Pregnancy- November 2011

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Those in groups a & b we have a great sister group called Fit for Future Families or you are welcome to stay with us! Welcome all!

Replies

• Charrah
    Options
    BUMP. How do I join? x
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    while im obviously not pregnant my wife is and id love to.get some.helpful info.for her
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    I'll be 8 weeks preg on thursday. First one, so I can def use all the support I can get!!
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    "NOVEMBER"- please go by just as fast as October did :laugh: ....

Got my 3rd Month apt Friday :smile: and I also get another ultrasound :bigsmile: YAY!
    Cant wait to go off bed rest Friday....

Hope everyone has been feeling great and welcome to any new mommys!!!!!
  • kristyoconnor
    kristyoconnor Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. Happy first day of November!

I've made it to 18 weeks! I went to the doctor at the end of last week. I've gained about 6 lbs and the dr said I'm doing well with weight gain. I got to hear the heartbeat, what a wonderful sound. That always makes my day. Also, the dr ordered my 2nd trimester ultrasound, I can't wait until next Wednesday to see this new little person! Other than that, I am super tired and congested all the time! I was hoping this stuff would calm down in the second trimester, but it looks like it's here to stay. As long as the morning sickness is gone for good, I'm a happy camper. :)

Have a great day!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    BUMP. How do I join? x

Just say you're part of our little club and you're joined. :) Welcome.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    while im obviously not pregnant my wife is and id love to.get some.helpful info.for her

How far along is your wife? You're welcome to join to get info and support for her. Congrats on the new one on the way. :)
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Check up went great today! Heard the heartbeat! I go december 8 to find out the sex! My c section has already been scheduled for may 4th, just 3 days before my bitthday! 9 days left of first trimester! !!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Check up went great today! Heard the heartbeat! I go december 8 to find out the sex! My c section has already been scheduled for may 4th, just 3 days before my bitthday! 9 days left of first trimester! !!

I'm glad the checkup went well. And yay about finding out the sex in just over a month! :bigsmile: Can I ask, though, why you have to have a c-section?
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Happy November!

Ronya, thanks for your birthing story. I hope things are improving with little Kathryn. She's beautiful. Is she nursing better?

MissConfidence, Congrats! I'm 6 weeks pregnant tomorrow, so we're not far off from each other.

MrMarius, Welcome and congrats!

We told my side of the family yesterday, and they're all very excited. We haven't told hubbie's side because LAST time, my FIL announced it to the entire congregation at church the next Sunday. (Grrr!) He can't keep a secret, and since it's still early, we're going to wait a few more weeks before we tell them.

I'm not feeling poorly or anything, just cramping from my body adjusting and growing. They'll stop in a week or so. I feel dizzy more than anything, especially when I stand up fast.

I've been doing Crossfit pretty hardcore for the last 4 months. I've gotten a lot stronger and can lift a lot more weight, push myself farther, etc., but now that I'm pregnant, I'm concerned about how much I'm doing. I work out with a lady that's 28 weeks pregnant and she's still doing pullups, boxjumps, lifting weights, etc., but I'm worried because I lost the last one. I didn't lose it because of my active lifestyle, but I'm still concerned about messing something up. I'm afraid of it happening again and I don't want to give any possible reason to miscarry. Anyway, is there anyone else that's lifting weight while pregnant?
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

I've been doing Crossfit pretty hardcore for the last 4 months. I've gotten a lot stronger and can lift a lot more weight, push myself farther, etc., but now that I'm pregnant, I'm concerned about how much I'm doing. I work out with a lady that's 28 weeks pregnant and she's still doing pullups, boxjumps, lifting weights, etc., but I'm worried because I lost the last one. I didn't lose it because of my active lifestyle, but I'm still concerned about messing something up. I'm afraid of it happening again and I don't want to give any possible reason to miscarry. Anyway, is there anyone else that's lifting weight while pregnant?

I've been lifting weights with no problems. I haven't done it in about a week just because I'm almost 9 weeks and EXHAUSTED. To go to the gym would mean getting out of bed at 4:30 and I am way to tired right now to lose an hour of sleep.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Got on the scale this morning and holy water weight batman! Now, I need to go find my water bottle to get this all out of me!
  • wannababyH
    Options
    I'd love to join!

My goal is to lose 50lbs by February so we can TTC. I'm 17lbs down since Sept!
  • sandijones5783
    sandijones5783 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am having a repeat c section, my first was vaginal, my second turned breech at 38 weeks lol i am having my tubes tied and devided it would be easier just to get it all done at once plus i have pretty big babies and the hospital is over an hour away so just better to try and plan it all out unless this baby decides to come early. My other 2and were very comfy and didn't want to come out lol
  • jalyner
    Options
    Yay!! I can't wait to hear a heartbeat!
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    HI everybody!

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with #3. My first dr appt is next Friday- can't wait!

jalyner- I totally know that feeling! We also lost our first PG and I blamed it on exercise (and lots of other things).. but my dr said really it's not related. Just sometimes these things happen- very common in the first tri (but enough of that here!)

I did exercise throughout the next pregnancy and everything went fine.. my daughter is 4 1/2 :) With my next one, let's just say I regretted not exercising more! For now I'm trying to be as active as possible before the morning sickness comes...

Looking forward to spending the next few months with you guys!
  • jalyner
    Options
    I'd love to join!

My goal is to lose 50lbs by February so we can TTC. I'm 17lbs down since Sept!

Way to go! 17 lbs is awesome. Good luck to you!
  • wannababyH
    Options
    Thank you! I can't believe I'm already down that much.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Welcome to November!

I only posted 1 time to introduce myself in October and never made it back. I hope to be much better this month. Now that I am 2nd tri and starting to feel better I think things will improve with energy.

Tomorrow is my NT scan and I can't wait! Dh can't go with :cry: . A good friend of mine was supposed to go but miscarried last week so I refuse to let her go. She insisted on going and I told her under no uncertain terms would I allow that. It would be too hard for her! So, by myself I go. It's ok, seeing the baby will be great with an added bonus of making sure he/she is healthy!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hello wonderful ladies! Yay it's November! One month away from finding out if it's a boy (hopefully:wink: ) or a girl :bigsmile:

Glad to hear all the check ups are going well and welcome to the new comers!

Amy_36, we are pretty darn close to each other! :laugh: Sorry you will be going by yourself. Hopefully DH will be able to join you next time.

I'm feeling good those days. I managed to go to zumba for the first time in months and it felt amazing! I am going to keep it in my goals to make it to at least one class a week (if not 2). Today I have absolutely no appetite. Any one experience this, is it normal? Earlier I couldn't go with out eating something like every 2 hours and here I am today and only had cereal, banana, nutty bar, and water and doing fine. I have even lost a few lbs in the last week or so. I don't know what is going on.
    Anyone thinking of a babymoon? My hubs and I LOVE to travel and have been throwing around the idea of a quick day trip somewhere... Just to get away.
    Happy Hump day!