Curios: Do you weigh yourself naked or with clothes?

Options
1235»

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning with my light jammies on. There are times I'll run to the kitchen naked to weigh myself; don't want to scare my kids. :laugh:

We do this when our kids are still sleeping too.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    Run, shower, weigh-in, nekkid and dripping wet. Is that cheating?

Sounds like you're adding "water weight" with all that dripping. :)
  • eimaj_
    eimaj_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I always weigh naked first thing in the morning. Nothing to do with being at my lightest or anything, it just achieves the most accurate, consistent readings. The scales are always the same or at very least a similar temperature, I'm always in the same fasted state, I've almost always drank the same amount of water and eaten at the same time the night before. If you're doing it later in the day there are so many things that can affect your body weight that you can't realistically expect to achieve a consistently accurate reading of your true body weight/body fat % and muscle mass etc, in my opinion of course :)
  • BunnyDish
    BunnyDish Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Naked
  • HitenL
    HitenL Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Naked first thing in the morning too here.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Underwear. Basically what I sleep in.
  • ashlava71
    ashlava71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Naked right before getting in the shower. I was comparing my scale to the one at my doctor's office one day, so I was fully clothed with my wallet, phone, and keys in my pocket. Added 3.6 pounds.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    nakie after i use the bathroom
  • katsokol5
    katsokol5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    TheGlen wrote: »
    Naked. First thing in the morning on the way into the shower. I've always read it's best to weigh yourself at the same time of day and wearing (or not wearing) the same thing. I know some people say they see a difference even depending on where they set the scale on the floor (I guess how flat it sits, etc). Mine sits in the exact same place, right beside the shower. I weigh myself on Sunday mornings usually (or sometimes other mornings if I'm anxious to see my progress because I'm having a really good week).
    TheGlen wrote: »
    Naked. First thing in the morning on the way into the shower. I've always read it's best to weigh yourself at the same time of day and wearing (or not wearing) the same thing. I know some people say they see a difference even depending on where they set the scale on the floor (I guess how flat it sits, etc). Mine sits in the exact same place, right beside the shower. I weigh myself on Sunday mornings usually (or sometimes other mornings if I'm anxious to see my progress because I'm having a really good week).

Ah great point! I never thought clothes could impact. I always have a bad habit of checking different times of the day. I should probably do once a week on saturday with the sporta bra and shorts. I was doing it with street clothes lol
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself the same as the majority above.

Can I just take a moment to address something though, because it seems that no one else has...
    If you're so frustrated with your weight to the point where you'll throw a scale out the window, resulting in damaging public property, you might want to consider going to talk to someone. Especially because in the heat of the moment you could have potentially hurt or killed someone. The number on a scale is not worth that amount of frustration.
  • itsaboutthattimeagain
    itsaboutthattimeagain Posts: 36 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    First thing in the am, naked, after I use the bathroom, and before I drink any water.
  • dgthom72
    dgthom72 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Agree!! Gotta take advantage!! All naked.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    weigh myself naked?

pfft.... I try to do everything naked.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    BunnyDish wrote: »
    Naked

Me too.
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    First thing in the morning...*blushes* Naked as can be
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Actually had a similar scenario this week!! Yesterday I bought a scale, weighed myself with clothes on and was 6 lbs different from when I weighed myself today naked. So basically I am never doing that again :)
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Usually in a light nightgown