Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What foods do you no longer stand anymore?

2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Just about bread product that is not whole grain. Especially waffles and pancakes. Replacement is making them with whole grain flour.

I grew up loving these things but they are so flavorless once you've tried them made with whole grain flour. Even pb can't make them taste good.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    soda. if i have it now, i get achy all over the next day.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Ore Ida potatoes, the crinkle cuts, tater tots...all of them. I find that I pick up on the sodium in foods like that much quicker than before. I never was one for very salty foods anyway.

Anything with sodium YUCK!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Taco Bell. Even the ads make me gag. Gross! I used to eat it all the time! I dont think i replaced it with anything specific....but anything would be better then that crap! :laugh:

oh i hope to get to this point one day and for fried, too. :laugh:
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Pizza.......... I used to love it. A few weeks ago I had it for the first time in over 4 months and let's just say my stomach HATED it and I felt miserable till the next day. I can still eat the Lean Cuisine ones though with no problems.... just not pizza from Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc

Also if I KNOW something has a crap ton of calories, I just avoid it altogether. That fried chicken crispers plate with fries at Chilis is NOT worth 3 hours in the gym. I just try and equate everything to exercise and how long it would take me to burn it off. Most of the time it's not worth it!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Fried Foods -- but this is more likely related to my needing my gall bladder out :) Before, I would just eat it and get sick anyway, but now that is totally ridiculous. Trying to use this as aversion therapy so I still hate it after my surgery!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Whole milk. Blargh.
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Taco Bell. Even the ads make me gag. Gross! I used to eat it all the time! I dont think i replaced it with anything specific....but anything would be better then that crap! :laugh:

I'm with you on the Taco Bell...it now causes instant runs!
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    French fries. Last time I had them it was like eating a salt lick. And I usually love salty things but they were so not worth eating. I started making baked sweet potato fries at home with garlic and spices (no salt) and those are my new go to if I'm craving. They freeze pretty well too.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    I do not like white rice anymore! I love brown rice. :heart:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Doritos.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    French fries,fast foods-replaced with more salads,healthy proteins,sw potatoes,more fresh veg.
    Looking at french fries turns my stomach.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    French fries,fast foods-replaced with more salads,healthy proteins,sw potatoes,more fresh veg.

Wow!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member

Wow!!

Y'know everyones tastes are different... I completely understand this...
    But i still enjoy my french fries - everyone is different. Thats why I love these answers :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Pizza.......... I used to love it. A few weeks ago I had it for the first time in over 4 months and let's just say my stomach HATED it and I felt miserable till the next day. I can still eat the Lean Cuisine ones though with no problems.... just not pizza from Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc

Also if I KNOW something has a crap ton of calories, I just avoid it altogether. That fried chicken crispers plate with fries at Chilis is NOT worth 3 hours in the gym. I just try and equate everything to exercise and how long it would take me to burn it off. Most of the time it's not worth it!

Pizza is still one of my favorite foods! But I have learned to eat it in moderation now. I now can eat one medium or large slice of pizza with a piece of fruit or salad and be satisfied. I eat it very slowly and mindfully so I enjoy it and am good with one slice. Back in the day I could eat a whole pizza easily.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    How timely. Today I decided to eat one of those Maruchan instant lunch in a cup things. They never were my favorite thing and I hadn't had one in years, but for some reason it sounded good today.

EW. So salty, so bland, EW. Also 1400 mg of sodium. I just felt disgusting afterward.

I prefer whole wheat pretty much everything and NO THANK YOU to fried or most fast food. PIzza is finally losing its charm too, and that used to be THE food that I could not put down once I took a bite.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Any kind of soda, bubbles? yuck!