Day 1 of HCG

Options

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    So you gorge and then you starve? Sounds like an eating disorder not a healthy diet. JMO though

again with the negativity... wow you really have nothing nothing nice to say. I feel sorry for you. you go ahead and do what you think is best. But I have BEEN THERE DONE that and to be quite honest this diet works and it beats bariatric surgery. talk to me in 6 months when I am at my weight loss goal.

You obviously haven't been there and done that if you think this diet is best.

There is no diet or quick fix.. hard work and dedication is what takes off and keeps the weight off.

I'd love to see what you look like in 6 months.. cause I bet it's not going to be anything like you think.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    So you gorge and then you starve? Sounds like an eating disorder not a healthy diet. JMO though

again with the negativity... wow you really have nothing nothing nice to say. I feel sorry for you. you go ahead and do what you think is best. But I have BEEN THERE DONE that and to be quite honest this diet works and it beats bariatric surgery. talk to me in 6 months when I am at my weight loss goal.

If you have been there and done that, why are you starting another weight loss goal? Not being negative, just curious.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    yes, it was productive. Let me break it down for you, don't bash someone elses way of losing weight, that she probably hasnt done research on, because she was being attacked.

if its not productive.....don't respond. :flowerforyou:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    It was a general statement not directed to anyone in particular.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    It was a general statement not directed to anyone in particular.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    I simply don't respond to negativity. I don't allow it in my life.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    My biggest problem with HCG isn't the metabolism, or the eating. Those are issues, but are correctable. It's the fact you are cannibalizing your muscle mass. I don't know why men especially would want to do it. The problem with the low calorie and the low exercise is you will lose 20-30% muscle mass as you are burning the weight off. You can't take a lot of supplements either because that alone is easily 100 cals by the time you are said and done. Losing the muscle then results in less fat loss.

If your end goal is HCG it'll get you there, if you end goal is health and to be cut, unless you are trying to lose just a little body fat it's going to reverse that. I know no matter what you are going to lose some muscle while cutting. It's just part of it. You can do things to slow the loss down and gain to help negate it, but you aren't going to bulk while cutting. From what I've always read and even asked a health store that sells HCG, the muscle mass lost is the big killer for me. It makes it harder to not put weight back on when you go to normal eating because you aren't burning as many calories and etc. The metabolism can be brought back to normal and I noticed the HCG diet says to slowly increase your calories back up to normal, which shows if you are following it you slowly bring your metabolism back in line.

People can lose weight how they want, its your body. You have to decide what you want to do to it. I don't agree with the bariatric, lapband, hcg, and other diets. That is me though, others have to make their choice. The thing you have to remember is your choice results in your consequences. Anything not followed correctly can have very bad consequences. Not just HCG. Bariatric patients that eat too much can tear the staples and cause a lot of health problems, the acid reflux some get can tear up the throats. It's not a perfect diet plan either. None is, you have to find the way and path for you. There is 1000's of roads to follow but usually only a couple will you enjoy the scenery and everyone has a different opinion on what is beautiful.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options
    I promise i wasnt trying to be negative either. The funny thing about these forums is you can read any statement however you want. I wasnt trying to attack you either. Two wrongs dont make a right. Just trying to show her how she didnt like what others were doing but then she began to do it too. :(
    I simply don't respond to negativity. I don't allow it in my life.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello, my husband and I both started the HCG fusion drops in April he has lost 97 lbs. and I have lost 78 lbs. and continue to loose. We stick to the original diet in "Pounds and Inches". The first few days of the very low cal diet are hard but it does get easier. By the end of my cycle I am usually not even hungry I just eat because I have to. Do not pay attention to all of the negativity that some people are posting. The HCG diet is proven to be effective and has worked for numerous people I know who have kept the weight off even after the diet. If u need any support just contact me. I am a pro at this... currently on my 4th cycle. :)

I am very glad you lost a lot of weight, but how much body fat did you lose or muscle for that matter of fat. Weight doesn't determine if you are healthy. I have attached a thread where a woman actually tracked her body fat before and after HCG. She lost 30 ish pounds, 50% of that was muscle deterioration. Muscle loss has huge effects on a body. Slower metabolism, less insulin control, weaker immune system, etc... Also the 500 calories will reduce brain function, slow or harm organ function, etc.. There is a reason we don't support this fad, it's not that you don't lose weight, its losing that weight can come at a high cost. These symptoms are even greater as a woman because it can have effect on a woman's cycle and reproductive organs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356410-hcg-diet
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    Options
    this was a well stated post. I see these effects in my dad and brother in law. They are weak, tired and seem like they are afraid to eat because they gain so quickly.

Sorry for the typos..typing from phone and totally bored at work today.
    Hello, my husband and I both started the HCG fusion drops in April he has lost 97 lbs. and I have lost 78 lbs. and continue to loose. We stick to the original diet in "Pounds and Inches". The first few days of the very low cal diet are hard but it does get easier. By the end of my cycle I am usually not even hungry I just eat because I have to. Do not pay attention to all of the negativity that some people are posting. The HCG diet is proven to be effective and has worked for numerous people I know who have kept the weight off even after the diet. If u need any support just contact me. I am a pro at this... currently on my 4th cycle. :)

I am very glad you lost a lot of weight, but how much body fat did you lose or muscle for that matter of fat. Weight doesn't determine if you are healthy. I have attached a thread where a woman actually tracked her body fat before and after HCG. She lost 30 ish pounds, 50% of that was muscle deterioration. Muscle loss has huge effects on a body. Slower metabolism, less insulin control, weaker immune system, etc... Also the 500 calories will reduce brain function, slow or harm organ function, etc.. There is a reason we don't support this fad, it's not that you don't lose weight, its losing that weight can come at a high cost. These symptoms are even greater as a woman because it can have effect on a woman's cycle and reproductive organs.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356410-hcg-diet
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I have lost all my 112 lbs on HCG in 4 rounds, the drops. Keep in mind if you are taking the drops you need to take twice as much as a person would take if they were doing the shots, so 3 ml/ day. If you don't take enough you will stave and feel hungry because it releases an enzyme that digests abnormal fat only to feed the body. It is not an appetite suppressant.

Also there is a difference between feeling your stomach is empty and hunger, notice the difference. The first two week you should feel like your body is still looking for food from your stomach, because that is how it is used to getting it's nutrition. While on HCG on the other hand the main source of nutrition shifts to the abnormal fat reserves instead.
    On the third week you should feel fine and can eat all 500 calories without any trouble.
    After the third week you will start feel too full. That is because your body has adjusted to getting its main food source from the abnormal fat reserve and is understanding that the body is not starving. During this time it is important not to skip you protein and veg. If you need to you can skip the melba toast and the fruit although not recommended.

Good luck and remember it is temporary and not worth doing any of the cheats, any cheat you do will have an effect on your ability to retain the weight loss after you are done.
  • christieinfante
    Options
    Honestly I do not think it is safe either. Did you ask your "Doctor" 1st?
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I noticed the above thread talking about muscle loss, if the diet is done properly. Meaning the dosage is proper and that person has enough abnormal fat. They should not starve or loose muscle. My fat % is 24% and I weigh 172 lbs wearing a size 8 us jean.

How you find out if you have enough abnormal fat is you get your body fat % measured, if it is in the normal range regardless of your weight then you do not have enough fat reserve and this diet is not for you at all even if you are in the high normal range.

I hope this helps.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I noticed the above thread talking about muscle loss, if the diet is done properly. Meaning the dosage is proper and that person has enough abnormal fat. They should not starve or loose muscle. My fat % is 24% and I weigh 172 lbs wearing a size 8 us jean.

How you find out if you have enough abnormal fat is you get your body fat % measured, if it is in the normal range regardless of your weight then you do not have enough fat reserve and this diet is not for you at all even if you are in the high normal range.

I hope this helps.

You will always lose muscle when you lose fat. That is part of how your body burns. You can't cut without losing muscle. You can do things to negate it but just dieting you will lose muscle. Your body fat % will go down of course as you lose more fat, but you still lose muscle mass, and you don't have the caloric intake capabilities to load up on feeding your muscles if you lift a lot to counter it. If you do the HCG, or in fact any diet that doesn't have a weight routine or high resist of some sort you will most likely lose muscle as well as fat. That is why you see body builders gain weight then cut it to gain muscle mass. I'm not overly worried about my number on the scale as much as my body fat % anymore. I'm currently at 28.96% body fat down from 36%. I'd like to get to around 10%. It all depends on what you are wanting in the end. To call yourself a pro you should have been well versed in that you lose muscle as well as fat. No matter how you do the diet, if you are just dieting you will lose muscle.

The best quote I always heard about muscles and dieting..."You either use them or lose them."
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I am sorry I didn't post my results:
    final weight: 171 lb
    height: 5'4"
    Fat %: 24%
    chest: 38", 36D did not change from start weight 283lbs
    waist: 26"
    hip: 38"

# of calories eaten on average since being off HCG 2100
    current weight 172.

I followed it to a T and these are my results. After the VLCD part is over your metabolism will adjust to what you are supposed to be eating according to your BMR and activity level.

Please see below pics start weight 283 lbs size 24 us pant 08/2010:
    DSCN01241.jpg
    DSCN0072.jpg

These photos were taking this month weight 172lbs size 8 us pant:
    IMG_00281.jpg
    IMG_00311.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg

Good luck and it is worth it to stick to it.
  • teagin2002
    Options

I hope this helps.

You will always lose muscle when you lose fat. That is part of how your body burns. You can't cut without losing muscle. You can do things to negate it but just dieting you will lose muscle. Your body fat % will go down of course as you lose more fat, but you still lose muscle mass, and you don't have the caloric intake capabilities to load up on feeding your muscles if you lift a lot to counter it. If you do the HCG, or in fact any diet that doesn't have a weight routine or high resist of some sort you will most likely lose muscle as well as fat. That is why you see body builders gain weight then cut it to gain muscle mass. I'm not overly worried about my number on the scale as much as my body fat % anymore. I'm currently at 28.96% body fat down from 36%. I'd like to get to around 10%. It all depends on what you are wanting in the end. To call yourself a pro you should have been well versed in that you lose muscle as well as fat. No matter how you do the diet, if you are just dieting you will lose muscle.

The best quote I always heard about muscles and dieting..."You either use them or lose them."

Interesting how you you take what I said as no muscle loss. The HCG does not cause the body to digest muscle or loose muscle, there is a difference in the wording.

It seems you are just trying to attack this diet, please allow people to post their experiences in a safe environment. If you have questions please ask but don't put words in other people's mouths.

And keep in mind I do not sell or distribute anything, just a person with 112 lbs of weight loss and 110 lbs kept off experience.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

I hope this helps.

Interesting how you you take what I said as no muscle loss. The HCG does not cause the body to digest muscle or loose muscle, there is a difference in the wording.

It seems you are just trying to attack this diet, please allow people to post their experiences in a safe environment. If you have questions please ask but don't put words in other people's mouths.

I would like to know where you are getting this information? Because low calorie diets (regardless of taking a pill or drops) will cause the body to catalyze muscle for energy. I would like to ask what was your starting weight and body fat? Telling me your current weight/body fat won't allow me to analyze the true impact. Additionally, how was your body fat measured? Scale... skin fold, etc...?
  • teagin2002
    Options

I would like to know where you are getting this information? Because low calorie diets (regardless of taking a pill or drops) will cause the body to catalyze muscle for energy. I would like to ask what was your starting weight and body fat? Telling me your current weight/body fat won't allow me to analyze the true impact. Additionally, how was your body fat measured? Scale... skin fold, etc...?

This is my personal experience, my body fat percentage is being measured by my family practitioner with an electronic devise. He did not sell me the HCG and did not support the decision but followed my progress to see if I am putting myself at risk. Because every time I took my blood test my nutrition levels were normal he allowed me to stay on it while he continued to watch over my progress.

Anyway, again please allow people to share their own weight loss experiences in a safe environment.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

I hope this helps.

And keep in mind I do not sell or distribute anything, just a person with 112 lbs of weight loss and 110 lbs kept off experience.

You said on the diet if followed properly you wouldn't lose muscle. I was calling out the inaccuracy in that statement. That isn't putting words in your mouth, I posted that is the reason I don't like diets alone and my opinion on it. I wasn't directly attacking the HCG diet as I stated all diets suffer from that.

Your pictures that you posted show what I mean. Look at the before and after pictures, you've not gained any tone at all in the arms, shoulders, and calves from the images. If you aren't looking for toned that is fine. I just stated that in the end I don't want to be skinny if all it gets me is an easier shopping experience in the mall.

This is a messageboard and should be allowed to have both sides. People need to know that if you diet alone, not even HCG is going to stop you from being skinny fat when you are done. That is the point that was coming across.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    Please keep in mind I did say should and not would, there is a difference.

I agree with you on tone, and skin. You will definitely have to tone up by working out after you are don't with the diet, this diet is not for gaining muscle mass or toning. If that is what you want then you will have to do it either after the diet is over or do something else.

take care :smile:
This discussion has been closed.