[GROUP FULL] SPARTANS: No Excuses November Chat - Wk 1

Options

Replies

• spasticlulu
    Options
    Got the calf raises in boss =) Wanted to say thank you for doing this!!

@lingading - hope things work out for you and you get better soon!!
  • HisChild2011
    HisChild2011 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the day 2 challenge! I try to get in a gallon of water a day typically. Had to make yesterday my rest day due to my daughter's conference schedule, but its cool. I'm still thinkin positive! I like being a Spartan! I shant be defeated by king stomach! Lets give our best today all :)
  • Fitconfidence
    Options
    Okay, So day 1 didn't go so well. I was moving around a lot and keep forgetting my water bottles everywhere so I didn't meet that challenge, but I'm definitely on this challenge for day 2. It should be pretty easy because it is something you can do before you go to bed or as soon as you get home.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My coffee kicked in by the time that I got to the track so I did run the same as yesterday AND I did 25 calf raises. I am on my 25 oz of water and shooting for 100 again.
    @lingading : Take it one day at a time and focus on getting better.
  • SewJoe
    SewJoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Got most of the water in, but I thank you for the great information on the benefits of drinking the water! That is good news. Will do the 100 today. I may even throw in some sound effects (Spartan whooping!) just to give hubby a laugh.
  • TheyAre3Together
    Options
    I drank about 80oz of water yesterday, did my cardio, and will aim for at least 100 calf raises today. Thanks for the extra challenges! =)
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Didn't see Day 1 till 10 last night due to a really busy day, and not feeling well over the weekend.
    Will definitely be working on Day 2 though!
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, this hit me like a ton of bricks a few days ago and I'm just completely lacking any appetite whatsoever. I squeezed in a few oz of water a little bit ago, going to work on some more now. Hopefully I can get out of this funk in the next few days and get back to living healthfully. This is the first time I've ever experienced a complete aversion to food..
  • ahaar1
    ahaar1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Day 1: I didn't see this thread till now. Very busy and work and at home. I did get in 64oz of water yesterday and will shoot for 100oz today.

Day 2: I will add this to my daily work out. I started Tae-Bo Extreme last week so this challenge will go well with it.

This is my first challenge and I am loving the motivation it is giving me! Thank you!!
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    sittingduck - LMAO I am all about pizza! Even when I'm not eating pizza, I'm having fresh mozzarella, tomato slices, and pita chips. Best food combo ever.

mouser - I didn't get my 100 in either. I'm working on it today, though. Glad to see you made it to the boards!

hersheygirl - 70 oz of water is nothing to sneeze at. LOVE it when you're pumped up! YEAH!
    ''
    juls - Great work on the 30DS, I hear it's killer. Let me know how the 10 rep increments go :)

Lindalee - you're so welcome! I love that everyone's so psyched, it just fuels me to dream up some new things for us to do. How do you like Insanity? I did some P90X back in the day but alas, I need low impact workouts, and Insanity seemed like far too much plyo for my sad little lumbar to handle.

lingading - you are a strong woman, who has been through a lot, and you will get through this too. One breath at a time, if you have to. We're here for you.

lulu - YEEAHH WOO HOO!!! :drinker:

HisChild - A gallon!? Now that sounds like a Spartan worthy challenge...uh oh...I'm getting an idea...

FitConfidence - Those extra challenges are totally OPTIONAL. No stressing allowed. :) How was your food? How was your exercise...are you happy with that part of day 1? Also, you could take on these daily challenges whenever you want. Whatever day you want. :) Repeat them if you like them!

SewJoe - You're welcome! Sometimes I'm surprised by the info I uncover :) The water info was too cool not to pass on. Just wait for later this month...the water challenge will be back, and badder :)

TheyAre3Together - First of all, I've been meaning to say, I LOVE that song, if that's the song your name refers to. Also, W00h00's on your 80 oz!

Nicholec! You're here you're here!

ahaar - welcome and great job on the 100oz goal today! You can do these challenges whenever you want, if you miss one. What's Tae Bo Extreme?? I thought Billy was done making those :)
  • Dclem1206
    Options
    Got most of the water yesterday. So.t have time for all of the water calf raises but ill do all I can later!
  • kateland
    Options
    OK so I'm totally psyched - I just found out from Awesome Moderator Steve that MFP is about to roll out a Groups feature in the next few days. That means we users can create our own private groups with our own message boards! That will take a lot of the coordination stress out of finding the right thread to post stuff on.

So I will likely be creating a Spartan group for us to continue our journey. It'll likely be easier to find and get you all involved.

More as it happens!

Hey - who hasn't friended me yet??
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Insanity Pure Cardio and JM-No More Trouble Zones.

My personal goal: Each day log everything I eat, and make my diary public. I did that yesterday. I'm off to a good start. :)

Don't you love JM's NMTZ? My legs kill afterwards but it's nice to have that pain in my "saddlebag" area.
  • mobetta2012
    Options
    DAY 1: didnt get 100oz down but I got 64oz

Day 2: i will be working on that @ the gym 2day..
  • hypergrl
    Options
    Okay, I got in 109oz of water yesterday and like many of you paid for it during the night. LOL

I finished my workout day with TF HIIT 15, 30DS, and JM's NMTZ for a whopping burn of 1400 calories for the day. I did not make it to the gym for strength training yet, I'm still trying to work that into my schedule (hoping to get my bf involved with it). My ab workout was both 30DS and NMTZ. My abs were screaming after those two workouts.

Today I'm dragging a bit...I woke up late and I have a sinus headache right behind my eyes. Yuck!
    I'm going to try and get in HIIT 20 and 30DS and see if I have enough calories burned for the day...still trying to reach my goal of 6000 calories burned in one week. :)
  • kateland
    Options
    Okay, I got in 109oz of water yesterday and like many of you paid for it during the night. LOL

I finished my workout day with TF HIIT 15, 30DS, and JM's NMTZ for a whopping burn of 1400 calories for the day. I did not make it to the gym for strength training yet, I'm still trying to work that into my schedule (hoping to get my bf involved with it). My ab workout was both 30DS and NMTZ. My abs were screaming after those two workouts.

Today I'm dragging a bit...I woke up late and I have a sinus headache right behind my eyes. Yuck!
    I'm going to try and get in HIIT 20 and 30DS and see if I have enough calories burned for the day...still trying to reach my goal of 6000 calories burned in one week. :)

For you, 200 oz of water today.

Kidding. LOL. Wow what a burn! Is that even possible?! Are you two dimensional yet?
  • hypergrl
    Options

For you, 200 oz of water today.

Kidding. LOL. Wow what a burn! Is that even possible?! Are you two dimensional yet?

OMG I would just have to camp out in my bathroom if I drank that much. No, I wish I was two dimensional, but I have noticed that my workout pants are falling off during working out. So, that's good in an annoying way. I'm really going to have to buy some new ones it is truly annoying that I'm spending more time pulling up and adjusting my pants than working out.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing great....yeah....I am on vacation till next Monday so it is kind of hard to keep up with the daily challenges, but I will try to do some of them (if possible). I am going to try to do day 1 challenge today....up to 4 cups so far....
  • mouser228
    Options
    Got my 100 toe/calf lifts in--yeah...anything extra will be a bonus

Working on my water--about 60 oz. so far--would like to be done before 7:00 p.m.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Day one was great. Got all 100oz of water in and also got my 30 minutes of exercise in.. Was very proud of the water..I was worried about that one since I have never been a big water drinking in the colder months or any month really