How often do you weigh in?

Options
How often do YOU weigh in? :-)
I'm thinking every week, but i don't want to get discouraged...

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning; but I only record my weight on Fridays.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Same time (pretty much) every Friday morning first thing after a wee and with nothing on!
  • Dianeb412
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning..probably should just do once a week.
    I think I am obsessed witht he scale
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but only log when there is a loss. That gives me the drive to keep it there or less.
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    i weigh in every week its hard not to sneak a peek half way through but its great when you see the amount you have lost at the end of the week :)
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Me too! Except I'm trying to not weigh every day anymore.. but it's not working too well for me though lol
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    What works for one person may not for you. With that said,, I weigh in once a week. Every friday morning the first thing I do is weight myself, naked. Same time, every week. It works for me.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    EVERY FRIDAY
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    Only recording when there's a loss - That's a good idea :-)

Thank you, all :-)
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I Only weigh in every Monday. My wright fluctuates to often, so I only do every Monday. If you look at your MFP summary, it shows you your weekly stats. So if one day you go over and the next day you are under it evens out for a weekly loss. :)
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing. I know it's not healthy but I am with one of the other posters. I am obsessed with the scale!!
  • mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I also weigh in everyday which I know is bad. I only record a loss in MFP however if it shows that number or lower for 3 consecutive days.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Once a week, every Monday, keeps me in check over the weekend b/c I know that I will be weighing on Monday!!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day... I know they say you shouldn't but I'm afraid I'll let myself get away with too much junk food if I don't have that daily reminder to behave myself!! Lol
  • Elissamf
    Options
    Daily, but that only works if you don't get discouraged by small gains because some days you just weigh a little more or less. Usually if I gain a little one day, the next day I lose a lot, so it evens out (:
  • MCSCA
    MCSCA Posts: 2
    Options
    I am weighing in once a week after my class on Thursday evening.:smile:
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    twice a month. I was obsessed and weighing in daily as well, but it does get discouraging when you hit a plateau and don't see changes for almost 3 months. That's when I had enough and put the scale away. Now on the 1st and 15th for the most part are my weigh in days.
  • DrMan
    DrMan Posts: 86
    Options
    I weight everyday...record on Friday's...I don't let the scale get me discouraged as I know my weight will fluctuate day to day but it does help me stay focused...I push a little harder when I am up a couple and I know that I need to stay focused and the scale will show it sooner or later...The other thing is that I do is try on clothes...I see how tight or loose they are becoming...Just don't get infatuated with the scale...everyone does it a little differently and some people don't even weight but monthly...Me weighing everyday helps me stay focused and remember why I am doing what I am doing...just my 2 cents
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Me too! Except I'm trying to not weigh every day anymore.. but it's not working too well for me though lol

I'm the same "weigh"...hehe ( I had too). Throw away your scale and weigh in at a store where you pay a quater! I used to do that. Now my friend had a scale so I just visit her in the AM on Monday's lol
  • mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    once a week at the most

to be honest, when you start a new diet and toning regiment, i would weight yourself for 30days to avoid the fluctuations you get from water loss, building muscle, etc. A yo-yo scale can scare anyone off.