Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Popchips.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I added a friend on here who makes chips with "flatout" multigrain wraps, should check out his videos on youtube. Hes got some pretty good food ideas on there (MattyFusaro) it's one of his more recent videos where he makes a taco salad, but thats a good chip subsitute

I'll have to check that out! Thanks.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge chip eater, but when the craving does strike, Pop Chips satisfy it. They are tasty and 1 serving is half the bag. Total guilt-free snack!
  • kelseyrose31
    Options
    Veggie Straws! They are AMAZING and made from veggies- you can find them at Whole Foods, and Outpost foods! I'm sure you can find them at other places. That's just where I get mine!
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm craving chips a like to eat brown rice, multi-grain or baked chips. I also like Snapea crisps, which or baked snap peas (or geen beans as some of us know them as). I often by the "Late July" brand of multi-grain/brown rice chips. They're low-cal and low-fat because they bake them and they offer many flavors.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Special K makes a cracker chip that's pretty good. They make Sea Salt & Sour Cream n' Onion

These are really good. Give you lots of crunch and I think a serving is 30
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I slice potatoes thin and put them in the microwave for a few minutes. They crisp up and actually taste pretty freakin good!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips, Pringles LIghtly Salted, Zapp's No Salt, Garden of Eatin's Blue Chips No Salt Added
    Or bake corn tortillas until crispy!
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My great weakness isn't potato chips, but corn chips. For a somewhat healthier replacement, I slice tortillas into wedges with a pizza cutter, arrange the pieces on a cooking sheet, brush them very lightly with olive oil, sprinkle a little salt, and bake them at 350F for a few minutes until they are the proverbial golden-brown and delicious.

The fat content is MUCH lower than chips, the fats are unsaturated, and the chips are fantastic with salsa or hummus. In fact, I make these for guests, and a lot of them comment on how much tastier they are than a bag of corn chips.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Smart Pop Popcorn
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I was just about to suggest veggie straws but another person just beat me to it. When my husband brought them home I thought, "gross, who'd eat that?!" Well, after trying them, I'd be the person who'd eat them and I am junk food lover so if I liked them you might too!
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Special K makes a cracker chip that's pretty good. They make Sea Salt & Sour Cream n' Onion
    These are so good!

I've tried them before, they are pretty good!! Wish they would make new flavors too!

Definately agree I love the special k chips and think they should make new flavors
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips, Pringles LIghtly Salted, Zapp's No Salt, Garden of Eatin's Blue Chips No Salt Added
    Or bake corn tortillas until crispy!

Oh I forgot them Pop Chips are really good to
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    pop corn chips... my brand is chipins also dry veggies :) and I make my own guacamole :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in LOVE with just about any flavor Lays chips. I don't eat them often because I know how hard it is to stop once I start. I normally measure out the exact serving or sometimes just half. I know I really NEED to stay away from them completely....... so do any of you have any suggestions on what snacks I can use to replace the Chips? Things that are low cal and low fat?

6720589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

It's hard to eat just one Lays chip. The same thing with pringles. You can try the baked lays.
  • slenderagain
    Options
    I second the kale chips. I use my dehydrator to make them and they get really crispy without burning. If you really want to treat yourself, you can buy Rhythm brand kale chips in three flavors at whole foods - zesty nacho, ranch, and bombay curry. The nacho ones are amazing. They are all raw, vegan, whole food based chips and if you look at the nutrition facts, you get a TON of vitamins and minerals in them.
  • jaxson1974
    Options
    I was the same too, but I started eating the 100 cal bags of microwave popcorn, and used the seasonings. That way I got any flavour I wanted, and guilt free.
  • Wilfred808
    Options
    I am definitely in LOVE with just about any flavor Lays chips. I don't eat them often because I know how hard it is to stop once I start. I normally measure out the exact serving or sometimes just half. I know I really NEED to stay away from them completely....... so do any of you have any suggestions on what snacks I can use to replace the Chips? Things that are low cal and low fat?

6720589.png
    just fit it into what you are eating that day. chips will only make you fat if you have no self control.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options

6720589.png
    Try Special K cracker crisps. For 27 chips it's 90 calories.
  • mom2my5sons
    mom2my5sons Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    air-popped popcorn. A tbsp of butter flavours a huge bowl, add some salt, YUM!