What to serve with Spaghettie

Options
2»

Replies

• Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    LMAO! Garlic bread w/ butter..wine and maybe cake or pie/ice cream.

I love spaghetti! But if i eat a plate full of pasta there is no low carbing it..it's pasta!
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Try spaghetti squash instead of pasta and some steamed green beans and with the calories and carbs you are saving you might can eat a piece of low carb bread.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Could you not just have meat on the side? I hear chicken, beef, pork, and turket cutlets are low carb.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I usually serve garlic bread and a big fat ol' dry aged rib eye, baked garlic and parsley sweet potato fries and bacon wrapped asparagus. Then I just toss the spaghetti and garlic bread out the window.

Hi, You can come sit over here by me now. *pats couch* :heart:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad. Fruit salad is the answer to everything.

I thought that was 42.

Um...everything food related....

so... 42 is life the univers and everything. and fruit salad - lightly tossed - is the answer to everything food related? do i have that right?
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I know, bread's not good.....ha

Will it kill you or make you insta-fat or something?

Neither, but she was probably asking for healthier options. I like my bread! And even better, cheese bread with a little garlic. ha Behave you! :)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I know, bread's not good.....ha

Will it kill you or make you insta-fat or something?

Neither, but she was probably asking for healthier options. I like my bread! And even better, cheese bread with a little garlic. ha Behave you! :)

I prefer garlic bread with a little cheese
  • AlyssaLynette
    AlyssaLynette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, lots of carbs in spaghetti... That's why I was trying to balance with something w/out carbs. I am loving all the ideas! I don't eat pasta everyday, lol! I just like it for a "treat" occasionally (I am Italian, after all). I may try out the spaghetti squash, though...
  • AlyssaLynette
    Options
    Can you get the spaghetti squash most seasons?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've seen spaghetti squash in the store pretty much year round but it does get more expensive out of season of course.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad. Fruit salad is the answer to everything.

I thought that was 42.

Um...everything food related....

so... 42 is life the univers and everything. and fruit salad - lightly tossed - is the answer to everything food related? do i have that right?

So would a fruit salad made with 42 different fruits be the ultimate answer for everything?
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    you can get spaghetti squash now!! i bought some at the local farmers market 2 weeks ago here on the east coast. i'm gonna make that baked cheesey one i posted about, mmmm SOOOOOOOOOOO flippin good.

spaghetti squash is delicious! trhat was my first time trying and its DEFINITELY good. if you want you could toss a lil pasta in it with the spaghetti squash so you can curb that craving!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    How about just the spaghetti? You have your meat, starch, tomatoes, etc. You could have a piece of fruit for dessert.

I agree. Play up the meat in the spaghetti and finish off with a lite Italian ice or some fruit salad garnished with coconut and a drizzle of honey.

I never cared for veggies alongside spaghetti. They always seemed so bland. But, you can puree them into the sauce.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    The OP was probably referring to other low carb options other than salad.

Anyway, I like salad as a side with spaghetti, maybe a different type of salad than your use to. Personally I'm all over the roasted garlic butter and grilled rosemary focaccia, and a pint of red wine.
  • AlyssaLynette
    Options
    Wow, so many great responses! You all gave me so many great ideas. I finally decided to use the spaghetti squash... thouroghly enjoyed that! It was delicious with the spaghetti sauce over it. I made the sauce with onions, mushrooms, finely chopped zucchini and lean ground beef. I am quite proud of myself for cutting out so many carbs and getting so many vegetables in me! I made regular pasta for my son and hubby. My son got done with his "regular spaghetti" and decided to taste mine. He liked it a lot... the hubby, not so much... lol!