Did any of you turn a FWB into a... relationship?

odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
So, I was talking to my girlfriend at a Halloween party and found out her husband and her started out at FWB and didn't so much as have a discussion about the "status" of their relationship for about a year...

I found this interesting. I don't think I could go without some sort of defining conversation for a full year.

If you're in a long-term exclusive (not open) relationship, how did it come about? What's your story?

And yes, I am rather bored...

Moist.

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    I did. Well, it started as a relationship, and we broke it off. Then we did a FWB thing / open relationship for 1.5 to 2 years. And now we live together, moved from Boston to Seattle, and have been dating steadily since 2007.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    whats FWB?
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    I had a on/off FWB type situation for the past two years. We are just starting to get into more and talking about the status of where we're at at what not. It would probably be easier if I wasn't so damn terrified of commitment. Anyways, I actually know a lot of couples who started out that way.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Nope. But I turned a relationship into a FWB.
  • odusgolp
    whats FWB?

Friend with Benefits....
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member

Moist.

You hate us all, don't you?
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    EDIT double post
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    My current bf and i started out as FWB. He had JUST gotten out of a very serious relationship and wasn't ready for another one. Even thought I wanted a serious relationship we stayed as FWB for over a year. Him officialy asking me out was a huge deal to me, we have been together for over 5 years if you count the year as FWB. It was a weir start to a relationship to say the least but it is good now
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Nope. :(

I generally date first then have relations ... I'm old fashioned that way I guess. :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    I have a couple friends who started out as best friends, became FWB's and everyone knew what they were. At some point they just switched to being BF/GF. Fast forward 5 years, and they're still together. No ring or anything, but they share a mortgage and pets. They might as well be married but I don't think she wants kids.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    no, our rule was cut and run once any feelings came about. He did, so I ran. It was fun while it lasted, though...
  • odusgolp

Moist.

*lick lick*
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    I'm actually doing this now.
    I currently have a FWB.. But we are talking about starting a relationship within the next couple weeks.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Yes married him happy ever after since 2005. Turns out he has always been in love with me :) I felt the same but didn't want to be a girl about it.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    No....I hate to admit this, but I am too prude to even have a FWB.
  • whats FWB?

Friends with benefits...
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member

Moist.

*lick lick*

ugh.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    whats FWB?

Friends with benefits...

Thanks I was wondering as well, but too cool to ask.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    FWB, to boyfriend to husband. ha. I hated my husband at first, I said listen, we can have sex but don't talk, you disgust me... and no I love him haha.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    I did. Only took 12 years. I don't recommend it to ordinary people.