add me if you are on herbalife!

Options

Replies

• kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people fall for this crap.
    i never thought i would be doing something like this. A friend of mine had on the herbalife button "lose weight now, ask me how", so we talked and turns out she did herbalife and lost about the same amount of weight I have been trying to lose. We talked and I decided to give it a go. Part of me thinks the whole thing is a hoax. Cause once you lose the weight with two shakes a day you are supposed to stay on one shake a day for LIFE! And still buy their supplemements. As I am typing this I am seeing how silly the whole thing is. But SIGH, its working. I am tempted to stay on it another 10 pounds and then switch to healthy real foods for maintenance.

Anorexia worked really well for me. Just because something works doesn't mean you should do it. I got treatment and I count calories, and I lose weight.

Put down the shake. Stop making the rich man richer, and go eat some roasted veggies.

holy eff roasted veggies sound so delicious right about now
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    i never thought i would be doing something like this. A friend of mine had on the herbalife button "lose weight now, ask me how", so we talked and turns out she did herbalife and lost about the same amount of weight I have been trying to lose. We talked and I decided to give it a go. Part of me thinks the whole thing is a hoax. Cause once you lose the weight with two shakes a day you are supposed to stay on one shake a day for LIFE! And still buy their supplemements. As I am typing this I am seeing how silly the whole thing is. But SIGH, its working. I am tempted to stay on it another 10 pounds and then switch to healthy real foods for maintenance.

That part of you that says it a hoax is right. If you're not eating you lose weight. If you are eating less than you need you maintain weight, you lose weight. This can be done by eating real food.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Anorexia worked really well for me. Just because something works doesn't mean you should do it. I got treatment and I count calories, and I lose weight.

Put down the shake. Stop making the rich man richer, and go eat some roasted veggies.

holy eff roasted veggies sound so delicious right about now

They're so good for you. Tastier than the shakes, more filling, and you can chew them. Go on. Eat some roasted veggies.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Trap. Trap. Trap. This means they make $$$ for life..

Come join us in our real food world! I promise you will continue to lose weight.. As long as you have a calorie deficit, you'll be fine. Make your own shakes and they will be healthier and probably cheaper!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    26efbc92-1b6b-4f55-ad5d-76abd6f8d711.jpg
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    sigh. but its working

So does starvation, enemas and tape worms but I'm not using any of those either...

You can lose weight and still eat food. There is no such thing as a quick fix that doesn't break five minutes down the road...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Keep buying their stuff for life? Does that not set alarm bells ringing that it is only a gimmick to make somebody else richer?

Join us in the world of eating right. I can guarantee you; it's a lot more fun, cheaper and better for you. :smile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    If everyone had perfect knowledge about these things, sites like these wouldn't exist right? It's a PROCESS people. To ultimately come to the right plan for ourselves, one has to try different things. Some more correct than others.

Seems like the OP knows that this isn't sustainable and is probably scared to go off and gain it back. But if she cleans up the diet, I bet she can maintain her losses with real food. How about asking her what she eats and sugges some alternatives to the shakes?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    sigh. but its working

Stick to eating around 1300 cals per day of normal food and I promise you will see at least the same results and probably feel a lot better doing it.

Either way good luck!
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Wow.. is it just me or is that OP one extremely beautiful woman?
  • smalloneday
    smalloneday Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you know i was not going to reply to this but it is people like you who really make these sites crap. I am on herbalife and love it also. I do better with shacks and eatting 4 healthy snacks and 1 reg meal with my family, yes i agree it can be price but you dont have to get everything. To me everyone of you who have replyed have just been rude, if you have something that is working for you then thats great but don't be so negative to what others are doing if she feels its working then it is. everyone has their way of losing and counting calories alone is not good enough for everyone. this is not the only topic that I have seen people be rude instead of helping people out. if you don't have anything helpful to say then just don't say anything at all. I will be sending you a email to try and help you along and no I do not sell herbalife I have found something that works and have done lots of research on it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    you know i was not going to reply to this but it is people like you who really make these sites crap. I am on herbalife and love it also. I do better with shacks and eatting 4 healthy snacks and 1 reg meal with my family, yes i agree it can be price but you dont have to get everything. To me everyone of you who have replyed have just been rude, if you have something that is working for you then thats great but don't be so negative to what others are doing if she feels its working then it is. everyone has their way of losing and counting calories alone is not good enough for everyone. this is not the only topic that I have seen people be rude instead of helping people out. if you don't have anything helpful to say then just don't say anything at all. I will be sending you a email to try and help you along and no I do not sell herbalife I have found something that works and have done lots of research on it.

Here's the thing. It's not working for her. She said she was very hungry during the day. There's no reason to be hungry all the time just because it's part of a weight loss plan when you can easily do something differently. This site is not "crap" for advocating a way of losing weight that doesn't include any expensive gimmicks.

No one on this thread has been rude or refused to help her out. In fact, we are helping by suggesting a new plan that doesn't make her miserable. Just because Herbalife works for you does not mean we have to support it here, especially when it's making someone unhappy.
  • wlccoach
    Options
    Hi there! Herbalife shakes do work. If you are hungry, try adding fruit....bananas, blueberries to your shake. The shakes give you about 1500 calories worth of nutrition for about 200 calories. Still very good for you. Decide on your own what is best for you though. Don't let anyone decide what is best for you.
  • killagb
    Options
    Hi there! Herbalife shakes do work. If you are hungry, try adding fruit....bananas, blueberries to your shake. The shakes give you about 1500 calories worth of nutrition for about 200 calories. Still very good for you. Decide on your own what is best for you though. Don't let anyone decide what is best for you.
    And especially don't let BS marketing statements such as "1500 calories worth of nutrition for about 200 calories" influence you either.
  • killagb
    Options
    Get over it.
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    I am one week in and struggling. I miss real food!!!

I'm using Herbalife myself but I'm using it as a suplement and not a replacement.

Here's my deal. I don't have time to make healthy meals and opening a can of soup or heating up a frozen dinner certainly isn't as helathy as they let on. When I'm at work I heat up some Quaker Oats, add flax, nuts and 2 scoops of Herbalife. I have a small snack during the morning I then have the lunch I brought from home or I make a shake if I didn't take the time to prepare something.

On occaasion I'll drop by a Herbalife store if I need a quick healthy meal or snack. I still get my caoric intake everyday but Herbalife helps to make sure they are healthy fat free low sodium calories. Plus they halp to satisy my sweat tooth.

Bottom line is find what works for you or find something close then modify it to fit your and your lifestyle.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options

I'm with you also. I love the shake but I use them as a "snack/tool" to aid in my weight loss. I am down 60+ pounds and I love life right now. I also work out and count my calories and the shake I do for breakfast or mid morning snack run me around 90 calories so to me it is better than grabbing a bag of chips or even a 100 calorie snack pack. I like it. It works for me and if I work hard for my money and this is how I choose to spend it then that is what I am gonna go. Some of the replies are rude and they have what works for them and the same thing may not work for me and vice versa butI am happy with what I have been doing and what I have accompished so I'm conna keep on going strong with Herbalife! Oh I also 'live' on a 1600-1700 calories a day so I have plenty of room for "real food" and I get to enjoy my shakes!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I tried Herbalife and actually I think it really helps lots of people - it's convenient and the nutrional side seems better than most. I did try it myself but it wasn't really my thing. I like to cook and have lots of time (as opposed to money) so making real meals was the better option for me, especially as I really disliked the texture and taste of the products. I found myslef putting in so much other stuff that they were really high calorie! But I'd use it again - perhaps for a week or two after overindulging, or if travelling, as just another thing to help me manage my weightloss
  • mo123321
    mo123321 Posts: 1
    Options
    I do Heralife and love it down 14 pounds in one month
  • yhateme1
    yhateme1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love to chew.... I really do. But I swear by the herbalife shakes. I started out only drinking the shake for breakfast because i dont have enought time to really fix something. I put a chuck of a banana and frozen strawberries in my formula F1 with the protein powder... IT works for me... I'm not trying to say its the only thing that works because there are a 100 options ...which I tried ..and this one works...for me... thats it thats all