IS IT OK TO HAVE A SMALL SPOON OF PEANUT BUTTER IF YOU ARE H

Options

Replies

• sryan8408
    Options
    Eat whatever you want hun. Just remember to get AT LEAST 1200 calories. Stay within your calorie limits and try to eat at least half of your exercise caloires.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It's ok to eat whatever the heck you want as long as it fits within your calorie goal. You'll live.

I keep forgetting this, moderaton is key!!! I deprive myself, and I should relax a lil and enjoy life!
  • sryan8408
    Options
    I have peanut butter toast everyday and have lost 65 lbs. Keep it within your calorie goal and it will be fine.

Oh I like this! I will be trying it don't know why I didn't think of it :happy:

Try it with sugar free hot chocolate and DIP! Instant Reese Cup Fix!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    You are fine!!!! Peanut butter is one of my favorites!!! I am hypoglycemic, and it helps when my sugar gets too low..... Have you ever tried Almond Butter? It's even better for you than pb
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Peanut's are filled with good fat....you are fine!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    PB is a great quick source of energy but you need to be mindful of it's high calorie content.

There is a powdered peanut butter out there (seriously), they have removed all the oil to reduce the calories. You can mix it with water for a low calorie peanut butter treat or you can mix it into stuff like smoothies and fat free cream cheese to enhance the flavor and protein. Of course you can use protein powder for that too, I recommend whey protein, it seems to be the best kind.
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Peanut Butter is VERY good for you! It is the good fat, which everyone needs in their diet. I have two tablespoons every day! I love it and will never give it up. I put it on a cut up apple. I look forward to it!!! So next time, take out the tablespoon!!! : )
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    It's fine, you said 1 spoon? thats probably only 95 calories max, i eat that stuff all day
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Just include it in your calories.... Fat and protein both help you feel full. You need to have some fat, don't think of fat as "wasted" calories.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    And as far as a veggie omelet goes.....make it a 3-4 egg white omelet with as many veggies as you want!! Track the calories eaten, and you'll actually be surprised at how low cal that is....
    And eat a CARB with it!! Like, I eat a 1/2 a Sara Lee 90 Calorie Whole Wheat muffin along with mine.....
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    PB is a great quick source of energy but you need to be mindful of it's high calorie content.

There is a powdered peanut butter out there (seriously), they have removed all the oil to reduce the calories. You can mix it with water for a low calorie peanut butter treat or you can mix it into stuff like smoothies and fat free cream cheese to enhance the flavor and protein. Of course you can use protein powder for that too, I recommend whey protein, it seems to be the best kind.

I've heard this stuff is GREAT tasting too!!
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    No.................................use a big spoon! Peanut butter is great as long as it's not laden with a bunch of sugar. 2 tablespoons is a standard serving.

Hahaha I love this! I totally agree!

I make my own almond butter - and add a banana to make it banana butter (which lowers calories and doubles the quantity, while adding a natural sweetness) and I literally have to make it every week cause I'm so in love with it.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    No.................................use a big spoon! Peanut butter is great as long as it's not laden with a bunch of sugar. 2 tablespoons is a standard serving.

^^ this. I eat natural peanut butter several times during the week. it has healthy fat, quality protein, and limited sugar. I love the crunchy variety.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches on wheat. Great protein source!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & co. get it india!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I used to be like you! Ive been on maintenance for 10+ years. I joined MFP just to keep an eye on my sugar and increase my protein. Then i realized I wasnt eating enough calories. I now have my peanut butter once or twice a day. I eat lots of nuts to help make up the deficit and I am fitter than Ive been in years.Oh and I lost a few extra lbs that I couldnt seem to lose eating so little before. This was a win, win for me!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What? Why would it not be OK?
    NICE. Good job answering the question.
    Really, I thought most people would be smart enough to see that I meant "yes". But there's a little more to it. You see, when someone asks in all caps if it's ok to eat 1/4 tablespoon of peanut butter, there is something going on that isn't quite normal.
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Smart Balance peanutbutter is only 95 calories per tablespoon. That's no big deal at all. Put it on a piece of whole grain bread and you'll have a delicious snack. Just stay within your calorie goals for the day and you'll be fine. Good luck!!!
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches on wheat. Great protein source!
    Love Love Love this!
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i just ate a jar of peanut butter in 2 days. hahah its fine.