Has Any 1 heard about "The Ultimate Food solution Food Guide

Options
Hi MFP Friends,:happy: I bought a book called “The ultimate weight solution food guide” I was wondering if any one else has read this book or fallowed the weight loss program before? I know it touches on High-response cost foods, low-response cost foods, and High-yield foods. It says that high-response cost, high-yield foods are hunger suppressors, meaning they control and curb your hunger, while low-response cost, low-yield foods are hunger drivers. What do you think about this? If you are not sure what I mean by these terms, do not feel bad I am just learning my self. :laugh: But you can get more information about this plan on www.drphil.com/articles/article/403

What is every ones opinion? Or is there any one that knows of any one that has tried it out before? I am thinking of doing it along with the accountability and support of MFP :bigsmile: it would be nice to know if any one has an input about theses foods.

Replies

• sweetassurance
    Options
    Hi MFP Friends,:happy: I bought a book called “The ultimate weight solution food guide” I was wondering if any one else has read this book or fallowed the weight loss program before? I know it touches on High-response cost foods, low-response cost foods, and High-yield foods. It says that high-response cost, high-yield foods are hunger suppressors, meaning they control and curb your hunger, while low-response cost, low-yield foods are hunger drivers. What do you think about this? If you are not sure what I mean by these terms, do not feel bad I am just learning my self. :laugh: But you can get more information about this plan on www.drphil.com/articles/article/403

What is every ones opinion? Or is there any one that knows of any one that has tried it out before? I am thinking of doing it along with the accountability and support of MFP :bigsmile: it would be nice to know if any one has an input about theses foods.
  • diannastadnyk
    diannastadnyk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I followed this plan a few years ago and I still swear by it. I did the rapid start plan for 14 days and lost 22 lbs! Now that I have kids I am finding it hard to get into again...but am definately going to start it again soon. I have bought the book 3 times because I keep lending it out and not getting it back. Its amazing!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I was more affected by the other parts of the book. The emotional eating and the ways to choose alternate activities to turn you away from habitual or emotional eating. I need to dig my book back out to reread and see if I can glean some more pearls of wisdom from Dr. Phil!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    NO but I was SO close to trying out the new biggest loser family cook book. I am still thinking about it.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    no..but now i am tempted t o buy it!!! Let me know how it goes!
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Hum, it is exciting to know that it does work. I am in the beginning stages of the book. We will see how it goes. Thank you all for your input. I have not heard of the bigger loser cook book. I need to look into it.:wink:

P.S. I am up for a challenge. :happy: If any body has this book and wants in, :drinker: please let me know. We can start with the 14 day rapid start plan and take it from there. :wink: It is wonderful Dianna that you lost 14 lbs on this. :happy:

Amy , I know what you mean about the emotional eating. Hopefully I can learn of other ways just like you did.:bigsmile:

Astarte09 we will have to keep in touch.:smile:

I am still open for some more suggestions...:love: Thank you MFP friends.:flowerforyou:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Alright here I am. I am going to look for the book as soon as I can make it to a store. Then we can challenge!! I always need more challenges!

SMILE :smile:
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I was able to order the book online from amazon.com last night it should be here in about a week.

:smile:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    :drinker: Good for you Jacqueline! :flowerforyou: Does that mean you will be doing the 14-day rapid weight loss plan challenge?:happy:
  • astarte09
    Options
    And me!! As you know. Ill let you guys know when I get it!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    :drinker: Good for you Jacqueline! :flowerforyou: Does that mean you will be doing the 14-day rapid weight loss plan challenge?:happy:
    Yes I will do the 14-day rapid weight loss plan!!!
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Yes I will do the 14-day rapid weight loss plan!!!

Looking forward to it :flowerforyou:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    I have been reading the book and it is easier then I thought.:bigsmile: Let me know when everyone gets there so we can set a date of when to start this challenge. :love:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    HI friends, :flowerforyou: I also found this site that goes more into details about this ultimate weight solution.
    www.webmd.com/diet/features/dr-phil-ultimate-weight-solution have fun exploring it. I already have some wonderful live changing tips that I will try to stick with:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I got the book today and am hoping to read some of it tonight and tomorrow.

:flowerforyou:
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    :happy: This is wonderful Jackie; :bigsmile: Let me know when you get up to the 14 day rapid weight loss plan. I hope that we can start it all together.o.k:flowerforyou:
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Sounds good, I have gotten through part of it but am hoping to have more time this afternoon to read more and then we can start!!!
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    This is wonderful. I have been studying it myself. I still need to get a menu together and go shopping. I am going to have my mom over this week form out of town. I do not see her much so when I do we go places together making it hard to stick to my plans. However, let me know when you are ready and we can set a date with every one that is going to do the 14 days rapid weight loss program.:bigsmile:
  • astarte09
    Options
    Goodness. I am still waiting for the book, but wanted to let you all know I am ready! It should be to me this week.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I am ready to start when you all are. I know this is not going to be easy but totally worth a try.