Best random advice you've ever been givin

Options

Replies

• JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Chill The Fvck Out.

Sometimes the most simple of statements can impact me so much!

^^^^^^^^ this times a bajillion. if had a penny for every time ive had to restrain myself from saying this to somebody...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    My best friend always told me not to have sex with somebody if they didn't have books in their house.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Don't put yourself on the Clearance Rack.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    My best friend always told me not to have sex with somebody if they didn't have books in their house.

*LMAO* I'd still be a virgin...
  • odusgolp
    Options
    dignified.png

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Listen with your eyes.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    People always show their true self, you just have to look for it.

That isn't it word-for-word, but, it is true...if a guy has an anger problem when you are casual--how bad is it going to be in 5 years? Things typically get worse, not better. <--hard lesson learned.

So true for me too, very hard lesson indeed
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    "Overcome fear, behold wonder.”
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    its not about winning the argument, its about believing in yourself, and once you can do that and stand up for yourself, you've already won.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    "Fold, don't crumple." -Mom :D
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your neck.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When my son was a toddler I was whining to my friend about how I never had time to keep my house clean since I work full time and commute an hour each way to work. She said, you'll never look back no your life and say, 'I wish I had spent more time cleaning." Now, sometimes I want to lean on this and completely ignore the pile of dishes in the sink, but it has made me realize that playing with my son and getting fit are far more important than what people think of the messy piles in my house!
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    If you don't go for it, you won't get it.
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    ~You can not control someones actions but you can control your reactions,

~If they are dumb enough to walk away, then be smart enough to let them.

~ Keep your head towards the sunshine & you may never see your shadows.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No man is ever worth your tears and the one that is should never make you cry.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Over-analysis causes paralysis
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    From my mom:
    - If you're going to talk *kitten* about someone be honest enough to admit to it if they confront you over it. Otherwise don't say it.

From my best friend:
    - You can catch more flies with honey.

Not that I want to catch flies, but I used to be such a little b!tch to people I didn't know (for various reasons). She said "He might be an ugly guy who's hitting on you right now, but you never know whose help you're going to need some day." I didn't take that advice right away 'cause we were like 18 then. But not too long after that, I started to be cool with everyone I meet and just be real with people, treating them like they're human instead of something I have the displeasure of dealing with. So I find that most of my interactions with people are regularly pleasant (not in the fake way) and that people are very willing to help me out when I need them to - small or large favors. Most people like me.

I think her 18 year-old advice was the best I ever received. I told her about this the other night. The waiter gave me us several free drinks. :bigsmile:

(I should probably clarify: I'm nice to people because I want to be, not because they'll do me a favor now and then. I do people favors as well.)
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything you don't want to see on the front page of the newspaper.

Actions speak louder than words.

Don't try, just do.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    From my mom:
    - If you're going to talk *kitten* about someone be honest enough to admit to it if they confront you over it. Otherwise don't say it.

From my best friend:
    - You can catch more flies with honey.

Not that I want to catch flies, but I used to be such a little b!tch to people I didn't know (for various reasons). She said "He might be an ugly guy who's hitting on you right now, but you never know whose help you're going to need some day." I didn't take that advice right away 'cause we were like 18 then. But not too long after that, I started to be cool with everyone I meet and just be real with people, treating them like they're human instead of something I have the displeasure of dealing with. So I find that most of my interactions with people are regularly pleasant (not in the fake way) and that people are very willing to help me out when I need them to - small or large favors. Most people like me.

I think her 18 year-old advice was the best I ever received. I told her about this the other night. The waiter gave me us several free drinks. :bigsmile:

Best summed up by 'don't burn your bridges'? Lol