What day do you weigh in? and why?

Options

Replies

• sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    On Wednesdays, but I don't have any specific reason for choosing that day. I sometimes weigh myself on days other than Wednesday, but I'm trying not to do that too much so that I don't see the fluctuations, but instead see only the actual weekly weight.
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every time I go to the in laws as I do not have a scale at home.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Tuesday because that happened to be the first day I started tracking.
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays. I keeps me motivated throughout the weekend to stay focused and on track. Plus if I gain I know exactly what I did wrong bc it most likely would have happened over the weekend in a slip up. I do this to hold myself accountable for not only watching myself during the week but on the weekends as well. Although some people hate this I think it helps me out.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    saturday, only because that is the day i started the site
  • much2gain
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday for accountability. Sometimes it's frustrating to see the same number over and over but I deal. :)
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i weigh in on thursday mornings, because i typically am either off work that day, or don't work until sometime in the afternoon. i prefer to weigh in after i've been able to sleep in, because that gives time for my... err... digestive tract to right itself, let's say.
  • Gr8Flood
    Options
    I weigh in daily now. Since I started hitting my protein goals, I am losing daily so i find power in weighing in even if it is only a loss of .2 or .3 it is still positive energy to get further.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I weigh in and take measurements only once a month. I workout and eat right (or as close to right as I can, lol) for 4 weeks and then measure on Sunday before the start of the 5th week. I do this because first, I like to see big changes. If after a month there aren't big changes, then something is either wrong with diet or my workouts and I change things up at that time. Second, I don't ever exercise on Sundays. That is like a given rest day for me. So this way I literally weigh in and take stats after my last workout of any given time period to be more accurate to my personal schedule.
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh in everyday.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once per week on Fridays, no particular reason for Fridays other than it's easiest for me to remember. Something to look forward to..the start of the weekend and weight check.
  • krissykross
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday. I never really thought about why, but I guess it gives me time to recover from bad eating (usually high sodium) that occurs more often on the weekend.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Usually Fridays- because Thursday is usually a rest day for me so I eat earlier in the evening, and also my muscles aren't holding onto water after exercise. If Wednesday happens to be my rest day then I will do it on a Thurs.

I also like doing it before the weekend so I can indulge a little and get back on track by Monday.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday morning, mostly because I tend to keep to my limit better Saturday knowing the big weigh in is in the morning. I usually put in more serious workout time on Sat. just to squeak in a few more calories burned.
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every Saturday morning, because I usually have a little more free time on Saturdays before I have to be somewhere or start something. If I can't do my weigh-in I simply skip it for that week. I also do all my measurements at the same time (Neck, Left Bicep, Chest, Waist, Hips, and Left Thigh). I always record the results up/down/good/bad/indifferent. I always weight-in immediately after I get up and use the toilet, then shower, then measurements.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Friday morning, after first pee. Before the weekend.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings because sometimes I get together with friends on the weekends. Even though I don't normally splurge in those situations I still usually throw in extra exercise and do some calorie shuffling just in case we do out. I prefer to weigh in on a day that has a number of "average" days in front of it and that definitely would be a Friday morning.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I started doing it on fridays but then switched to monday. i found that if i did it on friday i had a tendancy to "cheat" through the weekend because i knew i had another 5 days to make up for it. With monday i feel bad if i cheat over the weekend because i dont want to make that scale go back up so i am less likely to "cheat". lol silly way of thinking but hey it works for me:)
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Saturday mornings before breakfast so I can see how I've done throughout the week and then not feel too bad over the weekend if I do have a few naughty things! But tinksmommy you make a good point, But I just think if I gained at the start of the week it would do the opposite to me it would de-motivate me for the rest of the week.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday mornings. That way I'm not cheated by eating weekend food! I don't count my weigh in's really since the idea is to weigh myself once a month on the 22nd. It is the anniversary of the death of my best friend who died at 31 leaving his wife and 1 month old son. I am doing my lifestyle change because I promised him I would before he died. He wanted m eto live longer and healthier because I have the chance to when he didn't and he wants me to keep an eye on his son for him!