Exercising with glasses...

Options
2»

Replies

• BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I always keep them on for everything, for exercises where you're finding that they slip down or are in danger of flying off, you can get bands that hold them in place, they go around the back of your head, they even work to hold glasses in place on rollercoasters :D
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I always keep them on for everything, for exercises where you're finding that they slip down or are in danger of flying off, you can get bands that hold them in place, they go around the back of your head, they even work to hold glasses in place on rollercoasters :D

That's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? Duh! :tongue:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If your glasses are sliding off while you exercise, you need to get them refitted. I have worn glasses every day since I was 5. I only take them off to shower and sleep. I get mine refitted anytime they start getting loose and sliding down.
  • slickracer
    Options
    I go back and forth wearing contacts and glasses with very few issues. Contacts are bad when you get dirt in your eye and glasses need cleaning more often.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I wear mine during exercise and hate it! But I can only afford about 3 months worth of contact lenses a year and I tend to save them for winter wear. Sweaty glasses are easier than running/snowshoeing/cross country skiing in glasses that fog up in the cold because I am breathing heavily, then freeze solid so you have to scrape them off to see out of them. Also my glasses do not fit inside my skidoo helmet. :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I occasionally wear mine. Mine are just a plastic frame that you can't adjust though so if they start sliding off then I just take them off. I can't see much without them but I can see enough not to injure myself on something!! :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I wear mine, but then I also wear them in the shower with me and wash them (particularly at the temples and nose bridge) to get the sweat off.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wear mine when I'm exercising, and it's a pain! Especially in the middle of high impact exercise like Insanity when my glasses literally hit the floor, ironically during a move called 'Hit the Floor'. I also wear contact lenses occasionally, but sweat tends to roll down into my eyes, making it uncomfortable for lens wear.

If you need the glasses for running/biking, you could get fitted for a proper, more sturdy pair of glasses that will stay on during exercise, otherwise simply take it off when you're doing high impact moves. It's inconvenient (and super blurry haha) but that's the momentary solution for me. :)
  • mstormth
    mstormth Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I wear my glasses every day - have no choice.

I work out (exercise video - Jillian Michaels), walk, exercise daily and i have no issues with my glasses.

Get them adjusted so they fit properly, if you are feeling they are loose on you, you may just need an adjustment.
  • MaryPaull
    Options
    I would recommend a online contact lenses store which provides contact lenses for less price. I had ordered contact lenses for less price. Found more tips on buying contact lenses, Caring tips, wearing tips online. I had got upto 70% off on buying contact lenses and lots more offers from http://www.contactlensesexpress.co.uk
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    if fitting doesn't do the trick, try another frame of glasses.
  • blondegurlio
    Options
    This year i went from wearing contact lenses full time to wearing my glasses (which i too hate waring glasses and exercising) but as long as they fit you alright and are comfortable you should have no worries at all.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm a four eyes too. 'I wear them while lifting, but not when doing cardio or kettlebells.
  • faisalfaz
    Options
    i bought new glasses, so I'm acting fancy and jogging and doing yoga without 'em. so far so good. pray for me!
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I mix it up. I frequently do morning jogs with glasses or prescription sunglasses. I usually do most other stuff with contacts. And if my eyes are dry or worn out and I'm doing boxing or Muay Thai or something like that, I just go blind, keep my hands up and go for the clinch.

Then there was yesterday. I, um, was slicing up some Serrano chilis to put in some Mexican food and put my contacts in right afterwards. Some of the oil from the chilis got on the inside of my contact lenses. Yikes! Not a good feeling. I threw those contacts away as they're disposable and won't make that mistake again.