Did any of you turn a FWB into a... relationship?

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Next question why do you care if your friend has benefits...it's not like you can be on their health insurance.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    At what point to you realize you aren't going to and don't want to date other people?? Cause then they're no longer a FWB, you just are in a relationship but in denial! *LOL*

It makes me feel like a needy prude to have to have some sort of expectation of monogamy within a few months... *LOL*
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    So, I was talking to my girlfriend at a Halloween party and found out her husband and her started out at FWB and didn't so much as have a discussion about the "status" of their relationship for about a year...

I found this interesting. I don't think I could go without some sort of defining conversation for a full year.

If you're in a long-term exclusive (not open) relationship, how did it come about? What's your story?

And yes, I am rather bored...

Moist.

Only word that stuck out...MOIST

But yes I have...didnt last
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member

Moist.

You hate us all, don't you?

*lick lick*

Luckily, I like you.

To answer your question, I have not. Once feelings come into play I'm done. I'm just not in a place where I'm looking for that, to be honest, I find guys who are into me to be unattractive. It's a bit of a problem...
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Nope cant say Ive had a FWB
  • odusgolp
    Next question why do you care if your friend has benefits...it's not like you can be on their health insurance.

I care about Obama Care...

Wait...

Scratch that ;P
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    My FWB ended up being my husband...although, at this point, I'm not sure if that's good or bad!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I'm engaged to my last FWB. We were just "hanging out" for about six months.. mostly meet up for some dinner then go back to one of our houses. After a while I stopped being interested in looking for anyone else, because he was so fun to be around and there was no weird pressure or expectations. So, then I told him I wanted him to be my boyfriend, and then about six months after that I moved in.

Actually, my exH was a FWB to start out too... We did the FWB thing for almost a full year before defining it to a relationship. I should have kept him that way and ditched him when the psycho set in.. lol...
  • I'm actually doing this now.
    I currently have a FWB.. But we are talking about starting a relationship within the next couple weeks.
    So you're thinking of starting a relationship in the next couple of weeks? LOL sounds like you two are acting like you're going to sign a contract together or something.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    My FWB ended up being my husband...although, at this point, I'm not sure if that's good or bad!
    lol oh dear
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member

Moist.

You hate us all, don't you?

*lick lick*

Luckily, I like.

To answer your question, I have not. Once feelings come into play I'm done. I'm just not in a place where I'm looking for that, to be honest, I find guys who are into me to be unattractive. It's a bit of a problem...

What about girls? :wink:
  • odusgolp
    Luckily, I like.

I'm just as mental... Once they are all in I lose interest sometimes. WTH. Ridiculous.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Yes actually. The guy I'm dating now (who I own a home with and plan to marry) started off as my FWB. Neither one of us really thought anything would come of it, but somehow it just sort of morphed into a relationship. It's amazing what being perfectly matched sexually will do for a relationship :)
  • odusgolp
    I'm actually doing this now.
    I currently have a FWB.. But we are talking about starting a relationship within the next couple weeks.
    So you're thinking of starting a relationship in the next couple of weeks? LOL sounds like you two are acting like you're going to sign a contract together or something.

I was thinking the same thing! *LOL*

"Well... that's awkward."
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Yeah, we went 6 months without "definition". One-night-stand gone totally wrong....
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    The real issue is that for a FWB relationship to be REALLY good, there has to be some emotional commitment. And once that emotional piece kicks in, the benefits tend to get better. Problem is, we don't know when to stop...and the emotional piece has a very strong diminishing return trend. i.e. additional emotion gives less return in the benefits department. Then you end up with the same old relationship... I've had ONE great FWB relationship - clear understanding of the level of emotion needed to make it intense (I mean really, you can only have sex with a stranger once!) - and firm reminders if anyone ever crossed the emotional line. Sounds cold and calculated...and that's exactly what it was...but that's what made it work.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Oh, no... I don't want to actually TALK to the FWB.... **shudder**
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    I'm actually doing this now.
    Lol nono.
    We went into this FWB with open minds that it could possibly turn into something more, and we were both fine with that. We are waiting after a certain time just to kinda "make sure" this is what we want. :P
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Luckily, I like.

I'm just as mental... Once they are all in I lose interest sometimes. WTH. Ridiculous.

It's not just not being interested, it's unappealing. I just find them pathetic or something. It's really awful. There is a reason I don't date...
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member

stop it.
    just stop it.

my answer for this question: i tend to underestimate my fwb's and overestimate the guys i attempt actual "relationships" with.

so... idk. maybe. i haven't done it yet. but it's a possibility.