One question.

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I... don't exercise.

Oops.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    i keep reading on here people talking about exercising 2 to 3 hours a day or more.

the only thing i want to know is.

WHERE IN HELL TO YOU ALL FIND THE TIME FOR THAT????

I get asked that a lot as I was working out for 2 hours a day, life has been choatic but still finding at least 1.5 hours a day to work out. The answer is simple for me. I want to lose weight, so I make time. Do I miss things? yep... I don't watch much TV anymore, I don't go out a lot, I don't get much done around the house... My day goes..

6am wake up get ready
    7am work
    4-5pm come home from work. Hug the kid and etc.
    5-7pm supper and play time with Kid, talk to wife about what needs talked about. (6:30pm take workout pre-stim.)
    7-9:30ish work out at the gym.
    10pm watch any tv, pick up, or whatever else is needed.
    11:30-midnight head to bed.

It's like that 9 times out of 10 for me currently.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    I wake up at 5am... workout with pure cardio in AM 45min to an hour.

Try moving your treadmill/eliptical infront of your tv if you have kids. You can still spend time and watch them, while you are exercising.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    i keep reading on here people talking about exercising 2 to 3 hours a day or more.

the only thing i want to know is.

WHERE IN HELL TO YOU ALL FIND THE TIME FOR THAT????
    You can always find the time to do anything you want to do...even if it means sacrificing sleep. In they military we were trained to function on 4 hours a night, if that sometimes. It is all about prioritizing...and I am one of the 2-3 hours a day people, work a full time job and have wife and kids who are not deprived of my time. I just make it happen.
  • I dont know how some people are able to do it but they do.

I personally don't believe I need to exercise more than 30 minutes a day. I believe my diet is priority. (granted right now its been crap but still)

^^This.
    An hour is pushing it for me. 20-30 minutes is more manageable, and most days I don't really manage that. I try to work on the diet to make up for my lack of exercise lately!
  • The joy of being single and childless.
    Damn I was going to say that :tongue:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    These people who talk about that clearly have no kid or spouse.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    1. I don't have kids
    2. I get up at 4:30 AM & work out before work
    3. If the hubby has to work late, I'll work out again in the evening

I realize this may not be my situation forever, so I'll take advantage of it while I can
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    I move a lot so I don't know many people where I live right now. I have a job but no children.

Why do I find it necessary? Because it makes me happy. Yeah, I said it. I enjoy going to the gym and leaving 2-3 hours later a sweaty monster. Makes me feel like a bad *kitten*. :smile:

I do have a to eat more working out like this, but I eat more of the right stuff. (Most of the time, hehe)

For those of you who don't have the time to do what I do, I applaud you. That probably means you have a life and I'm slightly jealous.

Really though, I'm very grateful that my shedule allows me to work out like this. I'm happy with my life. I know my schedule won't be like this forever but I'm going to take advantage of it while I can.

There you have it.
  • Mallory0418
    I realize this may not be my situation forever, so I'll take advantage of it while I can

Haha! We said the same thing. :laugh:
  • Mallory0418

Or, maybe they have a spouse whose occupation doesn't allow him/her to be home very often...
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    The joy of being single and childless.

I have a lot more time now that I am single
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    I am curious also - I love working out when I do it - and feel like I could go forever - but at the gym I am usually 60-90 minutes and if I do a workout DVD about half hour.
    I am married without kids - the hubby and I do workout together.
    I wish I could workout before work but getting up at 3am just seems too daunting.
    I also have two jobs : /
  • Fitting in random things while you are doing mundane things.

Bringing in groceries? Lift them over your head while you carry them to and from the car! Having to run errands? Park far away!

If you try to fit in random activities like that into your daily life, then 30 minutes of exercise is really all ya need! ...when you've got the time. =)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member

I have both, and I work 50+ hours a week. You can make it work. Are you really saying your kid and spouse can't live without your attention for 2 hours a day for 5 days a week? Granted my wife hates my guts right now but that has been mainly because of work. I've been working 70+ hours a week the last couple weeks which has cut into my exercise time. Once it calms down it'll be back to 2hr+ work outs.

Do I plan to work out this much for the rest of my life? Hell no, but I have a goal I want to reach. Once I reach that I plan on cutting back to 1 hour work outs 5 days a week. I'm currently doing 6-7 days a week 1.5-2 hours right now. I'd rather put in the time now then keep putting it off and never live long enough to have that time.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member

i would probably have more time for it if a had a spouse, would have someone to be with the kid
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Single. Childless. Carless. I walk 15 minutes to the bus stop and then some more to get to work from where I get off the bus. I walk around a mile each way to get to the grocery store. Another 1.7 each way to get to the gym (if I don't take the bus). Yes, that means I have to leave an hour early to get to work (I substitute teach, so mileage and time varies each day), but I'm getting in exercise!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    When I walk it's usually over 2 hours. But that's combined walking throughout the day. And since I don't have a car and public transportation sucks, most of it is not particularly by choice. I do know what you mean though. I'm not sure how people have time to do regular exercising (not combined walks) for hours.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member
    I have a 7 year old and a spouse. I work out about an hour and 40 minutes a day. I am also in the Fitness industry as a trainer. A big misconception is that trainer (because we are usually at the gym for work) are working out all the time. Like anyone else with a job, we have to MAKE time to work out.
    I usually run in the morning and hit the weights in the afternoon.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    45 min in the morning, 45 min at night. Only about 1.5 hours, but thats about it. I wake up pretty early, go to bed late. On weekends, I do the same, then add in a 2 hour workout as well, such as when I teach karate or hockey.