To those in the Northeast...

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
Why does everyone think the weather today is crappy? Yes, I realize it's snowing before it's winter, but really. The snow is so beautiful, and it looks so pretty on all the trees that haven't quite shed all of their leaves. Sure, you have to shovel snow, but come on, people! It's a nice, brisk workout! For me, it was the PERFECT day to wake up early (and I am by no means a morning person,) get my day started, clean my room, then curl up on the couch and watch The Nanny and drink a nice, steaming cup of peppermint mocha coffee. It's a beautiful day, y'all! Learn to enjoy it, because if you act like this every time you gotta shovel a little snow, you're gonna be miserable all winter! Have a great day! :drinker:

Replies

• PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm so giddy right now looking out the window seeing the big fluffy snowflakes falling from the sky. I'm so happy lol
  • Beehiveof8
    Beehiveof8 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love this weather. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida, so I'm missing what you all are seeing. Love your positive attitudes though! :flowerforyou:
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I take it in stride. Lived in Mass my whole life and it is what it is. Snow, heat, rain...whatevah!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much upset that it's snowing so much as I'm upset that the weather changed so suddenly. Spring and fall are my favorite seasons, and we didn't really get much of either this year (not like we really ever do). We got winter and summer, and I was looking forward to a spring after the horrendous winter we had. I wasn't ready for summer yet, lol. Just like I'm not QUITE ready for winter. I love seeing the leaves turn and we didn't really get a lot of that this year.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I live in Florida, so I'm missing what you all are seeing. Love your positive attitudes though! :flowerforyou:

Where at? I lived there for most of my life :) Maybe that's why I appreciate it more!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    My car is covered already. It's been a long time since we got snow this early. There are still leaves on the trees. Had to turn the heat on too. Got the hot chocolate out.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    My car is covered already. It's been a long time since we got snow this early. There are still leaves on the trees. Had to turn the heat on too. Got the hot chocolate out.

Mmm hot chocolate <3
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe because we had to spend hundreds last year to keep our roof from caving in? Forgive me if I'm not freaking thrilled about the weather. How about you just enjoy it and keep it to yourself instead of judging the rest of us?
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I don't know, maybe because we had to spend hundreds last year to keep our roof from caving in? Forgive me if I'm not freaking thrilled about the weather. How about you just enjoy it and keep it to yourself instead of judging the rest of us?

I don't think she was necessarily judging. But we DO live in New England and should be used to it. That was the point she was making. Not "Enjoy the snow because everyone else is" or "If you don't just enjoy it, you're crazy." She was just stating a point that messed up seasons is simply a part of living here and that we should adapt. It's not the end of the world.

.. I'm not usually this kind of person, but the OP is on my friend's list and she's NOT judgmental at all. She's realistic.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE, did I say LOVE snow, I just recorded my son looking out the window for his "first snow experience" (he is 5 months old) :smile:
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I was more freaked out the year it was 80 degrees on Halloween! Where in the NE, is everyone from? NH here.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    Options
    I was more freaked out the year it was 80 degrees on Halloween! Where in the NE, is everyone from? NH here.

Philadelphia!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Awhhh is someone being gwumpy? Maybe you should take a wittle nap.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas, almost the WHOLE ENTIRE SUMMER here it was over 100 degrees F. I am sick of it. I think I had a heat headache for weeks on end. Cannot WAIT to move back to the Northeast where I was raised. Cape Cod specifically.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Northeast PA, and peaved because the weather puts a damper on my Halloween plans. No one wants to go out tonight. :grumble:

And the zombie walk earlier had a poor turnout because the zombies were too much of a bunch of sissies to go out in the snow.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Haha, I agree that it is so pretty! My only complaint is as I drove home every day this week seeing the gorgeous fall colors with the sun shining on them I had planned to go take some fall pics of my son...wouldn't quite be the same in the grayness and snow :)

I have to admit I am happy this is a Saturday though and that I didn't have to be anywhere today...we all know how terribly people drive in the first snow of the year!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Awhhh is someone being gwumpy? Maybe you should take a wittle nap.

lol seriously that took me aback just a bit.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    New Hampshire resident here and I LOVE WINTER! Fall and Winter are my most favorite seasons here. It never bothers me that snow comes here, in fact I always tell people to arrange to have their snow delivered to my house (their cost, of course), if they dont want it...

On the flip side though, I take a particular list of medications, a couple of which prevent me from being able to be in the sun too long, Im pale as a ghost naturally as it is and its much dangerous for me to be outside in the direct sun anyways... I would be the ONE person at NASCAR up in Loudon, NH who has to be fully dressed and covered head-to-toe in clothing... Who the hell wants to live life like that? I dont! I get real sick with extreme heat and humidity....

So.. I welcome Fall and Winter willingly....
  • magratnj
    magratnj Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ah, it is only raining here (and has been all day). They got our hopes up with snow, although I don't know what trick or treating would be like. Granted, I love listening to the rain.
This discussion has been closed.