If I ate a whole pie would I gain? Serious Question!

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm not above eating a whole pie if I were to want one, but you have to be totally serious with your self - is it worth it? Can you really burn it off this week? Do you think you can eat a whole pie and feel good about yourself after? Do you really want to poop a whole chocolate pie (which oftentimes contains raw eggs)?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I checked and it would roughly be 3000, so it seems you are good to go. Enjoy that pie! (and gluttony and toilet after)....
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I understand having a craving like that, but doesn't one or two peices do the trick?

Why do you WANT to eat the whole thing?

It honestly doesn't seem like a serious question. If you were really serious about weight loss, it's these types of thoughts that you should look at changing.

I've lost over 100lbs, I am serious about this!
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Why can't you just each a serving? If you decide to eat the whole thing...spend some serious time in the gym.
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am so hungry reading this posting
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am so hungry reading this posting
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO EAT A WHOLE PIE? You'll regret it later! have a nice piece but not the whole thing!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Okay.

First rule of gluttony-- if you take the time to analyze it, you're doing it wrong.

I love you

This is my area of expertise!
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i once ate a whole back of 12 krispy kremes. I then vomitied. Not good
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am craving chocolate cream pie and at the store they were on sale. Just torturing me!!!! Anyway I really want to buy one and eat the whole thing. I could easily eat it in one sitting, wouldn't take me very long.
    I am just curious to see what you think. If I were good all week long and on way day ate an entire pie if I would gain weight.

Has anybody ever done anything like this?

Here is the answer from your profile.
    I have always been over weight. I've lost weight in the past a gained it all back. This time will be different!!! I want to keep it off. I didn't realize how my weight effected me. I feel so different now. I'm happier, outgoing, less depressed. I want to keep this feeling. I took off the fat suit and I am never putting it back on!

So if you can eat just one portion as a treat go for it, if not it may lead you back down a road you fought hard to travel.
    the discussion my friend is yours, good luck, i fight the same demon all the time.
  • weezella
    weezella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It looks like you have lost 114lbs....did you do that by eating entire pies?? LOL Don't eat it!!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I am craving chocolate cream pie and at the store they were on sale. Just torturing me!!!! Anyway I really want to buy one and eat the whole thing. I could easily eat it in one sitting, wouldn't take me very long.
    I am just curious to see what you think. If I were good all week long and on way day ate an entire pie if I would gain weight.

Has anybody ever done anything like this?

You have lost 114 lbs. I'm SURE YOU know the answer. BTW, you lost ALL of that weight and you did not change your eating habits, clearly, you were/are on a diet. Maybe you should focus on making a LIFESTYLE Change as you lose weight. I'm not saying that you won't crave pie and other stuff...BUT for SURE you won't even Consider eating a whole pie.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna do it anyway, why ask?

I think you're in a bad mood for some reason, and instead of taking routes to help yourself feel better-- walk, talk to a friend, go kick a puppy-- you're going to purposely sabotage yourself.

On sale or not, that pie is gonna cost you some self-respect afterward.

I say this with love, as a fellow glutton.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    Many pies are around 500 calories for one slice, or 1/8th of a pie. Think about how many calories this could be. Wouldn't it be easier to buy this and share with many people, or to buy it, freeze 3/4 of it, and only eat two slices?

Better yet, do what I do when I have a chocolate craving. Buy some really strong, really bitter dark chocolate, so that you can't have more than one or two pieces without feeling overwhelmed. Save the rest. Or add unsweetened cocoa powder to some soy milk/skim milk or something. Voila, hot chocolate without added sugar or too many extra calories.

Of course, the best overall option is to find a way to purchase a single slice, or not eat it at all. It's fine to have a treat once in a while, but it's not healthy to eat a pound worth of calories in one sitting.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest, which was almost 300 lbs, I could never eat a whole pie, even my favorite kind.
    I wouldn't suggest it. What are you trying to prove?
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I am just in a crappy mood and don't just want to have a slice

So, why don't you just say ... "I'm in a crappy mood. I'm gonna make myself feel better by eating a whole chocolate cream pie."

You know the answer to your original question - or you could easily calculate it. MFP isn't the Calorie Police. Eat it. If you don't like the results you get the next time you're on the scales, then work it off.
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    According to this http://fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/pie-chocolate-cream there are probably about 3,000 calories in a pie, so you'd probably come pretty close to gaining a pound if you eat it.

I can sympathize; I don't have that bad of a sweet tooth but I used to regularly order a large pizza and eat the whole thing by myself. One time I even asked my roommate if I could have a slice of her pizza after I finished mine (it was a particularly bad day). I think the bigger problem is that if you eat a whole pie today, it makes it that much more likely that the next time you're in a crappy mood you'll do the same thing, and then you're looking at 2 or 3 pounds. If you can resist today, you'll strengthen your will power and it'll be easier to resist the whole pie the next time you have a bad day.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to prove?

That they can hold down an entire pie, duh.
  • bryanbates
    Options
    You're kidding right? A Stupid question gets a stupid answer.
    You should eat it, in fact eat one every day for a month and you tell us if you put on weight......I bet you won't eat another chocolate cream pie in your life!

10434091.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that I would do this just due to the humiliation of logging this on MFP. I've lost a lot of weight by eating healthy and by not eating pie. My craving are just haunting me right now.School and work and life are really stressful right now. Everyone is taking this a different way that I intended.

Hasn't anyone ever had the "just throw in the towel" feeling? Giving up and giving in?