emotional struggle

Options

Replies

• LeslieJK
    Options
    Hi Bryan...Definitely one day at a time. I too have a great deal of weight to lose. I am doing weight watchers along with the sight. There is a couple that have been going to weight watchers since Feb. Together they came in using walkers and oxygen tanks. As of 3 weeks ago the man has lost over 70 lbs and has made life time. Both the man and woman no longer need the walkers or the air. There are other men in the group as well. Men tend to drop weight much faster than women when they stick to the plan. Be encouraged. You have already taken the fist step by admitting you need to lose the weight and want to do something about it. I think everyone on here will tell you that taking that step is the beginning of a new you. Stick within the goals set on this sight and you will see the weight come off. God bless you and be with you on this journey
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Bryan, I can't improve on what many people here have already said, but I did want to welcome you and offer my encouragement as well. MFP is a great place!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Start slowly, get some lost, remember every pound not gained is a success.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bryan!!! You've taken the most important step..!!! We'll be here w/you every step of the way!
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brian! One of my favorite quotes is: Eat a little less and move a little more! You can do this! This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!

Good luck!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Bryan....

Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!!

12117749.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Gary? Where's Gary? ok well... hope he sees this and jumps on because he is the epitome of inspiration.

yeah. i've been successful. i've seen some other successful people on here. this is the one place where you can actually DO IT. and do it correctly. but seriously, you have to see this friend of mine and realize that exactly what you're trying to do, can be done and HAS been done.

so you can do it too.
  • ajgamble
    Options
    Hi Brian:

Losing weight has been hard for me also. Don't give up, even if you have a bad day, just start out each day with the same goal of what you have set out to do. Entering my food intake and seeing how high-cal some of what I regular eat has been a real eye opener and has helped me be more aware to try harder. I pray that the emotional part would improve for you and that the right people can connect with you to give you great support.
  • collyllama
    Options
    Bryan, I have 150 lbs to lose myself... I've been doing this now about 5 weeks and this site makes it much easier! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Gary? Where's Gary? ok well... hope he sees this and jumps on because he is the epitome of inspiration.

yeah. i've been successful. i've seen some other successful people on here. this is the one place where you can actually DO IT. and do it correctly. but seriously, you have to see this friend of mine and realize that exactly what you're trying to do, can be done and HAS been done.

so you can do it too.

AGREED! I am posting this to his wall.
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    Hey Bryan,
    Youve come to the right place! Take one day at a time and we can do this! We are all hear for eachother fighting the same battle!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Joining a site like this is an important step. Last night I read about a man who started at 525lbs & dropped 50lbs in his first month!

Get up and MOVE! Join a gym... hop on the treadmill. Bests advice I can give! Bring a book or a magazine... & just hang out. You don't have to go fast at first... just a comfortable walk. And relax, & enjoy it. Get your sweat on... & have a good time. It'll come.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're in the right place. Slow and steady wins the race, but each step counts!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hey Bryan, youve got some really great advice so far, so I really wont have too much to add other then the fact that I KNOW what you are going thru personally. I started out at 476 lbs in May 2009. This is a battle that CAN be won if you work hard and want it bad enough.

MFP is a great place for support to help get you thru it, you are NOT ALONE!

Feel free to send me a friend request and let me know if you need any help or advice along the way.

Also check out my site www.500lbs2marathon.com

Youve made the first step to a healthier you, congrats!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hi bryan :) we're all very welcoming here. go find 500lbstomarathon (his name is gary) and introduce yourself. he will motivate you like no one else can!
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Welcome!!! I'm so proud of you for taking this first step, every day is a new day in this adventure and you will find many amazing people here to help you out with any questions you may have and also to help kick your butt in gear on those days you are feeling like not doing a damn thing and wanting to eat all that "comfort" food you have been.. I still have my days of struggle but the friends I have here now always help lift me up and make me want to make better choices for me.

Cheers to you!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    There is already some excellent advice here if you have not already taken the first steps. If you are building your support group, add me..In fact, I'll send you a FR.

You CAN do this.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Congratulations! You just made a huge step by joing MFP. You will have a ton of support here!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Hey Bryan, youve got some really great advice so far, so I really wont have too much to add other then the fact that I KNOW what you are going thru personally. I started out at 476 lbs in May 2009. This is a battle that CAN be won if you work hard and want it bad enough.

MFP is a great place for support to help get you thru it, you are NOT ALONE!

Feel free to send me a friend request and let me know if you need any help or advice along the way.

Also check out my site www.500lbs2marathon.com

Youve made the first step to a healthier you, congrats!

i'm so glad you found this :)
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Welcome brother now lets get to work...on everything :)