Has Any 1 heard about "The Ultimate Food solution Food Guide

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm going to check if my local library has it. :laugh: Thanks for the info. :flowerforyou:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    I bought this book a couple of years ago when it first came out. I have many different books on this subject! I have yet to follow one to a T but I can say that I get some knowledge and insight from every single one of them. I'm hoping that by taking a little bit of this book and a little bit of that book will eventually get me on the straight and narrow when it comes to living healthfully!

Anyway, I recommend this book. I learned a bunch and it was through this book and exploring the emotional side of eating that I FINALLY had my "aha moment" about why I gained 50 pounds in less than a year. I remember the moment of realization well. And from that moment on, I lost half of what I had gained with ease... now I'm just working on the last half!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I'm going to check if my local library has it. :laugh: Thanks for the info. :flowerforyou:
    tee hee hee... Me too Alf, I'm a library girl first then I get sold on the book and then check out amazon then the bookstore if need be.:blushing:

Glad I'm not the only library girl here:laugh: The bummer on that is when you really get into it , dang it's time to renew and if to many folks have heard great things about a particular book, it's not renewable for a time, so that's the only drawback. But using that method is GREAT for finding out if it's the book for you (me:laugh: )

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    I was more affected by the other parts of the book. The emotional eating and the ways to choose alternate activities to turn you away from habitual or emotional eating. I need to dig my book back out to reread and see if I can glean some more pearls of wisdom from Dr. Phil!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    This too is what I look for in books Amy:flowerforyou: :wink: It's usually what I flip to first when finding an interesting book.....

• sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    i bought the biggest loser cook book got it at rodale and can make payments on them as well.
  • Fitness_Chick
    NO but I was SO close to trying out the new biggest loser family cook book. I am still thinking about it.
    Is there now 3 BL cookbooks out? The original, then a 2nd one and now a family one as well?

I had found the BL book clearanced out at a grocery store for a mere couple of $'s so couldn't pass that up! I found it has some awesome recipes in the back to try out. SO it got me wondering about the other cookbooks as well. I did get one from the library and it sounded like some great ideas, simple, tasty, healthy and some more complex ones as well for those who like that type. Seems to cover a lot of variety.

Have you checked Amazon? Not sure if the one you're referring to being interested in is a brand new one or something you might find used?

Good Luck, looking forward to hearing how you like it if you go that route:bigsmile:

• Fitness_Chick
    i bought the biggest loser cook book got it at rodale and can make payments on them as well.
    You enjoy it pretty well?:flowerforyou:
  • Hello and welcome to this forum. It is nice to see such an interest :bigsmile:

In addition, I have been reviewing so much information on line about this book. For those of you who are interested in the challenge but do not have the book. This link defines the 7 keys in detail. It also links you to healthy recipes, samples of exercise programs, questioners for emotional eating and environment test, Healthy Fast Food Dining, High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition, How to Really Read a Label, Surviving Your Sweets Cravings Staying in the High Response Cost, High Yield Zone and much more. The more links that you open the more knowledgeable you become. Have fun exploring :happy:

I am so excited I just had to share. Let me know what you think and what your plans are and if you want to get involved in the challenge. We can do this together.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/472
  • sassyredgirl
    Yes im enjoying the book i actually bought the 3 of them. Alot of useful info plus just bought 30 day shred too. I would be up for any challenge the more people the better maybe we can all help and motivate each other. :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Thanks Sweet that is a great link!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Hello and welcome to this forum. It is nice to see such an interest :bigsmile:

In addition, I have been reviewing so much information on line about this book. For those of you who are interested in the challenge but do not have the book. This link defines the 7 keys in detail. It also links you to healthy recipes, samples of exercise programs, questioners for emotional eating and environment test, Healthy Fast Food Dining, High-Response Cost, High-Yield Nutrition, How to Really Read a Label, Surviving Your Sweets Cravings Staying in the High Response Cost, High Yield Zone and much more. The more links that you open the more knowledgeable you become. Have fun exploring :happy:

I am so excited I just had to share. Let me know what you think and what your plans are and if you want to get involved in the challenge. We can do this together.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/472

Thank you! I am still waiting...but ready to start the challenge when you want!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    tee hee hee... Me too Alf, I'm a library girl first then I get sold on the book and then check out amazon then the bookstore if need be.:blushing:

Glad I'm not the only library girl here:laugh: The bummer on that is when you really get into it , dang it's time to renew and if to many folks have heard great things about a particular book, it's not renewable for a time, so that's the only drawback. But using that method is GREAT for finding out if it's the book for you (me:laugh: )

Oh yes girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: I don't like wasting my money. If the library does not have a particular book I just go to Barnes and Noble get myself a skinny latte at Starbucks and sit down and read the book :laugh: :laugh: hey, if they let you do it, why not?? If I see that it is worth buying then I buy it. I also check out exercise videos at the library. :flowerforyou:
  • sassyredgirl
    i didnt even think about the videos at the library i just bought the jillian michaels 30 day shred but havent started it yet. Have to get some hand weights and trying to figure when to do it i also have the my fitness coach for wii too but already attend the gym daily so just trying to figure where to put everything lol:laugh:
  • Hi every one. I am sorry if I have not been on to much we had a death in our family and have been grieving our loss. I am looking forward on starting this challenge. I think I will be starting the second Monday of March after my family members have returned home. Please let me know how everyone is doing and if any one started the challenge yet? If not will you like to start it together and keep daily accountability?

P.s. Thank you everyone for sharing your ideas:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • astarte09
    I am soo sorry to hear that. I will be ready to start whenever you want. I got my book just a few days ago. I know I wont do well on this challenge because 3/21 is my bday, and I am going to have a good time! But it should be fun anyways
  • Well happy early birthday Astarte:flowerforyou: I am sure we can think of something. My DH b-day is on the 28th so I know what you mean but give me time to think and maybe we will all come up with something good. I know all we need is 14 days straight so let’s see what happens. I will try to post again after my family leaves back home. Take care everyone and let me know if any body has any good ideas..:drinker:
  • O.k. my family has left. It was a sad time for all of us:cry: but I am ready to start next week if you are ready. :happy: Let me know...:drinker:
  • astarte09
    Thank you. And I am ready..
  • GRATE.:bigsmile: I WILL JUST WAIT ON Jackie SO THAT WE CAN START TOGETHER AND HOLD EACH OTHER UP AND SHARE IDEAS.

DO YOU HAVE ANY YET?:drinker:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    I am so sorry that I haven't gotten back with you. I am ready to start say Monday? I know this isn't going to be easy. But anything is worth a try. Let me know if Monday is good!!
This discussion has been closed.