I HATE running!

Options
2»

Replies

• paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Running was the only exercise I did for the first 3months of my weight-loss journey. I grew to despise it! I can do about 45 minutes non-stop at about 5.5 mph. Well, that's what I used to be able to do...I haven't ran non-stop in about two weeks. I'm probably slower now?

Anyway, I want to try new exercises like Piloxing (pilates + boxing + dance. I don't know why dance didn't make it into the name lol), or just plane kickboxing.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i loved playing sports, but was never really a runner. Running is mostly mental and it is a great time to get my alone time. I enjoy cycling when it starts getting too hot to run in Texas. Cycling allows me to cover more miles with less of the pounding. I know enjoy running and hope to eventually become one of those guys that other women admire when I run.

Good Luck and find something that you enjoy so that you will stay with it.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have despised running my entire life. I've always hated it. Running that "mile" in gym class was like the worst day ever.

Then I discovered C25k.... I never thought it'd be possible, I always sucked at running, never had any interest in liking it because it was so miserable to do... but I figured whatever, I need to workout, I'll give it a try. That was about 8 weeks ago. I went from feeling like death doing 90 seconds of running to being able to run for 25 minutes straight without stopping.

And the best part is - I kind of like it. It was just such an adrenaline rush to know I finished 25 minutes of something I could never do and couldn't stand to do because of that lol.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    It's not that I CANT run for long or that I suck at it, it's just that I find it so. freakin. boring. I run out of things to think about within the first 10 minutes. Also, I have to run for at least an hour to burn the same amount of calories that I burn in a 30-minute circuit training session, which suuuuuucks.

I guess I prefer exercises that are engaging and involve different moves.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It's not that I CANT run for long or that I suck at it, it's just that I find it so. freakin. boring. I run out of things to think about within the first 10 minutes. Also, I have to run for at least an hour to burn the same amount of calories that I burn in a 30-minute circuit training session, which suuuuuucks.

I guess I prefer exercises that are engaging and involve different moves.

I don't know how you feel about watching TV but I like to throw on Rob & Big while I run at the gym lol. I've tried to read magazines or books while doing it but I feel like I'm bouncing around too much to keep my eyes on the same line. Maybe if you had a movie going or a show you like it'd keep you distracted (this of course if you're running on a treadmill) I've only run outside a couple of times and since it was so different for me, I just took in the scenery while trying not to die on the hills at the state park lol.