I felt like throwing my food on his plate...............

Options
13»

Replies

• Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people will pick a fight over anything. He would have had a cow. pardon the pun, if he would have seen my nearly raw steak I ate tonight!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Aren't self-righteous people fun?! Haha. I am a carnivore. For sure. and my very best friend is a hardcore vegan... only she's the normal kind that doesn't judge. She even has shared recipes with me that I can adapt to include meat, and vice versa.

I have a feeling if you'd been wearing a fur coat this guy would've thrown red paint on you.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Interesting how these people are so worried about animals but have no problem insulting people they just met or making scenes at parties. This kind of disregard for humanity is grounded in self-hate, IMO.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    See..that would be a hard on for me cause i hate when people wont leave stuff alone.. You handled it wayy better than I would have. People like that aggrivate me..Good job
    I can be confrontational, but nowadays it's when it's one on one in privacy. I've learned it doesn't need to be done in public and what kind of a father would I be if I'm trying to teach my daughter how to do it correctly and I don't follow my own advice? Guaranteed, had we taken it around the back of the barn, I would have been up in his grill.............
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of a joke:

How do you know who is a vegetarian at a party?

Don't worry. They will be sure to let you know.

It's funny because it's true.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I would have made moaning sounds and chew with my mouth open for him, maybe even slather some bbq sauce all around my lips. Then when I finished I'd go get more just because. Maybe even just let the plate of seconds sit there on the table :laugh:
    He tried to make you feel uncomortable, I'd hit right back without saying a word.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm a strong supporter of P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals). :laugh:

Seriously though...what a jerk! I respect people's choices to eat however they want, but when they have to push their ideals down everyone else's throats, then I have a problem with it!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians should be grateful that there are meat eaters around to continue the existence of farm animals.
    Grr there so stupid it angers me!!

WOW

*facepalm*

Well obviously they would still be alive for dairy.. etc..
    but i mean things like pigs..
    if we didnt eat meat then they would have no reason to be bred.

I'm not a vegetarian, but this goes into a whole different debate on breeding and mass production of animals for consumption and the treatment of those animals including hormone injections and the type of breeding performed. In the right hands this is a really good argument for not eating meat and supporting the meat industry, not a good argument for eating meat.

edited for clarification
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I would have bowed my head in prayer again and thanked the cow for giving his life so I could eat it. :bigsmile:
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I only eat beef that have committed suicide or died accidentally. :bigsmile: The world has always been full of overbearing people wanting to shove their views down another's throat. Think The Crusades. I bet they drove a Prius too.

Bahaha - the Prius bit made actually LOL at my desk. :laugh: