serving and they're pretty cheap. (Others have already mentioned kale chips. I'm just not a big fan of them as I prefer my kale steamed.)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I tried pita chips the other day, I don't like them but others do. I also use celery with dips and salsa. Sun Chips have a bit more fiber than other chips so when/if I do splurge on chips I go with those.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I know a friend of mine fell in love with Kale Chips?! You make them in the oven, and they're crunchy like a chip and great for you! I'm sure theres a recipe if you would "google" it. I have never tried them so can't say they're yummy or not, but good luck!

^^^^ These!!! They're amazingly good and taste surprisingly like potato chips!

You just take a bunch of Kale, cut to desired size, spray lightly with olive oil, and put in a 300 degree oven until crispy. I think I did mine for about 20-25 minutes or so (you can stir/check occasionally...they'll also turn darker green, but you don't want brown). Sprinkle with salt/garlic powder/whatever, and you can eat a ton of them nearly guilt-free!!
  • bryansmama
    Options
    Special K chips! I actually think they are better than regular chips! Love them.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I personally feel that nothing can truly replace a potato chip
    This! So... I don't try to replace them. I just save up my calories and eat the real deal. YUM! Or I do a bit of extra exercise so I can eat more of them! ;)
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    These are so good!

I've tried them before, they are pretty good!! Wish they would make new flavors too!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love kettle chips but had to give them up. I now am addicted to low fat popcorn. Not as good but helps with the salty cravings.
    It's a whole grain also.
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    I added a friend on here who makes chips with "flatout" multigrain wraps, should check out his videos on youtube. Hes got some pretty good food ideas on there (MattyFusaro) it's one of his more recent videos where he makes a taco salad, but thats a good chip subsitute
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I personally feel that nothing can truly replace a potato chip
    This! So... I don't try to replace them. I just save up my calories and eat the real deal. YUM! Or I do a bit of extra exercise so I can eat more of them! ;)

Lol, I am the same way! I love baked lays...and pop chips!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Quaker Crispy Minis are really tasty, and they have a LOT of flavours, and they still have that crunch like chips!! 12 crispy minis is only 90 calories =)

Thanks for this!! I don't go down the snack isle's very often anymore...... but did run across these the other day for the first time! I will have to try some :-)