Pet owners

Options

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Horses, rabbits, dogs, cats. Nothing out of the ordinary but I really would like an axelottle or a bearded dragon!

dang it another one i forgot , had a bearded dragon named drake
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    3 dogs at the moment.
    Rayne- JRT
    Heidi- Dachshund
    Grace- JRT/Chihuahua mix

All are rescues. I have owned fish, albino frogs, rats, and a squirrel in the past. I also have worked rescue and taken in plenty of dogs and cats over the years.

@Ireshgurl- THANK YOU! I have a friend that worked with the dogs from Michael Vicks estate and it was amazing that they were still so trusting and loving! I have worked with pits and pit mixes and they are total love bugs. I was at my local dog park today with my doxie and the couple with their dogs in the 'big dog' area asked me if I really wanted to bring her in, as they had a pit and a pit mix. I guess they were used to people being mean or harsh about the breed. I brought Heidi in and she played very nicely with their full blooded pit. I must also say that it was the first pit I had seen that hadn't had it's tail docked or ears cropped...it made me so proud and happy to see that people love their pets the way they are born and not to make them look 'mean'.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I have a 13 year old jack russell, an 11 year old italian grey hound, a skittish orange cat. And we are getting a french bulldog female puppy for Christmas for our daughter.

My mom has a sulcatta tortoise. She rocks.
  • goodmonster
    Options
    We have our ragdoll cat Kruger (true to his name), he's about a year and a half
    and a freaking old red-eared slider named Jurassic.

*edit* also currently boarding a 10 month old Staffordshire Terrier. SUCH a sweet dog!

Being a dog trainer though every day I work with dogs of all shapes and sizes... currently my favorites are a terrier mix and a golden retriever with 3 legs. ;)
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My ticker...Staffordshire Bullterrier called Tessa.Paid a small fortune due to her colour of white.

Few years later the white is now dotty and she looks like a dalmatian.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I've had cats all my life until I moved out of home 2 years ago, now I don't have any pets. I'd love a cat but living in a flat I can't get one. Still have my two cats at my mum's house, 13 year old ginger cats named Tango and Fanta.

A friend of mine has a Chinchilla named Tuck, he is very cute!

My brother was considering buying a kimodo dragon to "keep him company" at uni, because he is a moron. Don't worry, he can't afford one.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    1 Rottweiler
    3 rag dolls
    1 persian
    2 horses

Unfortunately the horses don't live with us. :(
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    A loving rottweiler
    _MG_2978.jpg

And the cat...
    183916_1895383825204_1259827163_2422488_6701558_n.jpg
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    3 dogs at the moment.
    Rayne- JRT
    Heidi- Dachshund
    Grace- JRT/Chihuahua mix

All are rescues. I have owned fish, albino frogs, rats, and a squirrel in the past. I also have worked rescue and taken in plenty of dogs and cats over the years.

@Ireshgurl- THANK YOU! I have a friend that worked with the dogs from Michael Vicks estate and it was amazing that they were still so trusting and loving! I have worked with pits and pit mixes and they are total love bugs. I was at my local dog park today with my doxie and the couple with their dogs in the 'big dog' area asked me if I really wanted to bring her in, as they had a pit and a pit mix. I guess they were used to people being mean or harsh about the breed. I brought Heidi in and she played very nicely with their full blooded pit. I must also say that it was the first pit I had seen that hadn't had it's tail docked or ears cropped...it made me so proud and happy to see that people love their pets the way they are born and not to make them look 'mean'.

i have been a vet tech for over 20 years and have only known two bad pits. the same owner. makes you wonder doesnt it.

most pits are pansy
  • Kayraysmommy2209
    Options
    I live with my parents right now, we have 4 cats, one is mine, she is a domestic short hair and has white and tan spots on her, when she was a kitten she would curl up in my lap and looked like a bowl of peaches and cream (the tan was more like a peach color when she was little) so her name is Peaches and Cream, but we call her Peaches or Peach. The oldest is Pix, he is a white and tan tabby, originally Pixie then found out he was a boy not a girl. He is almost 20lbs and loves walking on the treadmill with my dad. My sisters is the second oldest and she is a multi colored long hair named Florence, she is a kitty with an attitude. And the youngest is a little calico we named Mystique or Misty (what my daughter calls her), she is a little mystery, techincally not ours yet, we found her wondering around our house a couple of months ago and no one has claimed her. Our local animal shelter is full and not accepting anymore animals so if no one claims her we are going to keep her. Can you tell we are cat people? lol
    in the past we have had all kinds of animals: ferrets, sugar gliders, potbelly pigs, a blue front amazon parrot, cockatiels, dogs, gerbils, hamsters, newts, basilisk lizard.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    1 dog & 1 fat goldfish
  • Kayraysmommy2209
    Options
    3 dogs at the moment.
    Rayne- JRT
    Heidi- Dachshund
    Grace- JRT/Chihuahua mix

i have been a vet tech for over 20 years and have only known two bad pits. the same owner. makes you wonder doesnt it.

most pits are pansy

I so agree, I had a pit/doberman mix and he was the most loving dog ever, he loved to cuddle.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've got a "Hermie" too also "Sheldon" (my son calls him Sonic). Both hermit crabs. Three cats too Cecilia, Sydney, and Tootsie.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    <
    not exotic, but definately misunderstood......... and i absolutely couldn't be happier... and we're thinking about getting another one, lol.

I second this entire thing. I have a pit, not exotic but misunderstood, and hoping to get a second pit!

I used to have:
    1 guinea pig
    2 "feeder" mice
    1 rat
    1 hamster
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm a rabbit lover -- proud momma to MacGyver (gray mini-Rex, the softest breed there is) and Phoenix (white Dwarf mix).

MacGyver has an attitude to match his name; no table is too high, no couch left unexplored. If there is a way to squeeze on, under, or around, he will find it. Phoenix thinks she's a princess and spends her time posing. They're both addicted to blueberry yogurt chips.

They're bonded buns and live in the same cage, cuddle with each other, and all that. Disgustingly cute.
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have a dog named Ludo, two hairless rats named Fester and Gomez and the love of my life, a ten year old pot bellied pig, Oliver:

IMG_1240-1.jpg

I'm in love with Oliver!!!

We have two bichons and 4 cats

and as for exotics, it continues to amaze me that in america you can own a tiger, lion, bear or monkey, I just don't get how this can still be allowed.