Worst Diet You've Been On...

Options

Replies

• kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wanted to lose weight before college so I went to a trainer at my gym. She had me working out over an hour a day and wouldn't let me eat back my exercise calories, so I was constantly sore and tired and starving. I lost 20 pounds, but I gained it all back when I couldn't keep making myself constantly unhappy and quit everything. So far I've lost weight just about as quickly with MFP and it's been infinitely easier.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    HCG 2 or 3 years ago....before I knew it was made of pee. I lost 15lbs in one week, was STARVING so quit taking the drops and gained 30lbs in 2 weeks. Now, a few years later, I'm still trying to get back down to the weight I was before I started those drops. I'm a strong advocate of the "HCG is stupid" party.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    atkins was hell....

i tried slim fast for a while combined with rigorous exercise and actually gained weight - so that was probably the worst results. but i've honestly never been one for fad diets. i did weight watchers in my teens and switched to calorie counting when things got tough in 2008. it's the only thing that works. i'm a fan of logic and science.
  • erinrose07
    Options
    I tried that Metabolite/Ephedrine stuff in high school. I couldn't stop working out and had NO appetite to the point where I felt shaky and sick. Toward the end of my affair with these icky pills my vision kept clouding with black spots. Yeck! We're so stupid as teenagers.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think the absolute worst is Nutrisystem. Not so much because of the food but because of their "counselors". I was on the program back when you had to go to a location and buy food and weigh in - kinda like WW.

Every week I'd get weighed in and the b*tch kept telling me the scale was broken! This would happen whenever I'd have a big loss. If I gained or stayed the same, the scale was fine. W.T.F?!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Doing the Atkins and the Master Cleanse..and acting like i liked them!

That was 5 years ago. Of course i don't believe in diets anymore..except Daniels diet which is awesome~!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Medi fast , this was years ago (20 or so) and it was all just these 'shakes' you mixed up.
    no food at all. it was like 5 or 6 of these shakes a day nothing else. if i was at all late having
    my shake i would about pass out
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    *backs out slowly*
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Atkins. I followed what he said to the letter... and I gained 10lbs. I am probably the only person who was in ketosis, drank 2 gallons of water a day, ate ONLY what he said was "approved" and gained weight. My inlaws and ex husband were all doing it too and EVERYONE lost weight (and they weren't following it as strictly as I was!) but me. Ugh. I actually lost 15lbs by stopping it. lol.

I also tried Metabolife in the 90's and that was some intense stuff. I took a 1/4 of the recommended dosage and was so jittery I couldn't function. I didn't sleep for more than 2 hours a night while I was on it. Oh and I didn't lose a pound (you'd think all those jitters would have burned some calories! LOL).

I had okay luck with Weight Watchers, but I was so damned hungry all the time. I hated that eating a tuna sandwich was burning through most of my points for the day.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Atkins was the only one I tried, I always just kept a food diary with calorie restrictions, this is why I Love MFP!!
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Simona38, you crack me up!! Amazing how the scale fixed itself when she was making a commission...
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    MasterCleanse! Lemonade with cayenne pepper, etc., and nothing else. I made it about a day, and then I had to have SOMETHING solid!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Probably the "poor" diet.

Ate hardly anything but oatmeal and ramen.

I was at my skinniest however!

that's the diet I'm on now! but I also have chicken nuggets... I guess that's a college students diet (well, a poor college students diet...) anyway, I need to become an extreme couponer...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    *backs out slowly*

Good call. :-/

The worst diet I was ever on would be the one where I ate whole wheat bread/pasta/everything on a regular basis, that was such an awful idea.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Jack Daniels, Coca Cola, and Cigarettes.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a diet. I never will be, either.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    low fat, high carbs, minimal cancer causing meats and use soy based meat replacements. Worst health of my life.

I love my high fat, meaty way of eating.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Good, I was starting to think I was the only one.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    SEEFOOD Diet...I saw it, I ate it
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

Good, I was starting to think I was the only one.

You BOTH are on a Diet of Ignorance....
    di·et [ d ət ] 1.what person or animal eats: the food that a person or animal usually consumes
    2.controlled intake of food: a controlled intake of food and drink designed for weight loss, for health or religious reasons, or to control or improve a medical condition
    3.regular intake of something: a continuous or daily experience of, or indulgence in, something other than food