Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What foods do you no longer stand anymore?

Hi fellow MFP'ers,
I just read a post and that made me wonder what other peoples thoughts would be on the subject....

So.....What foods do you no longer stand to eat anymore? What did you replace it with?

For me....Sweet tea
Now.... Unsweet tea with lemon

Thanks for playing....

Replies

• damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    I can no longer stand a hamburger, or a steak. I'll take a bite, but I really don't like the taste anymore.

I also can no longer stand pastas. I eat brown rice every single day now.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    mountain dew - now it's all about flavored water
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    I can't really eat fatty foods very much anymore. Did a lot as a kid, then around 20 yrs old I had to have my gallbladder removed. :brokenheart: I still wanted them, just couldn't really eat them. :angry: Now that I'm eating healthier, I don't even want them! :love: If i eat fatty foods now, it tastes like I'm eating lard! :sick:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Ore Ida potatoes, the crinkle cuts, tater tots...all of them. I find that I pick up on the sodium in foods like that much quicker than before. I never was one for very salty foods anyway.

Now: Brown rice or I just have a roll instead.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 351 Member
    Mcdonalds i can't even bring myself to eat the "healthy" food there. Crazy 6 months ago I would kill for their fries lol
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Overly salty foods. The other day I went to O'Charleys and got the lunch half and half. I was bad and got the Cajun Chicken Pasta, but at least it was a very small portion. I couldn't eat it all because of the amount of salt, it felt like it was burning my mouth. Same with the foods at other restaurants as well.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Nothing fried...
    Now I don't even crave it. It makes me feel sick!
  • I went so long with out processed sugars or artifical foods (ate all natural, fresh for four weeks) that when I took a sip of my daughter's chocolate milk shake it tasted like a chemical science experiment to me!! Yuck. That used to be my favorite "sin-food". It's now herbal tea with honey or coffee-- flavored with sugar free syrups.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Anything with a lot of bread, or anything greasy....just doesn't appeal to me anymore.
  • Malloryrae1211
    Malloryrae1211 Posts: 60 Member
    Frozen nuggets and fries. YUCK!!! oh and boxed mac and cheese!
  • One word: McDonalds!
  • Cookies and cake. Ugh. I just think of how many calories more I have to burn.
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 330 Member
    I took a sip of my sons coke today and was like HOLY SUGAR WATER BATMAN ick... gross... actually I didn't even let HIM drink it ! lol nasty vile stuff
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Taco Bell. Even the ads make me gag. Gross! I used to eat it all the time! I dont think i replaced it with anything specific....but anything would be better then that crap! :laugh:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Ground beef - any of it. Lean or not - every time I've tried to eat it? It makes me REALLY sick. Same with anything deep fried - makes me super sick.

(And fast food... I can NOT stand ANY fast food.. gross)
  • I can't stand candies or anything Fried!!! Augghhh the other day I ate a few fries from my daughter happy meal and I was gagging.. I was like WOW I used to eat this all the time.....
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Soda.... The last time I had a drink the only thing I could think was "It tastes like burning".... Now I drink tea & water mostly.

I can still stand most other things, I have had a few foods that I used to love and was really disappointed though. Like most burgers from fast food taste like stale rubber...I'd much rather eat one made at home.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I took a sip of my sons coke today and was like HOLY SUGAR WATER BATMAN ick... gross... actually I didn't even let HIM drink it ! lol nasty vile stuff

I stopped letting our daughter drink soda...gah, you think I ended her world. lol (she's 9).
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Proper chip shop Fish and Chips...
    There is so much fat in one meal, I had one recntly and just felt ill for the rest of the day. My stomach felt like a lump of lead.
    Now I make my own but I bake it instead of frying. So much less fat!!!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    This is going to sound odd, but--- I cannot eat Reese's peanut butter cups anymore. I used to eat them all the time (they were my go-to candy) The little Christmas trees, the pumpkin shaped ones, the egg ones, the regular ones, the mini ones, you get the point.

My hubs had some sugar free ones the other day, and when I tasted it all I could taste was SALT it was gross to me so I spit out the bite of it.

Same thing happened a while back when I tried the mini ones recently.

I'm thankful, that makes avoiding them all the easier for me! For Halloween, we gave out snickers and reese's cups, and I am VERY PROUD to say I didn't have a single one!
    Now M & M's are a different story.... (but I've been good and haven't had those in a while either...)