NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the Day- Oct 31st

Options
arikag
arikag Posts: 94 Member
Happy Halloween!

Share with us your NSV of the day (or what happened over the weekend if you'd like) :)

I think resisting the temptation of halloween candy counts as like 5 NSVs!

Mine for today:

The new smaller pants I bought last month to accommodate my weight loss are TOTALLY too big!

I went on a 16.6 mile bike ride yesterday- a personal best for me as an adult

What's yours?

Replies

• peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Frida I actually jogged.......yes jogged......not fast mind u but for a full 15 minutes without stopping and I think I could have done 20 if I would have pushed myself a bit harder! I was so proud that I actually cried when i was done! I had always told people.......oh Im just not a runner I just can't do it! Well guess what................I CAN DO IT!
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I looked at hockey jerseys this weekend (known to be large and loose fitting. The clerk told me they had one I was looking for, but it was only in XXL, as though that would be too big for me.
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was walking around work yesterday having to hike up my pants, which two weeks ago were just a little too tight. Time for a belt is my NSV. :D
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    my grandparents had come to visit and left this morning, when we were hugging goodbye my grandfather said "good luck with everything! You look GREAT and I can already see your beautiful hourglass shape is back. You're such a beautiful young woman, i'm so glad you're my granddaughter"

what more could you ask for? :)
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV's guys!

Today after a gruelling session of Insanity, I absent-mindedly put my hands on my thighs and could actually feel that they were shapelier. That made the workout all the more worthwhile. :)
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I went to Express today to try on a dress I saw online. I used to be a 12 in their dresses -- the 10 was far too big (the 6 too tight to be flattering, but it FIT!)

The best part: the dress I decided to buy, I had to get in a SMALL. OMG! My avi is a pic of the dress.

I still have a ways to go, but this definitely makes me want to stay on track. There's no way I'm going to gain back the weight and not be able to wear these cute clothes. I'm actually excited to weigh in tomorrow, even with pizza and Milky Way minis for dinner tonight. :)
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    just got back from the gym, i usually do 22min on the elip machine but today i pushed myself and did 25min without stoping., i remember the days when i could barely do 5min.
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Yay! These are such great NSVs :)

I was at Costco yesterday and when the checkout lady gave me my card back she said I looked like I'd lost weight from when the picture on my membership card was taken. None of my friends have said anything about my weight loss, so this comment just made me feel so great!
  • Lylora
    Lylora Posts: 21
    Options
    It's amazing how the people you don't know can sometimes be the most supportive...mine is that I wasn't upset at myself when I looked in the bathroom mirror this morning!
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I fit into little short shots and a tube top... and looked great fo halloween!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I shared this on my home page last night. We had a weekend jam-packed with activities. I made it through all of them without eating anything I shouldn't have eaten. I was surrounded by pizza, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, cotton candy, Italian ice, hot dogs with all the fixings, popcorn, hot chocolate, cupcakes, dinner rolls, baked ziti and chicken parmigiana. I did eat the chicken out of the chicken parmigiana but I scraped everything off and was left with a tender piece of meat. That was the only thing on this list I ate.

Yesterday, I went shopping and pulled clothes off the rack that were the next size down. It felt great knowing I hadn't sabotaged my goals, and that I'm just a few pounds away from that smaller size. That motivated me once again. It was a great feeling!
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    As I was stretching before my run this morning, I realized that when I started I could just touch my chins partly because of my lack of flexibility and partly because my stomach was in the way. Today I easily put my palms on the ground and my head to my knees! Not too bad for a 51 year old grandpa.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    After a weekend of drinking alcohol and eating like crap, I lost a pound this morning!
    AND played an entire game of basketball tonight
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I pushed the time on the elliptical from 7 minutes to 10 and even though I struggled a bit I made it. And the hubby and I managed to get a half hour bike ride in, and at a good speed since it started to rain on the way home:laugh:
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It was easier for me to keep up with all the little ones running up and down the streets oh and a shirt that I had put on fit better!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I walked 2 miles on the treadmill today and it only took me 40 minutes compared to 1 mile in 30 minutes.

Very proud of myself and tomorrow's goal is 2.5 miles in 40 minutes.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    One more....I work at a hospital and my Mother in Law was a patient here for a couple days. I went to visit her today before she got to go home and while in there her CNA came in and he said that he didnt know that I worked here (I had my badge on that has my pic on it) . he says to me "OH Honey! You need a new picture on your badge because that girl looks nothing like you!" I just wanted to hug him!!!!!! I do need a new badge but I am waiting a little longer before I retake my picture.
  • Emberlure
    Emberlure Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I managed to avoid the HUGE assortment of yummies and candies at our company potluck today. It was SO hard. Thanks to my MFP friends, I made it through. :D
  • Frida I actually jogged.......yes jogged......not fast mind u but for a full 15 minutes without stopping and I think I could have done 20 if I would have pushed myself a bit harder! I was so proud that I actually cried when i was done! I had always told people.......oh Im just not a runner I just can't do it! Well guess what................I CAN DO IT!

That brought tears to my eyes...it's one of my gals and the longest I have done is 5 minutes...congratulations!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    went through my closet and found a bunch of pants way back at the back that I'd stashed away waiting for the day to fit into them again. So I tried them on and they fit. Yeah they may be a 14 but seeing that 6 weeks ago my 18's were getting snug. I wore them to work and I had several associates tell me that I was looking really good wanting to know how much I'd lost and wishing they had my motivation and dedication! I was so happy. One girl told me that it looks like I've lost way more then 21 pounds at that point.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!