Day 1 of HCG

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    wow, I am sorry but you come off like a very angry person I don't know if it is true. Why don't you have an apple that usually cheers me up.
    sorry forgot the lol afterwards but once i get the data i can easily prove why i keep asking for it and the affects on your metabolism.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    PS- Will someone for the love of dog, please give me body fat and weight before and after numbers. I will very easy so immediate affects to metabolism very easily.

I started at 36.8% (according to Dr. with the fat pinchers, my omrom thingie said 39%) I'm at 26-28% depending on device/calibers/fat tester thing. It's been 91 days. I didn't use HCG though.
    what about your weights at those reading. But unfortunately i ned someone that did hcg. Its to prove a huge metabolic decrease and muscle loss.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I thought this was supposed to be a place you can go to find support and alk to people who like yourself want to lose weight, not to bash someones way of doing so. I have had nothing but support from people on MFP, it is discouraging to see people being so negative towards someone. Are we trying to push her away from asking for any kind of support?

Because it is NOT healthy. Would you support someone on here who said, "I want to have an eating disorder"? Because that is what eating 500 calories a day is! MFP does not support unhealthy dieting habits.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I wanted to make sure to post some of my pics up here, since HCG has been such a success for me;
    I wore make up this time, but that's it.

start weight 283lbs, jean size 24 US, 08/2010.
    End weight 172lbs, jean size 8 US, today
    chest: 38
    waist 26
    hip 38
    height 5'4"

_DSC0536.jpg
    _DSC0528.jpg
    _DSC0521.jpg
    _DSC0519.jpg
    _DSC0513.jpg

2 weeks ago:

IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_00321.jpg
    IMG_00311.jpg
    IMG_00281.jpg

I am 183 lbs, 9/2011 :
    IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg

I was 207 lbs, 5/2011
    IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg

I was 245 lb, 01/2011 (same blue dress)
    _DSC0063.jpg
    _DSC0065.jpg
    _DSC0066.jpg

I was 283 lb , 08/2010.
    DSCN01241.jpg
    DSCN0072.jpg
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I don't sell anything, and I don't distribute anything at all, I am just sharing my story and I am very proud of my ending!
  • teagin2002
    Options
    wow, I am sorry but you come off like a very angry person I don't know if it is true. Why don't you have an apple that usually cheers me up.
    sorry forgot the lol afterwards but once i get the data i can easily prove why i keep asking for it and the affects on your metabolism.

I am happy to help,
    I started out with a fat % of 43% my weight was 283, now my fat % is 24% and I weigh 172 and keep in mind I have a very large frame. Does that help?
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    So, you starved yourself down to the weight you are now by eating only 500 calories a day for X number of weeks

You must have a good constitution to be able to tolerate that level of starvation for such long periods of time and not pass out. That is ALL you proved by posting those photos

It proved nothing about the Simeons HCG protocol, which all reliable scientific studies have proven to have no value whatsoever.,

If anyone has not seen them yet, here's a few links with the info about the scientific studies that say HCG is worthless as a weight loss aid

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-hcg-for-weight-loss

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

http://www.tucsonmedical.com/pages/hcg.php
  • teagin2002
    Options
    So, you starved yourself down to the weight you are now by eating only 500 calories a day for X number of weeks

You must have a good constitution to be able to tolerate that level of starvation for such long periods of time and not pass out. That is ALL you proved by posting those photos

It proved nothing about the Simeons HCG protocol, which all reliable scientific studies have proven to have no value whatsoever.,

If anyone has not seen them yet, here's a few links with the info about the scientific studies that say HCG is worthless as a weight loss aid

I think I look well endowed and according to my doctor perfectly healthy, do you think I look starved?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

I think I look well endowed and according to my doctor perfectly healthy, do you think I look starved?

Honest opinion you looked great in the 207lb pics. You should keep that outfit, looks good on you. Current pics are good too, but just saying honest opinion!
  • morales08
    Options
    Amen! I was lighter but def CRANKY!!!
  • teagin2002
    Options
    Honest opinion you looked great in the 207lb pics. You should keep that outfit, looks good on you. Current pics are good too, but just saying honest opinion!

lol, a white guy that like big buttes. I knew you guys were out there, just didn't know where.
  • antoninamae
    antoninamae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So you gorge and then you starve? Sounds like an eating disorder not a healthy diet. JMO though

again with the negativity... wow you really have nothing nothing nice to say. I feel sorry for you. you go ahead and do what you think is best. But I have BEEN THERE DONE that and to be quite honest this diet works and it beats bariatric surgery. talk to me in 6 months when I am at my weight loss goal.

You obviously haven't been there and done that if you think this diet is best.

There is no diet or quick fix.. hard work and dedication is what takes off and keeps the weight off.

I'd love to see what you look like in 6 months.. cause I bet it's not going to be anything like you think.

funny how i started in april and an down 78 lbs .... past your 6 months. also i have numerous friends who have completed the diet and have maintained well beyond 6 months.
  • antoninamae
    antoninamae Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    wow! You dont want people to be negative but then go and say your diet is better than bariatric surgery. Sounds like you are using more marketing terminology. That was absolutely uncalled for. i had gastric bypass surgery 5 years ago and praise it too, but i didnt knock your diet.

So you gorge and then you starve? Sounds like an eating disorder not a healthy diet. JMO though

again with the negativity... wow you really have nothing nothing nice to say. I feel sorry for you. you go ahead and do what you think is best. But I have BEEN THERE DONE that and to be quite honest this diet works and it beats bariatric surgery. talk to me in 6 months when I am at my weight loss goal.

I was not bashing bariatric surgery at all the truth is that the risk of bariatric surgery is way worse than the risk of the HCG diet. Worse case with HCG you gain the weigh back... risk of bariatric surgery can be death.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to attack or say anything bad, but I've done research in the past on studies that looked at HCG. NONE of them found the hormone effective for weight loss...it was the 500 calories per day that made people lose weight.

Save your money...and just do the diet part and not the drops or injections :)
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Actually, people can develop long term health problems from doing the HCG diet, so there is a risk for more than gaining the weight back.

Any starvation diet can put your health at risk.

http://factoidz.com/the-health-risks-of-the-hcg-diet/
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Comprehensive evidence about how HCG and VLCD are dangerous, and only prescribed for the morbidly obese.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet
  • psuLemon
    Options

I am happy to help,
    I started out with a fat % of 43% my weight was 283, now my fat % is 24% and I weigh 172 and keep in mind I have a very large frame. Does that help?

Thank you very much..

LBM = Weight - (weight x body fat)

Starting = 283 - (283 * .43) = 161
    Current = 172 - (172 *.24) = 131

BMR = 370+(9.79759519*LBM)

Starting BMR = 370+(9.79759519*161) = 1950
    Ending BMR = 370+(9.79759519*131) = 1650

You lost 30 lbs of muscle during your journey. There is zero disputing that. That is a 20% loss of muscle in your journey so far and a 16% reduction in your metabolism. My question is, don't you see that as a problem? I understand maintaining musle mass is difficult when you have a lot to lose and overall, at some point you might lose some but 20% and on top of that, a 16% reduction in metabolism? Something to think about.

Now here is my story, I eat 2600 calories (actually 2800-3000 now) I started at 18% body fat @ 210 lbs, I am at 11% body fat now @ 195.

Starting = 210 - (210 * .18) = 172
    Current = 195 - (195 * .11) = 173

I have lost several inches around my body, I have lost weight but still maintain muscle mass. That is why huge deficits dont' work. That is why HCG is not great for you. Muscle mass is linked to so many items like metabolism, insulin control, organ function, etc...

If this stuff isn't a concern to you, I am amazed, but there is a reason for my madness. Please let the discussion continue.
  • angelapolite
    Options

I am happy to help,

Thank you very much..

LBM = Weight - (weight x body fat)

Starting = 283 - (283 * .43) = 161
    Current = 172 - (172 *.24) = 131

Starting BMR = 370+(9.79759519*161) = 1950
    Ending BMR = 370+(9.79759519*131) = 1650

You lost 30 lbs of muscle during your journey. There is zero disputing that. That is a 20% loss of muscle in your journey so far and a 16% reduction in your metabolism. My question is, don't you see that as a problem? I understand maintaining musle mass is difficult when you have a lot to lose and overall, at some point you might lose some but 20% and on top of that, a 16% reduction in metabolism? Something to think about.

Now here is my story, I eat 2600 calories (actually 2800-3000 now) I started at 18% body fat @ 210 lbs, I am at 11% body fat now @ 195.

Starting = 210 - (210 * .18) = 172
    Current = 195 - (195 * .11) = 173

I have lost several inches around my body, I have lost weight but still maintain muscle mass. That is why huge deficits dont' work. That is why HCG is not great for you. Muscle mass is linked to so many items like metabolism, insulin control, organ function, etc...

If this stuff isn't a concern to you, I am amazed, but there is a reason for my madness. Please let the discussion continue.

EXCELLENT POINT. I did read that you lose TONS of muscle doing this diet. When the weight comes back, it's all fat!
  • kdwatkinspc
    Options
    Well I tried this and it did work. I could not complete it due to 500 calories my sugar bottom out I thought I would end up in the hospital. I was never hungry. To be honest I do plan on trying Dr. Lipmans hcg drops his recommendation is 800 calories. Good luck to you.
  • psuLemon
    Options
This discussion has been closed.