I think it's some bullsh*t

Options
2»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    ....That i can eat a small apple & all my sugar is almost used up for the day!...makes it almost impossible to stay under!
    Me too! Dont pay any attention! sugar from natural foods is good for you! Remember 100 cals of chicken breast is way different than 100 cals in a twinky! Dont worry about your clean foods!

^^ This. I agree 100%. If its sugars from fruits and veggies and so on, I don't even count them. Unless you are watching your sugars for health reasons (diabetic, maybe you have to watch your carbs etc)....then don't worry about it. The main focus is staying under cals.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I prefer to avoid fruits and just stick to 100 calorie packs of junk food made with splenda, problem solved ;)
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    I must admit, this does me in as well! But I've decided that as long as i am under my calorie goal, and any extra sugars have come from fruit rather than chocloate, then the benefits outweigh the sugar, IYSWIM

I also agree that as long as I'm under my calories it's fine. I know that I go over my sugar almost every day and I'm still dropping pounds, so you should be ok. Also, like other people have said it's ok because it is natural sugar, not a candy bar.
  • subela
    subela Posts: 76
    Options
    I took the sugar setting off my radar. I eat lots of whole foods, fruits/veggies and complex carbs. Best way I know to stay healthy and lose weight. I'm pretty sure Ren & Stimpy would agree.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    well i best stay away from those apples then! or else ill be turning into a human sugar cube!
    Wrong wrong wrong HORRIBLE thing to think! Your body needs sugar and if you get it from clean foods then its more than great!

I took that as a joke.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz said that beans have anti-sugar in them, and to eat 1/4 cup of beans per every 50 grams of sugar to cancel out the sugaration effect.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Then don't eat the apple if you're one of those people who think all sugar is bad for you.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    You should switch to ice cream instead.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I agree, I just have ice cream every night instead.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz said that beans have anti-sugar in them, and to eat 1/4 cup of beans per every 50 grams of sugar to cancel out the sugaration effect.

Great advice! He also said to mix a little hcg in with the beans for optimal effectiveness.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    well i best stay away from those apples then! or else ill be turning into a human sugar cube!
    Wrong wrong wrong HORRIBLE thing to think! Your body needs sugar and if you get it from clean foods then its more than great!

I think your sarcasm meter is broken.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has stopped counting fruit into the daily counts. Fructose is better for you and the calories are insignificant. You should only be counting glucose as that is the "bad" sugar.

I heard that weight watchers was doing this for fear of losing clients who were playing with numbers in order to get fruits in. It was a business move, not because they care anything about healthy vs less-healthy foods.
  • ProudDaddy
    ProudDaddy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try the Five alive fruit puree.. The company that makes it is Via Viente..Its a fruit juice puree that gives you a whole days serving of fruits in 2 tablespoons and its only 15 calories..We and my wife take it..It tastes like eally strong grape juice. Its delicious.
  • danginar
    Options
    You can go in and change your nutrition goals to allow more sugar. When you do that, everything will adjust to accommodate more sugar in your diet. You can also increase your fiber intake goals, which will offset the fructose somewhat.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    that's why I don't track sugar at all
    really all that I look at is that my cals are under and that I get enough protein and fiber
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't watch my sugar intake. I focus on getting enough protein, fiber, and calcium, (fiber and calcium are my 2 extras in my tracking - I'm especially concerned with calcium since I'm still breastfeeding and intend to get pregnant again in the not-so-distant future) and I completely ignore sugar and don't worry too much about carbs or fat. I love fruit and I'm not going to let 'too much sugar' get in the way of me enjoying it. If I had a specific health concern, I'd track sugar, but I don't so I don't. ;)
  • NB_Eric
    NB_Eric Posts: 61
    Options
    Personally I couldn't go a day without my pulp-free orange juice and some kid of vegetable juice...yummy :)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Most people don't count natural sugars towards their total sugar count on here.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    At one point in time I was up to a 6 apple a day habit. I regret none of it.
  • subela
    subela Posts: 76
    Options

Great advice! He also said to mix a little hcg in with the beans for optimal effectiveness.

That sugaration effect gets me every time, gas and bloating. Glad to hear the Wizard of Oz is on top of this!