Valentine's Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    I would LOVE to join!!!!!! I decided to change my life today. I saw a picture of myself from halloween and i wanted to cry. I have never really realized how much i let myself go. I have gotten ridiculously fat and i need to change. I need to change for myself, my son, my hubby, for my health and a million other reasons. I want to show the outside world how i feel on the inside. I have never been "skinny" and have always have had an issue with my self esteem but that going to change starting today...

I am 5'3'' and am 21 years old. I have a son turning 2 on nov 23rd and i have been married to the most amazing man in the world for almost 4 years. I currently weigh 190 lbs and i would like to be 160lbs my V-day(i would be thrilled if it was even less lol!)

I am excited to share this journey with you all and hope we can be here to support eachother though this!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My name is Lally, I live in Switzerland. I am a stay at home Mum at the moment to my four daughters. A bubbly 4 year old and triplet 3 year olds. I like this website because my buddies (and the food and exercise tracker) help hold me accoutable for my bad choices.
    SW:249.7
    GW for 14/02/12 is 230lbs
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Would love some encouragement!!!

I'm Deb, 36 years old, married for 10 years on 11/23. Working mother of 2 beautiful children (5 yr old boy and 18 month old girl).
    I work as a middle school counselor and love what I do and I'm also a licensed therapist. I have an EXTREMELY stressful extended family situation with my parents being my childcare, my mom believing the world is out to get her and that includes her own 2 daughters, having dealt with the estrangement of my sister and my mom and trying to heal that years ago and now my own mother is not speaking to me. I do admit I said some not so nice things but some of what was said to me by my own mother was even worse.....and I'm not stress eating!!!! We also lost my husband's father this year and have had to explain death far too much in the past 2 years to my son. I have a fabulous husband who is very supportive of my efforts but then complains he needs to lose weight and doesn't do anything about it. So I'm a little crazy but that's what makes me fun. Help me reach my goals!!!

Height: 5'4"
    CW: 180
    GW by Valentine's Day: 165

Trying to figure out the best balance of food/exercise/calories and it's definitely a work in progress.
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello all:) my name is Genene, I am currently 162 lbs and by valentines day I would like to be 130 lbs! Would love love to be part of this group .
  • genene111
    Options
    Oh ya a bit about myself ... I am 27 years old, I am trying to build my life into a happy and healthy one and break my emotional eating habit by surrounding myself with positive motivational people. I have been on mfp for 36 days and have noticed I great change in myself, I finally feel like I'm gaining some control:) and some confidence... Look out world:)
    I day at a time:)
    Whatelse hmmm oh I love zumba and hot yoga and I just learned to scuba dive which is pretty fantastic!:)
    All for now, over and out
    -gigi
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see so many people join in on this group! Just checking to see if everyone met the Mini Challenges of 100 oz of water and 30 min of cardio. I did, 100+ oz water and 1 hour of cardio at Planet Fitness, now off to bed with me, I have to haul a load to Matulsa, VA tomorrow and it is going to be a long drive, good night my V-Day Challengers and Dear Friends! I will post a mini challenge in the morning before work (at least I will try). By the way if you have not friended me, feel free to do so at anytime, I tried to request everyone, but things have been hectic. Nighty nighty my loves! <3
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I did 100oz of water at least, and 90 min of cardio today :)
  • Cysso
    Cysso Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Samantha and I've just started MFP a little less than a week ago. My goal is to have lost 14 lbs by Feb 14. I'm 5'4" and 200 lbs. My journey re-started when I had my daughter in January 2011. When I was pregnant I gained over 50 lbs and flatlined at about 200 lbs after she was born. I've been fluctuating my weight since then, but now I'm trying to get healthier!
  • gingerOHsnap
    Options
    I did 40 minutes of cardio, and so far only 80 oz of water but the night's not over! :]
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I did 30ds which is 20 mins but then went swimming so I think that means I hit my 30 although teh swimming was leisurely, well as leisurely as it get with 3x3 year olds and a grumpy 4 year od. Today its 30ds again and a walk so definately my 30 again. water not a problem, since I gave up the diet coke I don't drink anything else.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ooh i'd love to join this :) My boyfriend and I will be celebrating two years together a few weeks after Valentines Day so i want to be in the best shape possible!

My names Ally and i am 20 years old. Although i'm not planning on losing any weight i am in maintenance mode and by feb next year i hope to become toned and fit.
  • genene111
    Options
    Hey all !!! I drank all my water yesterday but alas no cardio:( but today vday challengers is a new day:) I have zumba and hot yoga scheduled so I'm all ready to burn baby burn:)! Hope everyones day is great and we all make good choices:)!
    I shall check back later to see the challenge for today:)!
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm Terez, 5'3 and 183.1 (today) By Valentine's Day I would love to be 150! Have some mini-goals Thanksgiving and Christmas and this goes along with those! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    hello all of my valentines day challengers! I'm going to be on the road all day but I just wanted to put up the mini challenge for the day. Drink 100 ounces of water, 30 min of cardio, and 15 min of strength training. Oh and lets see who can stay away from that pesky halloween candy. Sorry about the challenges being posted late, my phone doesn't get good reception in some states. I hope everyone of doing well! Oh and no one is forced to weigh on in this group, feel free if you every want to post your weight before valentines day, but nobody needs to weigh on until valentines day. I sign in every day, some may won in once a week others dio it once a month, so whenever you want, and we are here to sipport you. Dio let me know howe you are doing!

Ps don't mind spelling please my phone is being a pain in my but today and wants to try to spell on it's own and won't let n me correct out
  • lisakatelaunspach
    Options
    I'm in !! I'm lisa I'm 28 and mother 2 a 7yr old little girl. I'm about 127 and would like to get back 2 110 or less ! I will not have another fat birthday !
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is exciting! My name is Jakki and I'm a 21 year old college student! I currently weigh 230.3 lbs (as of today I'm down 9.7 lbs). My first goal is to be under 200 lbs and I want to make this my goal by Valentines day! This is a big goal and I will be happy to just get close to it! Currently (for 3 weeks straight) I have lost 3lbs by following the guidelines set by MFP. I do eat my exercise cals for the most part. If this holds up, which I'm sure it won't all the way until V-day, I will have no problem being under 200 by then.

Goal: under 200 by 2/14!

I like to make a lot of goals. I make weekly goals (-3lbs), monthly goals(-10-12 lbs), and this will be the first time I have put a date to my 1st Major goal. I believe I am too far away to put an exact final goal out there!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I`ll join in :)

I`m 31 yo mom of two girls age 6 and 4. Currently on week 7 day 2 of the c25k program and my last weight was 177 though I have removed the scale from my home until the 15th of this month just to see how I do without weighing in every morning.

I would like to be at my goal weight on or before valentines day and that is 150pounds :)
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to join a Valentine's Challenge!! Hope I am not too late to join..

My name is Ketty. For the past few years I have struggle with my weight...It has gone up and down, down and up, but never been consistent...Depression, stress has taken the best of me...At this point in my life I am so ready to change...Since I joined MFP I have been doing great!and will like to continue doing great. The stories on this site have inspired me so much and one day I will love to inspire others as well.

My CW is 194.6
    My GW is to be 180 by FEB 14th!
  • genene111
    Options
    Great group so far! Thank you do much got organizing this:)!!! So far today I accomplished every single goal that you laid out:)! And now I'm pooped;)
    Night all see you tomorrow
    :) g
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Options
    Okay loves, lets shoot for 100oz of water, 30 min of cardio, 50 crunches, 30 squats, and a day of being positive and loving yourself. I an all about the physical transformation but I want to see some more self esteem and confidence. Look in the mirror and say "i love me, big or small I will always love me, I am doing this because I want to be healthier" try it, I do it every say after I weigh in and it helps me stay positive, even if I didn't lose any weight. I love you guys, hope you all have a great day and remember, you are all beautiful and remember to support each other! <3 xoxo's