Unhappy With Weight Loss Goals

2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I have had a look at your diary, and you eat FAR too little. I am 5ft5, 8 stone 12 and i net about 1700 calories.

Wanting to be less than 8 and a half stone is very little for your height. If you have 'flabby' bits you should look at eatign to maintenance and building muscle so you have a toned appearance and are not 'skinny fat'.
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    I've actually just INCREASED my goal weight by 5lbs after reading the thread about body fat percentages and how they translate to total body weight. So I guess I'm the opposite of you. I can also envisage me going to maintenance before I even reach the goal weight, because I'm quite happy with how I look at the moment and I'm still 15 lbs away!
    I realised that, at 5'8", 130 lbs would be a little too much of an unrealistic goal. Don't want to make myself unhealthy. Perhaps if you are still unsatisfied with how you look you should work on building muscle rather than losing weight, and try to make sure your BMI stays within the healthy range.

*edit* Just looked at your diary and you are definitely aren't eating enough! This might explain why you can see 'flabby bits' when you look in the mirror. Sounds like, because you're eating so little, your body has had to turn to your muscle stores for energy. Try increasing your calories a little and do some strength training to see if that helps to remedy it.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Im literally unhappy with what I see in the mirror. I have flabby parts which im trying to tone. I hate the numbers on the scales as they seem so high. Im unhappy when I see people who are smaller than me and alhought I hae lost so much weight i still done look like them. Im unhappy about the fat that I still cant fit into a uk size 8 when i really should be able to at my weight. Seriously the list goes on.

I am going to speculate two things. This is my opinion only:

1) If you aren't yet, you should lift heavy. I'm guessing you either didn't lift weights while dieting, or you did, but didn't lift heavy ones. This will drastically improve your body composition.

2) There's a possibility that you have body dysmorphic disorder and you may wish to see a professional or at the very least, take some screenings for it to see.
This discussion has been closed.