IS IT OK TO HAVE A SMALL SPOON OF PEANUT BUTTER IF YOU ARE H

Options

Replies

• Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sounds kinda eating disorder speak. Of course someone would still be hungry eating a 'small piece of a veggie omelette" Try a large spoon of peanut butter and eat more omelette.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You've been eating a small spoon of peanut butter like every day, why are you suddenly panicking about it? This is not a healthy frame of mind.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    yup...have another

do this
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    eat a jar with BBQ sauce on top
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What kind of peanut butter do you eat? Which kind is good for you and not so good for you? Does it really matter?
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Unless you have an eating disorder ot are alergic to peanuts....WHY are you even asking? READ THE NUTRITION INFORMATION
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've started running first thing in the morning before breakfast and as soon as I walk in the door, I go straight for the peanut butter with a tablespoon. It's actually helped replenished a little bit of energy to last until I can get to my actual breakfast.
  • Kabula
    Options
    Sounds kinda eating disorder speak. Of course someone would still be hungry eating a 'small piece of a veggie omelette" Try a large spoon of peanut butter and eat more omelette.

HEY! JUST CAUSE IT'S IN CAPS DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING! LOL! Has nothing to do with an eating disorder! Otherwise I would not be part of this website! Just a simple question with a simple answer--Just wanted to know what people thought do to the fat content of peanut butter! Thanks!
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Take one square of Godiva dark chocolate (I like the 72%), put one tablespoon of peanut butter on top, and enjoy! It's like a high class Reeses cup.
  • Kabula
    Options
    read my post below!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter rocks my world.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

HEY! JUST CAUSE IT'S IN CAPS DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING! LOL! Has nothing to do with an eating disorder! Otherwise I would not be part of this website! Just a simple question with a simple answer--Just wanted to know what people thought do to the fat content of peanut butter! Thanks!

Just because you are on MFP does not automatically mean you do not have an eating disorder. The way you phrased yourself was cause for legitimate concern.

And yes, all caps does mean something. It means yelling. Stop it.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any real PB all year i just cant bring myself to eat it because of high calorie and fat content
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eating a small spoon of peanut butter to fill yourself up is more than okay. It's healthy.
  • Kabula
    Options

Just because you are on MFP does not automatically mean you do not have an eating disorder. The way you phrased yourself was cause for legitimate concern.

LOL! Goodness! One can't post anything without somepeople going ballistic! Don't make judgements; I don't know you and you don't know me!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    peanut butter = awesomeness!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

LOL! Goodness! One can't post anything without somepeople going ballistic! Don't make judgements; I don't know you and you don't know me!

The emphasis is now on the tiny bit of fat in the tiny spoon of PB.....while eating a tiny bit of omelette.....see where I'm coming from, probably not.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I mean, what else are you planning on eating today to get to your 1400 calories that you can't afford 95 calories per tablespoon of peanut butter? One of my favorite snacks (if I have about 150 calories left at the end of the day) is a serving of caramel quakes and a tablespoon of peanut butter . . . droolz!
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    PB is a great quick source of energy but you need to be mindful of it's high calorie content.

There is a powdered peanut butter out there (seriously), they have removed all the oil to reduce the calories. You can mix it with water for a low calorie peanut butter treat or you can mix it into stuff like smoothies and fat free cream cheese to enhance the flavor and protein. Of course you can use protein powder for that too, I recommend whey protein, it seems to be the best kind.

YES! IT'S CALLED PB2!!! And it's awesome and tastes great! You can scoop a tablespoon (or 2) of it into your protein shakes or you can mix 2 tablespoons of it w/1 tbspn of water and it makes delicious, guilt-free Peanut Butter! And just the right amnt of serving for your sandwich, so you don't overeat or get more than a serving size.

So here's the nutrition facts about PB2:
    2 tbspn serving size is 45 calories! 1.5 grams of fat! No saturated fat! 5 g of protein. Just 45 calories! I add sugar-free fruit preserves on my sandwich.
    You can find PB2 at Market Street and some health food stores. Or order online! Soooo gooooood!
    http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

I don't recall anyone going ballistic here. I didn't realize concern for other's health and well being was "going ballistic." If anything, you are getting defensive.

Just remember, no food is ever "off-limits." The unsaturated fats in peanut butter are good for you. It may be high calorie, but all that means is that you will have to compensate later in the day.