21-Day No Junk Food Challenge: November Edition! (open)

Options
123457»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    continued from the first 21-Day Challenge, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/358510--open-21-days-no-junk-food-challenge

tumblr_lqomzw3BVt1qdzkvd_large.jpg

This is the November edition of the challenge!

Take what you want from this list, add to and/or subtract from it to suit your needs and your definition of "junk food".

Many people kept on eating dark chocolate and natural nut butters last month, because those foods were not on their personal junk food list. Some people added other things that are trigger foods for them, such as power bars or bread (even wheat bread). Whatever modifications that you want to make to the list are perfectly okay.

The goal of this challenge is to go 21 days without any junk food!!!

I'm going to start my 21 days this month on Sunday. You can start yours today, or whenever, but try to start by the 9th in order to get all of the days in this month. There will be a December edition following this challenge.

Who's in this month?
    I'm starting today, the 8th and will continue thru the end of Nov., which is the 30th, yes a bit more than 21 days but I'll finish out the month strong! I'm excited as it's so easy to get stuck in the grips of processed food.

Cheers for everyone giving this a go!:drinker:

Already looking forward to this being a monthly challenge, what a great idea, thanks VeganGal!:flowerforyou:
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So far so good day 8 no junk food I have not even craved it I have started looking for healthy things for a snack like yogurt, I had the yoplait white chocolate strawberry today and it was awesome!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well so far. It can be tough to resist but you're strong...you can do it.
  • MEGAmm
    MEGAmm Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was doing so well!!!!! Last night I apartment sat for my good friends and they told me to help myself to whatever I wanted. I brought my own healthy dinner and snacks but then I found ice cream. :-( I had ONE spoonful, but I wish I could have said I went the entire 21 days without junk food. I'm still in though! One spoonful of ice cream doesn't negate the fact that I am limiting my junk food intake for these 21 days. I'm back on track. ;-) Hope you all are doing really well!!!
  • mommyplus3
    Options
    Newcomer here :flowerforyou:
    I am in! Starting today & also adding soda.
  • kjloiselle
    kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    today is day 7 and I think i've kicked the cravings in the butt. Today is the second day I haven't had a single craving for chocolate and even though when i see it, I want it that's not all I can think about and want to whine about not having lol. YAY
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am no longer experiencing sugar cravings either...but I am always really hungry! This is harder than the sugar cravings, in my opinion.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 (of cycle 2!) for me, and it's going really well this time! My first cycle (October's 21DNJFC) was rough for the first week, but this time my cravings are not nearly as bad. Plus, it's PMS week for me, so it's a huge victory that I'm not craving chocolate.

I started a Group for the challenge, in case anyone hasn't joined the group yet. :-)
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok so I messed up on day 9 because of not being prepared at a training for work so that moves my day over my last day of commitment will be 11/23/2011 now instead of 11/22/2011
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Went out for lunch today...ate a few muffins but I'm just going to keep going! Exceptions: the occasional piece of chocolate to hold over sugar cravings and a splurge on Friday :) Other than that, Day 10 and going strong! I'm going to do it until the 30th to make up for the cheat days
  • celeste_xo
    Options
    I know it's a little late, BUT I really want to do this challenge as well!! I've been sooo bad lately about eating junk food, i think mainly because school has been stressing me out and I tend to be a stress eater. This will be great motivation for me to get back on track and kick my cravings!! :)
  • kellylara93
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • a_fill
    a_fill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need! Count me in
    But what about homemade things? Are these considered junk food as well even if their made to be low calorie?
    And what about things with splenda in them?