Runners' Team Challenge * X Miles in November *

Options

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Still no running for me... my foot still isnt 100% and if i walk on it too much it starts hurting again!!! So ive missed over a week of running now!!! =(

I am so sorry, can you do elliptical workouts? I try to do that while injured ): so sorry - healing >>>>>>>> vibes <<<<<<<<<
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    4 miles late in the day- that makes 76 for the month :)
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is kicking it up one notch this week, YAY!

Here is my ticker, I have increased my milage since my heel is recovered, still trying to go easy...:tongue:

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Mid Week Spreadsheet - so far we gained 329 miles for this week only - AND with 3 more days to go! GREAT job everyone :flowerforyou: , and healing vibes for speedy recovery to the people with injuries.

[last green column is change this week]

2011-Nov-Check.PNG[/url]
    2011-Nov-Legend.PNG[/url]
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Did my own little 5 mile turkey trot around my neighborhood this morning....26 for the month....we'll see how my half marathon goes on Saturday....Happy Thanksgiving everyone, have a great day!
  • BikerCat13
    BikerCat13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can I join for Dec? How does this work?
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    10 this morning,

53 total
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Can I join for Dec? How does this work?

It is easy! :smile:

You join by posting your stats (i.e., miles to date and goal for the month) and we like to hear what you'v done because updates inspires us! :flowerforyou:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I posted this in the main forum, and since this is a running group I wanted to post it in this thread as well.

Check this out, the article is somewhat old, but this women started running in her fifties (53) and became world class in her age group. Check out her body too! She looks fabulous - six pack and all :smile:

PS. I am in my late forties so I was super excited that starting to run is not too late. :happy:

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=7577&PageNum=&CategoryID=

Some tidbits about her:
    * She runs every day.
    * She does not lift weight.
    * She does do speed work.
    * She does not do core work.
    * She must have her coffee. :drinker:
    * She doesn't sweat (I sweat little, until after I am done - very weird)
    * Her husband is her running partner. :heart:

http://www.women-running-together.com/marie-louisemichelsohn.html
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So sorry! I'm horrible at posting AND I don't know how well I'll do this month. Looks like I have plantar faciitis. I'm so so upset!!!

Nov 16- 4 miles
    Nov 17- 4 miles
    Nov 18- 7 miles
    Nov 21- 3 miles
    Nov 22- 3 miles

Total: 57 miles
  • Cooriander
    Options
    So sorry! I'm horrible at posting AND I don't know how well I'll do this month. Looks like I have plantar faciitis. I'm so so upset!!!

Nov 16- 4 miles
    Nov 17- 4 miles
    Nov 18- 7 miles
    Nov 21- 3 miles
    Nov 22- 3 miles

Total: 57 miles

Don't worry about posting! looks like you are progressing despite you injury. I am so sorry about your plantar facilities, maybe take a few days of rest to recover?

Take care, M.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Put another 4 miles on the board from yesterdays turkey trot...really behind on miles this month :(

exercise.png
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This week: 27 + 73 = 100, yeah reached it!
  • Cooriander
    Options

WOW! 100 miles! that is GREAT!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    i have 7.5 miles for yesterday - i will update ticker later because i have it saved on my work computer not at home
  • manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    Done 5.6 miles on the treadmill today, I'd much rather be outdoors but it's been so windy here over the last few days and no sign of it easing soon

exercise.png
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Completed the Schaumburg Half Marathon Turkey Trot in 1 hour 54 minutes....PR'd by about 7 mins. 45 secs. Was able to get under 2 hours for the first time and more importantly there was no pain in my shin! Ended November with 39 miles since this will be my final run of the month...but starting in the first full week of December I'll start the long, slow distance training for my first 50 miler in May!!! I'll keep an eye out for the December thread...Good luck everyone with the rest of the month...
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Got another run in today 100 + 7 = 107.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Completed the Schaumburg Half Marathon Turkey Trot in 1 hour 54 minutes....PR'd by about 7 mins. 45 secs. Was able to get under 2 hours for the first time and more importantly there was no pain in my shin! Ended November with 39 miles since this will be my final run of the month...but starting in the first full week of December I'll start the long, slow distance training for my first 50 miler in May!!! I'll keep an eye out for the December thread...Good luck everyone with the rest of the month...

OH my! that is wonderful! especially with no shin pain! Congratulations, a great accomplishment! wow on going for a fifty miler!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Here is the spread sheet for check point for week 4! Congrats to all and to the folks that are DONE!!! YAY!!! [white background & red numbers in the %left column]!:

Carlton_Banks
    kath711
    sfessett!

Great job! and ALL lets keep up the hard work and finish strong!!!!

2011-Nov-Check.PNG[/url]
    2011-Nov-Legend.PNG[/url]