If I ate a whole pie would I gain? Serious Question!

Options
RNMDFF
RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
Bad mood today, Just want to eat an entire chocolate pie! :)

I won't! (hopefully) I wont buy it because I might just eat the whole thing

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Is it worth the risk?
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Really? Why would you even WANT to do that???
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Eat one piece and then hit someone in the face with the rest of it.

Tell them you got the rules between April Fool's and Halloween confused.

You're welcome
  • BeSkinnyBeStrong
    Options
    You would have to eat an excess of 3500 calories to gain 1 pound.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    And the reason you wouldn't be able to buy the pie, cut one slice out, and share the rest with another family is????
  • redrustdobe
    Options
    Buy the small 1 slice portion and enjoy EVERY bite!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Depends!

Is it a single-serving pie of something like 4" diameter like a chicken pot pie or is it a 12" gargantuan pie like the pumpkin pies Costco sells... if its a huge one meant for 12 servings or something at 250 calories plus... that's more than my daily goal for 8 of those 12 servings. Plus I'd not be able to eat anything else so.... not for me. I'd be gaining for sure.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You would probably feel really gross after. I would get the pie, eat a slice and either share the rest or throw it away immediately.
  • xoAmyxo
    xoAmyxo Posts: 110
    Options
    Dont eat the pie..or eat a slice or two.. that's not good for you..even if you didn't gain weight!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Find out how many calories are in the pie and compare it to your deficit over the other 6 days in the week. This should answer your question.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Okay.

First rule of gluttony-- if you take the time to analyze it, you're doing it wrong.

And don't consult the people on the fitness/weight loss forums-- chances are you're gonna get negative feedback.

If you want to indulge, have a slice or two and share with a neighbor or family member.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I understand having a craving like that, but doesn't one or two peices do the trick?

Why do you WANT to eat the whole thing?

It honestly doesn't seem like a serious question. If you were really serious about weight loss, it's these types of thoughts that you should look at changing.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    How big is the pie? Can you have a piece today, tomorrow and the next day and fit it into your calories - yummm treat every day!
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out. But why??? You'll feel sluggish, bloated, and probably pretty gross afterwards. Not worth it.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the number of calories you ate all week. I'm pretty sure that a chocolate cream pie would contain close to 3500 calories and that equals a pound. It would probably negate all of your calorie restriction for the week.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Eat the whole thing. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am just in a crappy mood and don't just want to have a slice
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Probably would be better to inhale the whole thing at one sitting vs eating one piece a day. IMHO only. I don't think your body would even process all of it?
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Okay.

First rule of gluttony-- if you take the time to analyze it, you're doing it wrong.

I love you
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am just in a crappy mood and don't just want to have a slice

Go for a walk. You'll feel better, and then have your slice or two of pie.
    Hell, have three!

But if the pie is the size I'm thinking, you're just gonna be miserable and mad at yourself if you eat the whole thing.