I think it's some bullsh*t

Options
....That i can eat a small apple & all my sugar is almost used up for the day!...makes it almost impossible to stay under!

Replies

• kerryann9
    kerryann9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I must admit, this does me in as well! But I've decided that as long as i am under my calorie goal, and any extra sugars have come from fruit rather than chocloate, then the benefits outweigh the sugar, IYSWIM
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    well i best stay away from those apples then! or else ill be turning into a human sugar cube!
  • JMYGA
    JMYGA Posts: 26
    Options
    The fiber in any fruits help with the sugar. That's why whole raw fruit is better than juice.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you are not diabetic, don't worry if you go over because of fruit. If you are diabetic, you need to consult with your health care provider.
  • northernbillfan
    Options
    Weight Watchers has stopped counting fruit into the daily counts. Fructose is better for you and the calories are insignificant. You should only be counting glucose as that is the "bad" sugar.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I am the same way. As long as my sugar is from fruit, greek yogurt, etc then I just make sure I am under my calories.
  • NB_Eric
    NB_Eric Posts: 61
    Options
    Keep in mind that all sugars are carbs but not all carbs are sugars :) For example fiber is considered a carb but it doesn't count against your sugars
  • paravision
    Options
    ....That i can eat a small apple & all my sugar is almost used up for the day!...makes it almost impossible to stay under!
    Me too! Dont pay any attention! sugar from natural foods is good for you! Remember 100 cals of chicken breast is way different than 100 cals in a twinky! Dont worry about your clean foods!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    my dietician told me not to worry about sugars from fruits, just keep added sugars to 30-35g per day. im go over on sugar alot because i do eat a lot of fruit normally
  • paravision
    Options
    well i best stay away from those apples then! or else ill be turning into a human sugar cube!
    Wrong wrong wrong HORRIBLE thing to think! Your body needs sugar and if you get it from clean foods then its more than great!
  • paravision
    Options
    Wrong wrong wrong HORRIBLE thing to think! Your body needs sugar and if you get it from clean foods then its more than great!
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am over my sugar every day by a bunch because of all fresh and frozen fruit I eat. I don't worry about it since it is coming from natural sources. I just make sure I am not over that number because of processed sugars.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    Yes I hate that too. Also with bananas too. These are my two favorite fruits. I just ignore it because it's a healthy snack.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options

WOAH, ok.
  • paravision
    Options

WOAH, ok.

lol refer to my comment to the original question ;o)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    MFP's recommendations are less than half of the Diabetic Association's recommended intake. Don't worry too much about it unless you are having insulin or sugar issues!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I changed my sugar limit to 100 grams after reading some posts when I first arrived on scene at MFP. Like many others have suggested, just try to minimize the foods you consume that contain added sugars.
  • Tegan74
    Tegan74 Posts: 202
    Options
    Keep in mind that all sugars are carbs but not all carbs are sugars :) For example fiber is considered a carb but it doesn't count against your sugars

Thats like those god awful riddles on tests: All rens are stempies, not all stempies are rens some are cardnals, some cardnals are rens. Are all rens cardnals?
    REALLY?!?!? That mess is just wrong LOL

ps, dont bother answering cause hell if I know I just made it up as an example :happy:
  • NB_Eric
    Options
    Exactly, you want to minimize any processed sugars but natural sugar in fruit and vegetables are your friend! But like anything in moderation, don't drink 2 liters of apple juice ;) But don't let this site or any other site tell you that you can't have healthy foods in your body.
  • NB_Eric
    Options

Thats like those god awful riddles on tests: All rens are stempies, not all stempies are rens some are cardnals, some cardnals are rens. Are all rens cardnals?
    REALLY?!?!? That mess is just wrong LOL

ps, dont bother answering cause hell if I know I just made it up as an example :happy:

That being said Ren & Stimpy was pretty funny at the time ;)