Are we really that bad?

Options

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men. I know we hve been given the titles of pigs, dogs, trashy, *kitten*, sluts, cheaters, liars... but are we really that bad that you have decided that all of us come from the same mold?

I am THAT bad! :angry: My female friends know it! :smokin:

Obviously - over there tempting us with delicious pancakes... :frown:
  • DAVEGETSLEAN
    DAVEGETSLEAN Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No we're not! I have pals older, younger, male, female, black, white, etc. I'm sure if we were all in the same room, other than MFP, we would not have much in common. That diversity only enhances my MFP experience. Although, I can understand some users not wanting to share stuff with members of the opposite sex.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    ...because heaven forbid a woman doesn't want to have to deal with a man. I'm floored by how annoying/borderline offensive I find this topic/question to be.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    if your significant other is gna get jelous of friends of the opposite sex on a fitness website then shes got some real trust issues with herself/himself that they need to deal with.

Smh....

OR it COULD be that they are doing it out of respect for their significant other... maybe.

That ive never understood.
    I grew up a tomboy and had nothing but male friends growin up.
    If my boyfriend couldnt RESPECT that I have male friends then he wouldnt be my boyfriend. Lol.
    I dont know why it would be a respect factor to have a friend of the opposite sex if there wasnt a trust issue.

It can be a respect issue without being a trust issue.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Nah men aren't bad at all. In fact, I kinda like them, especially their protruding parts.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    if your significant other is gna get jelous of friends of the opposite sex on a fitness website then shes got some real trust issues with herself/himself that they need to deal with.

Smh....

OR it COULD be that they are doing it out of respect for their significant other... maybe.
    Yahtzee!

I have BOTH female AND male friends.... I was just saying for those who put that on their pages, they COULD do it out of respect for their spouse and/or significant other. I love my friends and am probably as bad as the guys....
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    I think it is fine to set boundaries. Why are you taking it personal?:huh:

It's sexism :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    I will only friend blondes from now on :angry: thou shalt change your hair color to be my friend from now on! :smooched:

PS: Just being random, :flowerforyou:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

I will only friend blondes from now on :angry: thou shalt change your hair color to be my friend from now on! :smooched:

Oh well, i do not look good as a blonde! Your loss! :tongue:
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Its their choice...I have both male and female friends and I support them all equally. I won't lie though I do have my favorites but that is because I have found common ground and mutual respect for weight loss accomplishments. If they say they only want certain people as their friends then they will only get certain view points and ultimately it may hinder their progress, no loss to me!
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options

:laugh:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I have some female friends that do not accept FR from men simply because they feel it would be disrespectful to their husband.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Men or women...as long as they can motivate me and I can do the same without getting too personal...I welcome them all. Everyone has their own preferences, it's not that men are THAT bad...hmm...well maybe...lol jk Don't take it personal :)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

Smh....

That ive never understood.
    I grew up a tomboy and had nothing but male friends growin up.
    If my boyfriend couldnt RESPECT that I have male friends then he wouldnt be my boyfriend. Lol.
    I dont know why it would be a respect factor to have a friend of the opposite sex if there wasnt a trust issue.

It can be a respect issue without being a trust issue.

Ed Zachary...
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My other half is very jealous to the point I can't have a Facebook account so to save hassle the only male I have on here is my brother.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    My other half is very jealous to the point I can't have a Facebook account so to save hassle the only male I have on here is my brother.

That's a bit extreme.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I had a FR denied twice because of this. It was the same person and I had simply forgotten the first time I sent the request. She did offer an explanation in her denial.

I don't think it's that we are that bad. There are times when I specifically want feedback from guy friends. I personally wouldn't set that boundary in an online context, but that's just me.

Also, guys smell bad.

Do you have a scratch-n-sniff screen? I can't smell boys on the computer. Makes them better friends online than in person. :laugh:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men.

FR?

FR=Friend Request

I personally do not accept friend requests from males. Not because I have a jealous husband or anything, but out of respect of our love for each other. I don't have a problem with people who do accept requests from members of the opposite sex. It's just a personal preference for me.

^^ This.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I put that under the same category as women who won't be friends with other women because we're "all" catty backstabbers and drama queens.

All women aren't catty backstabbers and drama queens? Good to know!
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options

That's a bit extreme.

:noway:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't take it personally. There are a lot of different kinds of people on this website and I'm not going to get along with everyone. If someone wants to limit their friends list for whatever reason, that's their prerogative. Personally, I'm thankful for the little disclaimers people put on their profile. It tells me from the beginning whether they are worth my time or not.