What day do you weigh in? and why?

Options
I weigh in on a Wednesday but thinking of changing it to a Friday.

Does it make a difference when you eat ie not eating late at night I don't but have resorted to sucking polos and drinking loads of water.

Replies

• Allijee
    Options
    Hi

I weigh in on a Tuesday morning , i personally feel i prefer it cause on a monday your body is recovering from the weekends ( bad habits ) if you have any ..... lol

But im not sure if there is a difference - i would also like to hear other peoples replies on that .
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Lots of them curry and red wine not fussed on chocolate anymore.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit OCD so I weigh every morning right after I roll out of bed :wink:
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Normally via Wed monthly but I'm going to change it to weekly because I've started up a new November challenge, and I basically chose the wed because it was the last time I got weighed at the doctors lol :)
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Since starting MFP I have always chosen to weigh-in on Thursday mornings. It's as far away from the weekend as you can get. It let's me enjoy my free day in conjunction with Friday's "Date-Night". If I know we will be attending an event with friends or family it's convenient to slip my free day to Saturday or Sunday and still gives me Mon- Wed to burn off a few excess calories if necessary. It's far enough into the week that I remember it every week (since I'm not distracted by getting back into the groove of things at the beginning of the week, or by the weekend at the end of the week). All in all, it's a pretty good fit for me.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a set weigh in day but it's usually a good idea to weigh once a week, so whatever day works for you should be fine. I think some people weigh on Monday so it will give some extra accountability for their weekend choices.

It doesn't matter when you eat. I eat at night and I've tried not eating less than 4 hours before bed, it didn't really make a difference. As long as you're watching your calories you should be fine. It's actually a lot easier if you follow an eating pattern that works for you rather than worrying about times and how many meals you should have.
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    it changes every week, meant to be mondays though - oops
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday. . .. because good or bad I follow that up with going to church and get totally uplifted!:smile:
  • galaxyshark
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday because I usually have my one slack meal be Friday's dinner when I see my roommate (for once), so that gives me 6 days to lose whatever "poor" choices I make that night. Lol.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    Every morning. Once a day.
  • beeny83
    Options
    I weigh in on Fridays because then that gives me the whole week to make up for anything bad I might have eaten/drank over the weekend. :) It works well for me.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Friday, then the rest of that day is a 'relaxed' day, I'm still watching my calories but not as stringently.
  • 13Natty
    Options
    When I started I weighed in on Fridays. But when I finished logging for Sunday it told me that I was under/over my weekly net calories allocation. So I now weight in on a Monday morning treating that as a new week. :-)
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but my "official weigh-in" is on Mondays. This is to keep my focused on my diet over the weekend!!!
  • cemummy
    cemummy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i weigh in on a sunday as its the only day i have access to digital scales :)
  • Diggy2011
    Options
    Think my new weigh in is gonna be Friday I'm swapping cereal for lean bacon and eggs
  • Diggy2011
    Options
    Oh and my profile pic with me drinking a pint of beer are gone only ever fancy red wine or southern comfort x
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Tuesday and Friday morning, but I just record Friday. I don't know why, OCD maybe? :smile:
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When I started I weighed in on Fridays. But when I finished logging for Sunday it told me that I was under/over my weekly net calories allocation. So I now weight in on a Monday morning treating that as a new week. :-)

wow good point! This is my first week, I'll see how the end tally goes.
  • MelanieLeanne
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I first wake up. My weight fluctuates a lot throughout the week, so I only record when I see I've lost weight. But the weight at the beginning of the day is your true weight.