Worst Diet You've Been On...

Options
My vote is the Atkins Diet...it makes sense when you read about it...but it's so hard to stay on.
Plus when I finally caved and cheated I ate the house down.

I'm curious what others you have tried?

Replies

• horror_hamster
    Options
    I'd agree with you, the atkins was the hardest, followed at a close second by the south beach diet... i just love me some carbs! :-p
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    I didn't like Fat Smash, because I need a lot of variety in what I can eat.
  • getyupcowgirl
    Options
    I tried the HCG drops and I ended up getting sick . . . really sick
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think the Atkins was one of the very worst!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Probably the "poor" diet.

Ate hardly anything but oatmeal and ramen.

I was at my skinniest however!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    ugh...I took Metabolife in the late 90's...some girl I worked with lost a lot on them, but all they did was send me running for the bathroom.

I also once tried some kind of 14-day juice fast in the mid-90's and the fruit wasn't bad, but the veggie juice tasted SOOO horrible. I think I lasted 2 days....2 long and miserable days.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I've never actually gone on a diet. When Atkins was all the rage and Subway was peddling a Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap as 'healthier' because it had less carbs, and somewhere else it said to stay away from carrots because they had carbs, well I called BS on that.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Nutri Systems gets my vote.
    Most of their foods was covered with this "sauce" that would make me gag.
    After spending $$ & ordering foods that sounded delicious online only to receive them & have them covered in this "sauce" I ended up only able to eat 2 items out of my whole monthly shipment.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    NutriSystem. Food was horrible, I was hungry & miserable all the time, & it didn't teach me a d*mn thing about how to select or prepare healthy food. However, this was 20 years ago so I'm hoping at least the food has improved.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    generic bro diet of eating every 2-3 hrs and eating clean
  • Fernella13
    Fernella13 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Atkins, hands down. I lost the weight but couldn't keep it up and when I started eating carbs, it was overload!! I gained everything back and then some!
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    I remember the Cabbage Soup Diet was huge when I was in high school. Ugh. Just the smell of cabbage would make me gag for years to come... Oh to be young and naive.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    cabbage soup diet.

it tastes like crapa and looks even worse.

not only did it stink up the house, but everyone at work complained when i heated it up in the microwave.

and of course, i barely lost any weight cos i only lasted all of 2 days! lol
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tried one similar to Atkins. It got a bit boring after a while and I hated the thought of never eating carbs again...
    The THIRD time I tried to follow this diet (yes, I failed the first and second time..) my stomach decided it wouldn't let me keep the fat food.. so after that day, I decided it wasn't for me.

First time I did a diet I had about 500-800 calories a day for 6 months. I lost a lot but I felt awful in every way. That was really NOT a good way to lose weight..
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Atkins is the worst by far. Noone should eat that much fat, and not have a single piece of fruit. I lost 10 pounds, but gained it back immediately after going off that diet.
    Nutrisystem is second runner up. That food is not fit for human consumption!!!
  • xmalonex
    Options
    Too funny...I've done Metabolife too. It just made me jittery.

Oh oh and for Juice Diets my wife and I did the 21 lbs in 21 days detox. We made it to day 20 and immediately went back to regular eating. I did lose about 18 lbs...which all came back in a couple of weeks after eating again.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Low calorie, low fat, high carb. I just can't lose weight that way. Lost and gained the same 5 pounds for months.

ETA: Stupid typos.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thinking I had to eat every 3 hours and eat small portions. Annoying.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I remember the Cabbage Soup Diet was huge when I was in high school. Ugh. Just the smell of cabbage would make me gag for years to come... Oh to be young and naive.

Oh, forgot that I had tried that one too... I still remember the horrible taste... that diet lasted about 2 days for me!:sick:
  • SuddenlyPickles
    Options
    cabbage soup diet.

it tastes like crapa and looks even worse.

not only did it stink up the house, but everyone at work complained when i heated it up in the microwave.

and of course, i barely lost any weight cos i only lasted all of 2 days! lol

Haha -- high five!