Day 1 of HCG

Options
Today is my 1st day of Phase 2 on the HCG Diet. So far not to bad...I got a little hunrgy around 3 and started to feel a little tired. But, I ended up eating my apple and drinking some water.

Phase 1 was literally gorging youself with high fatty foods...which doesn't sound hard does it?! Well it surprisingly was hard to do this. Between Burger Kind, McDonalds, fried chicken, candy...all it did was make you want to not eat for a long time! I felt so disgusting after doing this for 3 days.

But here I am now only eating 500 calories per day for the next 23 days. Which after the 23rd day will will bump our calories back up to the normal range and omit carbs for 3 weeks, as well as get back into the gym. I am only doing this to get a jump start on my weight loss.

Has anyone else gone the liquid HCG drops under the tongue? If so please let me know your struggles and outcome of it.

Thanks!! :-)

Deanna

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Since you have already decided to do it (even if it is unhealthy)

Go to this thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/378613-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My friend has lost about 23 lbs. in a month on HCG. She can certainly do it and has gotten results. I wouldn't be able to do that though... 500 calories is too low.
  • bangingbanana
    Options
    That sounds ridiculously unhealthy. But if its what works for you then its worth more than something that doesnt.. obviously. Good luck!
  • blondski
    blondski Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did the injections. Lost weight....40 pounds! they all came back. Counting calories now and it is much easier....may not be as fast, but I am not as cranky.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Do you think that if you only ate 500 calories per day, you'd lose drastic amounts of weight anyway? I don't understand the purpose of pregnancy hormones. My cousin did HCG for 6 weeks and only lost 8lb. She lost 4 more pounds when she went off of it and continued to restrict her calories. I could give you a meal plan that involves nutrient-dense foods and starvation for half the cost of HCG.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    question. do you go straight from eating 500 cals a day right to say 1200 or so?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Do you think that if you only ate 500 calories per day, you'd lose drastic amounts of weight anyway? I don't understand the purpose of pregnancy hormones. My cousin did HCG for 6 weeks and only lost 8lb. She lost 4 more pounds when she went off of it and continued to restrict her calories. I could give you a meal plan that involves nutrient-dense foods and starvation for half the cost of HCG.

It's snake oil essentially. All scientific studies have shown the HCG has absolutely zero effect on anything, but people are lulled into believing shiny marketing. Losing weight is because of the insane calorie restriction, but people can't make money off of that, so they peddle the snake oil as the reason it works instead.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I thought the idea behind the drops was they are an appetite suppressant? So why are people feeling hungry and cranky?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I know you have already started this program, but please reconsider... it seems as though you are not yet in the right headspace to make a change for the sake of a healthier lifestyle, but like so many in need of a quick win to maintain your motivation.

Most of us have been there, but in the end all the people who are truly successful realise that this there is no quick fix, use the tools at your disposal with MFP and log your food and excercise in a healthy way.

If nothing else, have a read through the forums here about what happens when you have a calorie intake that is too low and send your body intop starvation mode. You will lose weight on this phase of the program, but as soon as you go back to eating regularly your body will want to store all your food as fat.

I REALLY do understand your tremptation for the quick win, but please reconsider.
  • DeeTaylor2006
    Options
    Wow...I can't get over the negitive replies! I would NOT being doing this if...

1. It wasn't OK by doctor (I also work for a doctor as well)
    "Dr. A.T. Simeons, an English physician specializing in treating overweight patients, noticed that human chorionic gonadotropin mobilized abnormal fat in patients that were taking it for other conditions. After much research it was discovered that HCG corrects a poorly functioning hypothalamus gland so it can control your appetite and burn 2000 calories from the abnormal fat reserves. As the abnormal reserves are released, patients lose weight, the body reshapes itself and as a pleasant side benefit, often the energy, blood pressure, blood sugar and metabolism are restored to normal. Consequently, besides losing weight, migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, immunological and endocrinological conditions have reduced in intensity or disappeared."

"The HCG then takes abnormal fat that has been stored and changes it into an energy that the body can use. This is equal to burning 200 or more calories in a day. Continuous dieting or yo-yo dieting damages the body's natural ability to regulate weight. HCG stimulates the part of the brain that regulates weight and works to restore this ability. This prevents regaining the weight that is lost. As HCG makes the stored abnormal fat available for consumption, the body starts using the fat to live off of. The fat is now providing a source of energy similar to the energy provided by food consumption. Patients are instructed to consume no more than 500 calories from food intake per day. Because the abnormal fat has been turned into energy, the reduced calorie intake is not noticed, and hunger is not a side effect. The new energy source is equal to 3,500 calories being consumed on a daily basis.
    For the process to work, the individual must stay on a strict diet and remain under medical supervision. While about one pound of weight is lost per day, the weight loss does not always happen in an even manner." -EHOW.COM

2. I didn't know anyone who did it before
    *I have over 5 friends who have done this and lost their weight and they have all kept it off (some over a year now)

3. I had to do 500 calories for a long period of time (3 weeks is not long, besides it is no different than fasting),
    * The key is to slowly build your calorie level back up to a "normal" level

4. It had any type of human hormone in it (mine 100% hormone free)

5. I thought this was a quick "win"/way to lose weight (I am simpling using it to get a jump start on weight loss and I know there is
    not a quick solution regarding losing weight)

I am not knocking anyone elses diet/way to lose weight, so please if you do not have anything positive to say then don't reply. I have done my research on this and all I simply asked for was advice not negitive feedback. To each its own!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

HCG is a very hot subject on MFP.

I gave you the link to a support thread.

I just said that it is unhealthy.
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

It's snake oil essentially. All scientific studies have shown the HCG has absolutely zero effect on anything, but people are lulled into believing shiny marketing. Losing weight is because of the insane calorie restriction, but people can't make money off of that, so they peddle the snake oil as the reason it works instead.

This^^^
  • justme84x
    Options
    I dont care how much weight I could lose on HCG my body likes nutrients and 500 calories means my body would pull energy from my muscles and I am not willing to lose them just to make the number on the scale go down...I'll wait and lose it right!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

5. I

okay now i am confused.

Human chorionic gonadotropin or human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone produced during pregnancy that is made by the developing embryo after conception and later by the syncytiotrophoblast (part of the placenta)

so what are you taking ??? water???
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    idgaf what you do. Just please don't try to implore anyone else to do it.
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options

5. I

okay now i am confused.

Human chorionic gonadotropin or human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone produced during pregnancy that is made by the developing embryo after conception and later by the syncytiotrophoblast (part of the placenta)

so what are you taking ??? water???

Probably since that's all homeopathic HCG is.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

1. It wasn't OK by doctor (I also work for a doctor as well)
    "Dr. A.T. Simeons, an English physician specializing in treating overweight patients, noticed that human chorionic gonadotropin mobilized abnormal fat in patients that were taking it for other conditions. After much research it was discovered that HCG corrects a poorly functioning hypothalamus gland so it can control your appetite and burn 2000 calories from the abnormal fat reserves. As the abnormal reserves are released, patients lose weight, the body reshapes itself and as a pleasant side benefit, often the energy, blood pressure, blood sugar and metabolism are restored to normal. Consequently, besides losing weight, migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, immunological and endocrinological conditions have reduced in intensity or disappeared."

"The HCG then takes abnormal fat that has been stored and changes it into an energy that the body can use. This is equal to burning 200 or more calories in a day. Continuous dieting or yo-yo dieting damages the body's natural ability to regulate weight. HCG stimulates the part of the brain that regulates weight and works to restore this ability. This prevents regaining the weight that is lost. As HCG makes the stored abnormal fat available for consumption, the body starts using the fat to live off of. The fat is now providing a source of energy similar to the energy provided by food consumption. Patients are instructed to consume no more than 500 calories from food intake per day. Because the abnormal fat has been turned into energy, the reduced calorie intake is not noticed, and hunger is not a side effect. The new energy source is equal to 3,500 calories being consumed on a daily basis.
    For the process to work, the individual must stay on a strict diet and remain under medical supervision. While about one pound of weight is lost per day, the weight loss does not always happen in an even manner." -EHOW.COM

2. I didn't know anyone who did it before
    *I have over 5 friends who have done this and lost their weight and they have all kept it off (some over a year now)

3. I had to do 500 calories for a long period of time (3 weeks is not long, besides it is no different than fasting),
    * The key is to slowly build your calorie level back up to a "normal" level

5. I thought this was a quick "win"/way to lose weight (I am simpling using it to get a jump start on weight loss and I know there is
    not a quick solution regarding losing weight)

I am not knocking anyone elses diet/way to lose weight, so please if you do not have anything positive to say then don't reply. I have done my research on this and all I simply asked for was advice not negitive feedback. To each its own!

May I ask your source. I am seriously interested.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    .........already overly emotional, I see.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Im doing the HCG diet right now too, but instead of 500 calories Im doing ZERO
This discussion has been closed.