What People Say To You, or DON'T

Options
13»

Replies

• Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would never comment on someone's weight unless they told me first that they were working out/trying to lose weight. I know personally that weight loss could be for many different reasons like stress, breakups, sickness,etc. If I don't know that person's situation I will definitely not comment.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people don't mention how much you have lost because they don't want to imply that you were overweight before. Weight can be a touchy subject so some people just steer clear of the entire conversation.

Just keep doing what you're doing, and be happy you are successful. While pats on the back are nice, not receiving them doesn't have to impact you one way or the other.

and
    I would never comment on someone's weight unless they told me first that they were working out/trying to lose weight. I know personally that weight loss could be for many different reasons like stress, breakups, sickness,etc. If I don't know that person's situation I will definitely not comment.

I remember the first time I ever lost weight. I went from 180ish to 135 (well within a healthy range for my height). I dropped by the shop belonging to a high school friend's mother and was asked if I was healthy. When I said I was, I was informed that my weight loss made me look like I was recovering from luekemia or cancer. OUCH! Definitely a situation that I would rather have not known what they thought of my weight loss. Hopefully most people won't respond this way to any of you.
  • PogoPalOj
    Options
    Look at it this way Hon, most of the people who know you and see you; are seeing you for WHO you are, not what you look like. :wink: :wink:
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think the thing is too that some people don't know how friggin hard it REALLY is to drop pounds and tone so therefore they just take it for granted ... or maybe it's easy for them to lose the weight. Personally, if I know you or see you on a regular basis, I'm going to tell you that you look awesome .. I don't care who you are .. everyone wants a little acknowledgment of their effort. Heck .. I get frustrated on here with people who only care about themselves and never bother to comment on other people when they've posted something about their weight loss ... there's a whole lotta people everywhere who are just too wrapped up in themselves to give a hoot about anyone else.

I think you rock and you look AWESOME!!! Keep it up!!

I have NO PROBLEM telling you YOU look good, sistah!! :flowerforyou:
    (And that, folks, is one of my awesome MFP peeps. I paid for that endorsement! :laugh: )

HAHAHA!! You never have to pay for my endorsements ... you're simply awesome!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way Hon, most of the people who know you and see you; are seeing you for WHO you are, not what you look like. :wink: :wink:

You know what??? That's a FANTASTIC perspective. :love: THANK YOU for that!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA!! You never have to pay for my endorsements ... you're simply awesome!!

:blushing: