Why, bacon??? WHY??

Options
13»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Oscar Mayer- 35 calories a slice.......just saying. Me and bacon have a commited relationship. :wink:

This is what I've been eating. Tried the 25 calorie per slice shiz and that was just rubbery, 10 c's is definitely worth it!
  • Kezziix
    Options
    Sorry! but i've been america! && english bacon is the best! :D also how expensive is bacon in america!?
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    going price for what I could buy in the grocers here is $5 a pound. My freezer is well stocked for the winter at $2 /b from what I raised
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am that coworker.

Ha!
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    When Pepperidge Farm had a plant in my town, there was a whole block (or two) of obese ppl - the smell of the yummy baking wafted down their street and I guess the residents just couldn't help overeating. I didn't live in the aroma zone but when I got a wiff - it was delicious in my head!!!
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Here you go, bacon lip balm. Now you can taste bacon without the calories, sodium or fat :laugh:

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Bacon-Lip-Balm.html
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    We switched to turkey bacon - i know somthing i thought i would never do - here it is cheaper then pork bacon and i cook it in the oven till crispy and you really cant tell a difference. It has less calories and you get the taste of bacon :)

I am veeeeery skeptical over "you really can't tell a difference." Don't get me wrong, I like turkey bacon, but if you can't tell the difference, then you've never had real bacon. In my experience, they are SO not the same. What brand are you eating?
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No co-workers, but every day on my way to work I pass not one, not two, not three, but FOUR delis that make bacon and egg sandwiches in the morning. That's 20 times a week I have to resist the urge to get bacon egg and cheese on a croissant. I go to the deli run by devote Muslims for my morning deli needs, thus no pork products. While they try their hardest to sell me on the fake bacon, I know that stuff is nasty (sorry to all of you fakon eaters, but I can't stand anything other than the real deal)! I have real bacon on the weekends, but eating those sandwiches every other day is why I'm using MFP to begin with.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Here you go, bacon lip balm. Now you can taste bacon without the calories, sodium or fat :laugh:

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Bacon-Lip-Balm.html

....I'd probably have no lips left by the end of the day if I was to use this lip balm! That'd make me crave bacon even more :)