One question.

FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
i keep reading on here people talking about exercising 2 to 3 hours a day or more.

the only thing i want to know is.

WHERE IN HELL TO YOU ALL FIND THE TIME FOR THAT????

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    I workout 30 minutes/day 4-5 days per week
  • I'd like to know as well. I can barely fit in 30 min.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    i keep reading on here people talking about exercising 2 to 3 hours a day or more.

the only thing i want to know is.

WHERE IN HELL TO YOU ALL FIND THE TIME FOR THAT????

I treadmill two hours yesterday one hour in da morning and one hour in da evening.. It was too much going back to 30/30, I do it at work. LOL
  • I barely have enough time outside of physical training to workout

Another question: Why do people find it necessary?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    "USB treadmill" that you plug to your computer and put under the desk. Perhaps?
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    I do dog walking for a living =) LOL And I speedwalk to and from the houses I go to. Extra calories burned ;)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    I do my Tai Chi practice when I first get to work in the morning, that's 20 min. At lunch I go for a walk, add 30 to 45 min.
    After work, I go to the gym for 30 to 45 min of elliptical, treadmill or stationary bike. While I'm at the gym, I do strength training for about 30 min., but I don't count that as exercise time. It adds up.....
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    I dont know how some people are able to do it but they do.

I personally don't believe I need to exercise more than 30 minutes a day. I believe my diet is priority. (granted right now its been crap but still)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    The joy of being single and childless.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    I dont know how some people are able to do it but they do.

I personally don't believe I need to exercise more than 30 minutes a day. I believe my diet is priority. (granted right now its been crap but still)

Spoken like a true prodigy Wits. Well said.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    on weekends my children are at their fathers I can spend as long as I want there.
    It ends up being about 3-3.5 hours a day.

On nights I don't have my children I spend 1.5 hours.
    I overcompensate for when I cannot go. And that's my business, I love the gym so I don't feel my time spent there is a hassle or wasted.

When I have them I do free weights after they go to bed but don't log it.

A lot of gyms also have daycare. IF there is a will there is a way.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I work out 60 to 90 minutes 6 days a week. I like it its the only "me" time I really get.
    But I dont work and my mom lives with me so I have built in babysitting
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    I went to bed last night at 8:30 and got up to workout this morning at 4:45...
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    The only time I work out less then 2 hours is on Monday's or Tuesday's. I wake up at 4am and do 30min to 60min work out lol I try to be in bed by 8 or 9 pm. Not always possible, so I make one of these days my "off day" . Plus, i have no kids, no animals, just me & my fiancee. We work out together so I guess that's a reason why I have time. Otherwise we wouldn't see e/o until bedtime lol Of course 2 hours isn't necessary, 30 to 60 min is good also. I do 2 hours because i love working out so much now! haha
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    I work 40hours a week, married but no kids. I wake up at 445am to work out 1hr - 1.5hrs a day, 4-5 days a week. Evenings I walk my dogs for 20-30 minutes and then study. On Friday I party hard, Saturday is chill day with husband and family (maybe a little hiking), and Sunday I go out mountain biking with my husband for 3 hours. Yeah, so basically I take the time that I would spend watching TV to work out. The only TV time I get is when I'm cleaning. I love working out and I build my entertainment around working out. I enjoy biking, hiking, aerobics, swimming, and hiking. Although, I can only do up to 1.5 hours/day not 3 hours/day.

That is how it is done!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    I wish I had more time to workout! I'm lucky to squeeze 3 thirty minute workouts a week.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    I am a stay at home mom...I get up at 5am, do what needs to be done for kids clean, etc..., youngest gets on bus at 8:20am...as soon as she leaves I go to gym...I run for about an hour or so and then usually take a fitness class, which is usually about another hour...i leave gym by 10:30am and go on with the rest of my day. I go to gym 5x a week, take sat as a rest day and do a long run outside with a running partner early sunday am....we are out for about 2 to 3 hours...come back in, shower and get family to church.

I enjoy the exercise, it is me time, plus I get to see other adults and have an actually conversation :)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    I do a full body lifting routine 3 times per week that lasts about 45 minutes each session. I adjust my calorie intake to not need all that cardio.

However, I have the option of having treadmill workstation at work and am pondering that idea.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    I workout for nearly an hour and a half a day for 6 days after work. I make time, because this is like my 2nd job in a small, weird way...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    I workout for nearly an hour and a half a day for 6 days after work. I make time, because this is like my 2nd job in a small, weird way...

4 days, Bry!