breakfast cereal

Options
2»

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats. Forget the processed crap in a box!

Why forget it? If you enjoy it, and account for the calories, why not have it?

One man's crap is another man's staple!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Porridge, Weetbix/Vitabrits and Oat Brits are my low sugar cereal staples. Plain Rice Bubbles/Rice Puffs aren't too bad on sugar either. Most other cereals seem to be loaded with sugar (including Cheerios, sigh).
  • ashaaleigh94
    Options
    Free and Lo Monster Muesli! with a soy milk and banana.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you can get this where you are (or anywhere outside of Australia), but I have this most mornings, is it called Protein 1st (by Goodness Superfoods). I find it is a great high protein, high fibre, and relatively low carb cereal. Doesn't tast too bad either! I have mine with some seeds and fruit most mornings, great for after a workout.

If you want to have a look at the website to see where it might be available: goodnesssuperfoods.com.au

and no, they are not paying me, I'm just happy to have found a cereal that fits with what I wanted nutritionally in the morning.
  • revnica
    Options
    post bran flakes are yummy!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    While I do eat a lot of oatmeal, I'd have to say Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs take my #1 spot.

But, if you need to track sugar I'd not recommend them.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My favorite cereal is Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Plus Granola. It is not too sweet. I swear it must have something addictive in it. Yum!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    oats for sure!

Do you get vitabrits? They aren't overly sugary.

All the other ones I see, I use to up my carb/cal intake to put on weight. I don't know how anyone could call one serving of captain crunch with skim milk a "meal". Fills me up for about 3minutes :tongue:
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Captain Crunch... Just kidding. My favorite is Oatmeal or Kashi
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    \. I don't know how anyone could call one serving of captain crunch with skim milk a "meal". Fills me up for about 3minutes :tongue:

^ That. I stay away from kids cereal on a cut now, not because I think it's bad, but because I have harder time fitting 4 servings into my macros.
  • FlexAppeal79
    FlexAppeal79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares...Just 3 grams of sugar for 3/4 cup :happy:
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Having had to follow a diabetic diet while pregnant (up to 8 weeks ago) I had to go for completely sugar free breakfasts and the only options that worked were oatibix or weetabix. I prefer oatibix, and it's what our other daughter eats as it's better for her skin so it's in the house and easy!

Anyway, it tastes BLAND by itself so I always add something - a chopped banana if I can afford the calories and/or a sprinke of cinnamon makes it much better! Cinnamon tastes good but is also apparently good for regulating use of blood sugar.

For my daughter we add some sugar free jam, she laps it up and it's still low cal so I'll be trying it myself too! She also loves it with a few blueberries.
    I find on days I eat anything else for breakfast I'm struggling to have calories for dinner, whereas when I eat oatibix I can afford snacks before bedtime and even an extra meal!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i love alpen original